No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire Says Mares, Rigondeaux Not Likely Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by puga View Post
    i find that hard to believe.. i dont think rigo is that dumb to re-sign with top rank when he cant even decide for himself when he is ready or not .. that's not believable at all unless one is a robot
    It's not just Rigo, no fighter that isn't a major attraction gets to pick and choose the details of the fights.

They get given dates, venues and opponents by the promoters and go to work. Unless there is an injury, illness or something else, they fight on the promoters schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      It's not just Rigo, no fighter that isn't a major attraction gets to pick and choose the details of the fights.

They get given dates, venues and opponents by the promoters and go to work. Unless there is an injury, illness or something else, they fight on the promoters schedule.
      there are certain details that a non star cant choose no doubt, but he's not tied to everything his promoter wants him to do.hell , TR wanted gamboa to fight rios but he did'nt...what youre sayin is like rigo cant even decide if he's hungry or not.. or like if he wanna taco or chicken for lunch wont even be up to him..

Comment

there are certain details that a non star cant choose no doubt, but he's not tied to everything his promoter wants him to do.hell , TR wanted gamboa to fight rios but he did'nt...what youre sayin is like rigo cant even decide if he's hungry or not.. or like if he wanna taco or chicken for lunch wont even be up to him..
        I'm saying he can't choose dates and venues, he's nowhere near being able to pick and choose the fight details.

Opponents, he'll be given options but they will be fought when and where the promoter decides. Not signing to fight Rios also saw Gamboa into a lay-off that lasted over a year as well as a new promoter.

Comment

Sure, Rigo could pull a Gamboa, and then just like Gamboa he would be sitting on his sofa until someone else decided to buy his contract from Top Rank.

99% of promotional contracts basically only guarantee offers of x number of fights per year, with certain minimum purses. The rest is at the discretion of the promoter. And if the fighter doesnt accept, the promoter can put him on the shelf.

Edit: I remember the first contract I negotiated for a fighter with Don King. King even tried to put in that he could choose the trainer and location of training camp. Obviously I killed that, but believe me when I tell you that NO PROMOTER will sign a promotional contract giving the fighter the choice of dates / opponents, unless you are talking about Floyd, Manny, or a Klitschko.
          Last edited by OnePunch; 01-06-2013, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck
            Anybody know why Rigo can't fight in March?
            I'm pretty sure Rigo would drop his fight in February to fight Donaire in March.

Gentlemen I believe this is ducking at its finest by Donaire once again.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by SoggyLungs
              Quote:

Originally Posted by WarMaidana

if rigo wants the fight he better say he will fight march and pull out of his next fight

^^agreed...rigo should make it known that he will fight donaire in march next.

mares is with gbp so of course that fight is hard to make...but it shouldn't be hard to make donaire vs rigo next if both guys really want it and if bob is willing to make it happen.
              Rigo's people already said they would do anything to get the fight with Donaire. This is simply ANOTHER duck by Mr Donaire the so called fighter of the year.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Some of you people don't know **** about the Boxing business saying Donaire is avoiding anyone. Did you not learn a damn thing when a well-respected promotor wrote this yesterday on THESE boards: "NO PROMOTER will sign a promotional contract giving the fighter the choice of dates / opponents, unless you are talking about Floyd, Manny, or a Klitschko". Donaire does not make the choice of who he fights next, his promoter does. Same with Rigo.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                  I'm saying he can't choose dates and venues, he's nowhere near being able to pick and choose the fight details.

Opponents, he'll be given options but they will be fought when and where the promoter decides. Not signing to fight Rios also saw Gamboa into a lay-off that lasted over a year as well as a new promoter.
                  i agree with that..but if team nonito offers the fight to rigo on march with bobby's approval , i cant see why it would still be TR or nonito's fault if rigo chooses to fight on february..

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                  Sure, Rigo could pull a Gamboa, and then just like Gamboa he would be sitting on his sofa until someone else decided to buy his contract from Top Rank.

99% of promotional contracts basically only guarantee offers of x number of fights per year, with certain minimum purses. The rest is at the discretion of the promoter. And if the fighter doesnt accept, the promoter can put him on the shelf.

Edit: I remember the first contract I negotiated for a fighter with Don King. King even tried to put in that he could choose the trainer and location of training camp. Obviously I killed that, but believe me when I tell you that NO PROMOTER will sign a promotional contract giving the fighter the choice of dates / opponents, unless you are talking about Floyd, Manny, or a Klitschko.
                  i belive you but it's just that balming promoters all the time is a habit round here..it's always the promoter's fault..i agree for most the part , but with rigo right now, as it looks got 2 options, fight on feb or march..so if he chooses the feb date,it means he aint ready for donaire yet..

Comment

i agree with that..but if team nonito offers the fight to rigo on march with bobby's approval , i cant see why it would still be TR or nonito's fault if rigo chooses to fight on february..

i belive you but it's just that balming promoters all the time is a habit round here..it's always the promoter's fault..i agree for most the part , but with rigo right now, as it looks got 2 options, fight on feb or march..so if he chooses the feb date,it means he aint ready for donaire yet..
                    BTW, are you still a Donaire fan because you posted that if Donaire would not fight without OST then that he would be a pussie like Floyd and you wouldn't support him anymore and since Donaire has is now not only demanding OST for Rigo, but for everyone fighter, I wonder were you now stand? So are you not going to be a fan or are you going to flipturd
                    Last edited by littlemac; 01-06-2013, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by littlemac View Post
                      BTW, are you still a Donaire fan because you posted that if Donaire would not fight without OST then that he would be a pussie like Floyd and you wouldn't support him anymore and since Donaire has is now not only demanding OST for Rigo, but for everyone fighter, I wonder were you now stand? So are you not going to be a fan or are you going to flipturd
                      donaire never said "OST or no fight"..instaed he said "even if the opponet pops positive , he'd still him..

plus, floyd testing is garbage anyways

Comment

Working...
                      X