Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would Mayweather's career been like if he had lost that '0' vs Castillo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    If floyd had a loss maybe manny doesn't get a fear of needles and shane doesn't have a toothache.
    Mosley said that while he was in the ring and Merchant asked him to be ready to fight in 3-4 months against Floyd. Mosley, who was having marital problems by the way, had already planned to go on vacations with Oscar's family. Even then, Mosley said if he would get an amount he can't refuse then that can change things. Funny how you forgot to include that in your statement, right?

Mosley said, lets fight a couple of months later. Floyd didn't want and fought no name Baldomir instead ...lol!. Mosley DID fight a few months after Mayweather. Finally it was Merchant that asked Mosley in that interview. It was not Floyd.

Furthermore, are you trying to say that Mosley was scared to fight Floyd? Mosley fought Winky Wright twice! Prime Oscar twice! Vernon Forrest twice! Mosley fought an undefeated Cotto at his prime. Mosley fought Margarito after Margarito destroyed Cotto. He fought Floyd when he was older so why not when he had a better chance of winning?

What you said about Mosley is so illogical that its not funny!

As for Manny, he agreed to testing as per Floyd's demands. So you fail!!!
    Last edited by ADP02; 01-05-2013, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
      Funny the way you bring up Margarito that did even go up to Floyd to get that fight to happen. More importantly, did Floyd no that Margarito was a cheat? Floyd was still with Top Rank at the time. Did they fight? Funny hey?

Cotto couldn't possibly get Floyd in the ring when Floyd went on vacation, could he? No point in requesting a fight for that simple reason. Arum stated clearly that down the line there would definitely be a fight between Floyd vs Cotto. Arum even stated that all that had to happen was for Cotto to gain more experience and that fight would have been made. Floyd preferred the greener version of Cotto when he wasn't quite there yet. Floyd went on vacation once the WW division started getting interesting.
      So even though Margo goes up to Floyd to make the fight, you leave out the WELL DOCUMENTED portion when Arum didnt even want to pay Floyd to make the fight happen.

Like I said earlier, people criticize him for stopping Arum from robbing him blind...

The thing is we dont know how long Margo has cheated. But the fact remains that he was caught and put an asterisk on his career. How is that any different than anyone else who gets caught cheating.

In regards to Cotto- Do u actually believe Arum would have made the fight??? Good grief man, if Arum cant even get out of his own way to make Pac-May happen for all of the money it would have made, what makes u think he would have made the Cotto fight. Arum didnt even get out of his own way to make May-Dela Hoya, which is why Floyd left Arum anyway. ..

Comment

Originally posted by R-NEAL View Post
        So even though Margo goes up to Floyd to make the fight, you leave out the WELL DOCUMENTED portion when Arum didnt even want to pay Floyd to make the fight happen.

Like I said earlier, people criticize him for stopping Arum from robbing him blind...

The thing is we dont know how long Margo has cheated. But the fact remains that he was caught and put an asterisk on his career. How is that any different than anyone else who gets caught cheating.

In regards to Cotto- Do u actually believe Arum would have made the fight??? Good grief man, if Arum cant even get out of his own way to make Pac-May happen for all of the money it would have made, what makes u think he would have made the Cotto fight. Arum didnt even get out of his own way to make May-Dela Hoya, which is why Floyd left Arum anyway. ..
        The problem with Floyd and his fans is that they just back with excuses as to why the fight was not made. When Floyd is with Arum, they come up with excuses then when Floyd is not, they still come back with Arum only fights fighters against fighters that are in his stable. Then you give them a good example of that not being the case then they make more excuses or run away! lol!

Floyd didn't want to fight Margarito. Both Floyd and Margarito were under Arum. You don't discuss other fighters like Floyd did to excuse him of fighting Margarito. That my friend , was well documented!!!!

Correct, Floyd didn't know that Margarito cheated back then or not.

Floyd, years later admitted to ducking Margarito and said something like "I knew that I shouldn't have taken the fight with Margarito because I always knew that there was something wrong with Margarito and him being a cheater" .... that means he ducked Margarito!!!

Arum stated that Floyd vs Cotto will happen once Cotto gains more experience. Arum also stated that Floyd is a great boxer but if there is one guy that can do it its Cotto. AGain, WELL DOCUMENTED!!!

Manny fought Oscar who is an opposing promoter of Arum and not in Arum's stable. So that shoots down your last point!!!
        Last edited by ADP02; 01-05-2013, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
          Mosley said that while he was in the ring and Merchant asked him to be ready to fight in 3-4 months against Floyd. Mosley, who was having marital problems by the way, had already planned to go on vacations with Oscar's family. Even then, Mosley said if he would get an amount he can't refuse then that can change things. Funny how you forgot to include that in your statement, right?

Mosley said, lets fight a couple of months later. Floyd didn't want and fought no name Baldomir instead ...lol!. Mosley DID fight a few months after Mayweather. Finally it was Merchant that asked Mosley in that interview. It was not Floyd.

Furthermore, are you trying to say that Mosley was scared to fight Floyd? Mosley fought Winky Wright twice! Prime Oscar twice! Vernon Forrest twice! Mosley fought an undefeated Cotto at his prime. Mosley fought Margarito after Margarito destroyed Cotto. He fought Floyd when he was older so why not when he had a better chance of winning?

What you said about Mosley is so illogical that its not funny!

As for Manny, he agreed to testing as per Floyd's demands. So you fail!!!
          Mosley had a toothache and manny was scared of needles when floyd was undefeated. The ts asked what would happen if floyd had a loss. So I assume these guys wouldn't digure he was so good so they wouldn't make pathetic excuses not to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
            Show me all my post where I spend all my time and energy on floyd. Please!
            Ya right weve never seen you in Mayweather threads before. Your joking right? You probably have your Mayweather underroos on right now with the footies in them. Freakin queer lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              Mosley had a toothache and manny was scared of needles when floyd was undefeated. The ts asked what would happen if floyd had a loss. So I assume these guys wouldn't digure he was so good so they wouldn't make pathetic excuses not to fight.
              You pretty much came back with the same response as your previous post.

Mosley still fought Floyd when he was way out of prime, old and inactive ... so you fail again!!!!

Manny then said OK Floyd I will test as you wish .... so you fail again!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                Ya right weve never seen you in Mayweather threads before. Your joking right? You probably have your Mayweather underroos on right now with the footies in them. Freakin queer lol.
                clown. you cant prove anything you say.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Castillo gave him a tough fight in the rematch as well, it was just a much clearer win for Mayweather. It was still tough.
                  The rematch was closer than the first fight because Floyd moved too much.

There is not a very reasonable way to give Castillo the first fight. Floyd won the first 4 rounds, and was winning clearly before both point deductions. That's 6 points and a draw. The absolute best Castillo could hope for is a 6-5-1 close loss....and Mayweather won more than just those rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    he wouldn't have ducked as much as he did... trying to keep his 0
                    ^^^^^ This... We would of had him vs Williams, Cotto (prime) & maybes PAC along with Margarito. Thou I think Margarito scared him the most.

Comment

he would be broke...

Comment

Working...
                      X