Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Rips Medical Claims: Eyes Two Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
    Those Neurologist were just trying to piggy back off Pac's name

Ethically what they did was completely wrong and should have there license to practice medicine revoked. A Doctor can get in trouble if he reveals something about his patient because there is doctor-patient confidentiality.

These doctors never even met Pac and were going by interviews on TV GTFOH

Pac saying he wants to fight twice next year and wants JMM 5 just proves that he ain't no b*tch, lets see if JMM is though
    They do this all of the time in the US. Every time there is a shooting there is a load of psychologists on TV talking about them as if they know them and throwing out diagnoses and motives even though they know as much about the case as everyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
      History will show that JMM fought Pac and Floyd when both those Prima Donna's made excuses to not fight each other. JMM will have that legacy, they will have the legacy of avoidance. No fanboys will be able to twist that.
      For once in my whole time on boxingscene reading your posts, I finally agree with this. Juan Manuel Marquez did what he had to do and that's why I keep telling people on here to give Marquez his props and stop talking about Mayweather because Floyd didn't beat Pacquiao. On top of that the fight is not going to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
        Jesus, will you take a moment to figure out what I'm saying before replying? Even if Pacquiao has a harder time with Mayweather than he does with Marquez, he still gives Mayweather a tougher fight than Marquez would. Do you understand yet or do I need to keep reading that you misunderstood my point? Stylistically Marquez matches up with Floyd horribly, and he gets wrecked. Simply because Pacquiao's style is different, he makes it a tougher fight for Floyd than Marquez can.

I'm not saying that he gives Mayweather a harder time than he gives Marquez, for ****'s sake. I'm saying he gives Mayweather a harder time than Marquez does if he fights Mayweather. Floyd may beat Manny more clearly than JMM ever did, that doesn't change what I'm saying. I'm saying Pacquiao does better than JMM did versus Floyd. How many more ways do I need to phrase this?

Styles make fights.
        You don't make any sense because if anything Manny would be easier for Mayweather then Manny was for Marquez considering what Freddie Roach said and how Mayweather is a bigger, faster counter puncher. How does Manny even compete? He can't even dodge a right hand and who has the best lead counter right hand? I don't know man. I'm trying to make sense of your analogy but it ain't making no sense. If styles make fights then Mayweather is a nightmare for Pacquiao.

Comment

• those 2 doctors can say their opinions...and that's still just their opinion they are trying to peddle. but telling pacman to retire...without a detailed med/physical check up...is absurd.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
            You don't make any sense because if anything Manny would be easier for Mayweather then Manny was for Marquez considering what Freddie Roach said and how Mayweather is a bigger, faster counter puncher. How does Manny even compete? He can't even dodge a right hand and who has the best lead counter right hand? I don't know man. I'm trying to make sense of your analogy but it ain't making no sense. If styles make fights then Mayweather is a nightmare for Pacquiao.
            You're absolutely right Marquez will never be able to do anything with mayweather cause he dosent attack that whole fight Marquez had to be the aggressor so to speak and manny would definitely give mayweather a harder time then Marquez cause he is an offensive fighter in no way do I believe he would win cause Floyd will counterpunch him into submission without a doubt don't know why these guys don't understand styles make fights

Comment

• some people who posted comments here are like those 2 absurd doctors. idiots draw their conclusions here on mere opinions...not on actual fights. hey, why not tell your coward idol to stop running? why not push your hero to fight pacman? LOL.

Comment

• I don't know what the big deal is, The doctor even said "That's my opinion" when I read the interview, People take things to heart too much.. He should focus on his vacation with his family not vacating with Koncz.

Comment

• one punch can change everything. it's just funny how idiots can run froid into victory...without actually fighting pacman. froid has to go thru pacman and back to claim victory...IF HE CAN. he can't redeem himself...unless he do it...win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by zdrx View Post
                    some people who posted comments here are like those 2 absurd doctors. idiots draw their conclusions here on mere opinions...not on actual fights. hey, why not tell your coward idol to stop running? why not push your hero to fight pacman? LOL.
                    If you're talkin about mayweather I don't know they both well up until the seventh of last month stood to make a lot of money the both of them but its a bad fight for pacquiao mayweather is the best counterpuncher in the game it would be ugly for him Floyd will counter him into submission

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                      You don't make any sense because if anything Manny would be easier for Mayweather then Manny was for Marquez considering what Freddie Roach said and how Mayweather is a bigger, faster counter puncher.
                      Dude, seriously, work on your reading comprehension. I don't see why I have to explain this basic concept over and over. This is ridiculous. I said in my last post that Mayweather could beat Manny more clearly than Marquez could beat Manny. That does not mean Manny doesn't give Mayweather a tougher fight than Marquez gave Mayweather.

You're replying to me as if I'm saying Manny has an easier time with Mayweather than he does with Marquez. No, god dammit. I'm saying Manny is a tougher opponent for Mayweather than Marquez is.

Marquez is a counter-puncher and Mayweather doesn't present enough opportunities for Marquez to capitalize. He's too slick, and he's too fast. He is sort of able to make it a case of "everything you can do I can do better". On the other hand, Manny's got a lot of speed and power, and he's not a counter-puncher. He's an aggressive, ambushing, in-and-out fighter. He can make it a tough, or "uncomfortable" fight for Mayweather, even if Floyd does beat Manny ultimately more clearly than Marquez ever did.

How does Manny even compete? He can't even dodge a right hand and who has the best lead counter right hand? I don't know man. I'm trying to make sense of your analogy but it ain't making no sense. If styles make fights then Mayweather is a nightmare for Pacquiao.
                      You're missing the very point I'm making. Apparently the idea of "styles make fights" is completely obscure and foreign to you. Even if Mayweather is a nightmare for Pacquiao, that doesn't change my point! That's what I'm trying to get through to you! I'm saying that for Mayweather, the easier fighter to beat is Marquez. It's a matter of styles.

Let me spell it out even further. Let's say that in a hypothetical universe,
                      1. Marquez always beats Pacquiao 8 rounds to 4.
                      2. Mayweather always beats Marquez 11 rounds to 1 (or 12-0, you get the picture).
                      3. Mayweather always beats Pacquiao 10 rounds to 2.

As you can see, this is the type of scenario I'm describing. Mayweather does beat Pacquiao more clearly than Marquez does (10 rounds won instead of 8 for Marquez over Pacquiao), but he doesn't win as many rounds against Manny as he does against Marquez because of the style matchup.

Get it now?
                      Last edited by samouraï; 01-05-2013, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X