No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Rips Medical Claims: Eyes Two Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
    Sorry, Floyd does not agree with you because it is public knowledge that Pac accepted WADA/USADA testing and that is why Floyd called Pac because testing was agreed to, except the money and Floyd would NOT have offered Pac 45/55 no PPV if Pac had not agreed to the tests.
    But don't you remember when Manny said giving blood made him weak for three days. And Freddie Roach said he could not take off three days in the middle of training so no blood tests within 24 days of the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
      I think you are wrong. I have always maintained that Pac would be a easy fight for Floyd. Pac's style is simply tailor made for Floyd.

Pac often lunges in and when he does either he crosses his feet or his head gets in front of his lead foot. Both are boxing no-nos. This a trait Pac has carried over from his kick-boxing days.

It took JMM three fights to figure out how to take advantage of this weakness. And he did it by going against conventional wisdom.

It is always said that to defeat a southpaw, you must always keep your lead foot on the inside his your opponents lead foot. JMM did so a lot of the time. And when he did, he threw jabs and left hooks.

However, JMM also put his lead foot on the outside of Pac's lead foot and did so when Pac was lunging in. When he was that position, JMM launched the overhand right. Manny was coming in face-first with his feet crossed and got caught on the button. If you look at the video, on both the knock down and the knock out, JMM's lead foot was outside of Manny's lead foot. Many just walked into, or should I say, lunged into the punch.

Floyd would do the same thing, but a lot better. He would let Manny come in. Then, when Floyd's lead foot would be on the inside, he would roll his shoulder and catch Manny with jabs and hooks. When he would get his foot on the outside, he would just let Manny lunge into the punches, particularly the overhand right. Floyd's overhand right is faster and more powerful than JMM.

Manny would never catch Floyd with a clean punch and Floyd would pick Manny apart. That's the way I see it going down.
      The fight ain't gonna happen, unfortunately, so we can't put my prediction up against yours. I would gladly do so, though. I think Floyd ultimately wins the fight, but he doesn't have an easy time with Manny nor does he stop him.

Hatton got knocked out because he literally walked face first into Floyd. Manny's got better footwork and head movement and while he does get himself out of position, I don't think Floyd has the KO power to stop Manny. I didn't even think JMM did until IV, and JMM has made Manny eat some major league **** in the past.

Comment

But don't you remember when Manny said giving blood made him weak.
        Dont you remember when Pac agreed to USADA/WADA testing??? That is why Floyd called him on the phone.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
          Dont you remember when Pac agreed to USADA/WADA testing??? That is why Floyd called him on the phone.
          But then Pac needed time for that cut heal and Bob needed time to build that stadium. Then Manny agreed to the 55-45 split, but then he didn't.

Comment

• History will show that JMM fought Pac and Floyd when both those Prima Donna's made excuses to not fight each other. JMM will have that legacy, they will have the legacy of avoidance. No fanboys will be able to twist that.

Comment

But then Pac needed time for that cut heal and Bob needed time to build that stadium. Then Manny agreed to the 55-45 split, but then he didn't.
              Pac didn't agree to no PPV and Floyd should have common sense to know that fighters cant negotiate without their management present for split details. Dont kid youself into thinking both guys have not thrown up obstakles.
              Last edited by richardt; 01-05-2013, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• Folks always gonna pop up to kick you while you're down.

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
                  Apparently you don't know how to read. I said Pacquiao would trouble Mayweather more than Marquez would trouble Mayweather. Freddie Roach saying Pacquiao would also have greater trouble with Mayweather than he does with Marquez doesn't change my point whatsoever.

Apparently you're a boxing fan that still doesn't understand the concept of styles make fights.
                  ??? Apparently you cannot read. Roach said Mayweather style is more complicated than Marquez because he is a bigger, faster counter puncher. Roach has been saying this since 2009. You have your opinion but if Floyd is a bigger, faster counter puncher then how does it make sense that Pacquiao gives Mayweather a harder time when he has problems with counter punchers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    That didnt work out too good all he got was apology that was not an apology , but it did allow him to avoid the Floyd fight so I suppose he was happy with that .
                    no. floyd got separated from his millions. floid failed to appear for his deposition, and that was his downfall. so pacman's lawyer asked for default judgement... but the court refused and chose to go thru the full course of the case.

suddenly, there were rumors froid failed his drug tests on 3 occasions...and pacman's legal team took advantage of it. pacman's lawyer demanded froid's medical and drug tests records be submitted to court, but USADA refused. with that kind of position...they would have buried themselves further, if they chose to fight.

cornered, floid's team then threw in the towel and opted to negotiate for out of court settlement. settlements with confidentiality clause...are not cheap. hush money doesn't come in cents...if you know what i mean

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                      ??? Apparently you cannot read. Roach said Mayweather style is more complicated than Marquez because he is a bigger, faster counter puncher. Roach has been saying this since 2009. You have your opinion but if Floyd is a bigger, faster counter puncher then how does it make sense that Pacquiao gives Mayweather a harder time when he has problems with counter punchers?
                      Jesus, will you take a moment to figure out what I'm saying before replying? Even if Pacquiao has a harder time with Mayweather than he does with Marquez, he still gives Mayweather a tougher fight than Marquez would. Do you understand yet or do I need to keep reading that you misunderstood my point? Stylistically Marquez matches up with Floyd horribly, and he gets wrecked. Simply because Pacquiao's style is different, he makes it a tougher fight for Floyd than Marquez can.

I'm not saying that he gives Mayweather a harder time than he gives Marquez, for ****'s sake. I'm saying he gives Mayweather a harder time than Marquez does if he fights Mayweather. Floyd may beat Manny more clearly than JMM ever did, that doesn't change what I'm saying. I'm saying Pacquiao does better than JMM did versus Floyd. How many more ways do I need to phrase this?

Styles make fights.
                      Last edited by samouraļ; 01-05-2013, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X