Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggest "tune up" disasters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

many ppl dont realize gatti/ward 1 was supposed to be a tune up for gatti. didnt turn out that way tho. and then theres linares vs.random mexican and then theres pong vs. random pinoy

Comment

how about juanma-salido 1? nobody really thought salido would beat him the first time around if i remember correctly and he had a huge payday with gamboa out there.

Comment

Hatton-Lazcano
        Khan-Garcia
        Bowe-Golota I
        Tarver-Harding I

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
          Hatton-Lazcano
          I
          hatton won every rd????????
          tht was a comeback not a tune up

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
            how about juanma-salido 1? nobody really thought salido would beat him the first time around if i remember correctly and he had a huge payday with gamboa out there.
            This, Juanma vs Salido I.

Comment

Amir Khan has been tuning up for Mayweather for the past 2 years

Comment

I think the concept of what a tune up is, is lost in this thread. Some people got it, others are just mentioning upsets that were not tune-ups.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather made some mistakes fighting some opponents that were too easy.

Went and dominated prime Gatti and made Hatton and Cotto say "oh no way I'm ready to fight Mayweather, hes too good"

- LINEAL CHAMPION of 140 was AFRAID to fight a guy who MOVED UP from 130 lbs.

Floyd Mayweather dominated and won every round against prime Marquez. Paquiao said "oh no way, mayweather just destroyed the guy that I needed uncle bob's judges to get past twice, better come up with some excuses"

Money is too good sometimes it costs him the big fights.

Comment

Oscar vs Sturm but De La Hoya got the nod. I remember B hop praying in the locker room like don't f**k this up fish nets.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                      Can't believe I forgot the biggest tune up disaster of all time; Tyson-Douglas.
                      Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                      kirkland-ishida , it just came completely out of nowhere lol
                      Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                      Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
                      Oscar vs Sturm but De La Hoya got the nod. I remember B hop praying in the locker room like don't f**k this up fish nets.
                      Totally agree.

Comment

Working...
                      X