If Arum puts Pacquiao in with a dangerous guy like Brandon Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

easy fight for pacquiao, wins it by stoppage, 9 rounds max

Comment

I mean, I understand that Pacman is in fact a legend & genuine great. But he's also older in boxing years & has quite frankly shown major drop offs to his game. Now add to that the fact that he was just brutally stopped, I simply don't see how so many can still pick him over a young, undefeated, just about prime fighter with heavy hands like Rios.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rios put him out again. All in allll the fight as of right now should be viewed as 50/50.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        we know he is using Pacquiao as a gatekeeper, if this is Pac's next opponent for April, Pacman will get knocked out pretty bad again. Bob Arum needs to transfer the draw power to Rios, he knows Pacman is already done and this fight is going to cause Pacman some serious brain damage, as slow as Margarito was and he was able to hit Pacman, Rios is faster than Margarito and more relentless.

Rios is a huge guy who drains himself just to make 140, he has power, and if he fights at 147 he won't have to cut too much weight helping his stamina and he has an iron chin.

Pacman will get hit hard in this fight, the only way he can win is if he can some how upset Rios and Arum's plan backfires like Roberto Duran did to Davey Moore which Arum also promoted.

The best fight to do is a rematch with Timothy Bradley, Marquez should just retire on cloud 9.

Pacman should rematch Bradley and than Arum should try to make the Mayweather fight and cash Pacman out in September to get whatever little money is left of that fight.

Rios is garbage. He isn't a danger to any elite or even A grade fighter. People rag on Canelo for being "overhyped." Canelo is an ATG compared to Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          I mean, I understand that Pacman is in fact a legend & genuine great. But he's also older in boxing years & has quite frankly shown major drop offs to his game. Now add to that the fact that he was just brutally stopped, I simply don't see how so many can still pick him over a young, undefeated, just about prime fighter with heavy hands like Rios.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rios put him out again. All in allll the fight as of right now should be viewed as 50/50.

Even after being brutally KO'd Pacman would cut Rios' face to pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
            easy fight for pacquiao, wins it by stoppage, 9 rounds max

That's being generous. I think he could do it in less than 6.

Comment

Pacquiao lights up Rios and gets him outta there.

Comment

Seriously Pac gets KO'd on a counter punch and all of a sudden Rios can beat him? Rios is not an elite or great fighter. He's okay at best. Pac should demolish him fairly easily and look good doing it. If this is his comeback fight it's a great choice.

Comment

@maniac

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                  Rios has the wrong style, you're not going to outwar Pacquiao... not unless you do it in a smart way like Morales.

Rios lacks the boxing IQ, technique, skills, footwork and style to beat Pacquiao. Add that ontop of his not so great defense and you have the perfect recipe for a brutal beating. It'll be the Margarito fight all over again but worse because Rios is smaller and has less boxing ability. His chin probably isn't as good either
                  Well said, and basically explains the main issue.

Manny will slaughter Rios. Period. Anybody who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. I'm a Rios fan, he has a fan friendly style. Manny kills him though.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingBanger View Post
                    Well said, and basically explains the main issue.

Manny will slaughter Rios. Period. Anybody who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. I'm a Rios fan, he has a fan friendly style. Manny kills him though.
                    So I guess I'm a fool.

Rios is faster, and more relentless than Margarito. And guess what Margarito as slow and flat footed as he is hit Manny Pacquiao the most of any of his opponents he fought at welterweight.

What do you think Rios would do?

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                      So I guess I'm a fool.

Rios is faster, and more relentless than Margarito. And guess what Margarito as slow and flat footed as he is hit Manny Pacquiao the most of any of his opponents he fought at welterweight.

What do you think Rios would do?
                      i think rios gets the hatton treatment and this is coming from a guy whom dont like pac

Comment

Working...
                      X