Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leo Santa Cruz fought 5 times in 2012 why wasn't he Fighter of the Year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
    Santa Cruz could only qualify for prospect of the year.
    This. His caliber of opposition is not close to FOTY.

Comment

Joel Diaz and Leo Santa Cruz fought 5 times last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mato o Muero View Post
        Is it because he's Mexican? I thought FOTY is all about how many times you fight now? Doesn't matter who you beat anymore. So why wasn't Santa Cruz FOTY? I'm confused.
        You know what, after reading all these insecure threads today... **** it. Yeah its because he's mexican and the powers that be are all out to get mexican fighters. It's a world wide conspiracy. It's a fact that Filipinos are loved world wide and everyone has the utmost respect for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mato o Muero View Post
          Is it because he's Mexican? I thought FOTY is all about how many times you fight now? Doesn't matter who you beat anymore. So why wasn't Santa Cruz FOTY? I'm confused.
          quality of opponents

Comment

because HBO isn't invested in Santa Cruz and robbing Marquez to give the award to another Mexican they're not invested in doesn't make sense

Comment

This isn't exactly an acceptable point of view on FOTY. On the other hand it is strange that the country that pumps out so many champions are the least represented in mainstream boxing as far as commentating and things of that nature. I'm sure its not because they aren't interested. HBO and SHOWTIME need to make a better effort to spotlight Mexicans considering that they kept boxing afloat through some tough years for boxing.

Comment

Working...
              X