Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guerrero vs Berto a tainted win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's absolutely zero reason to have a rematch. There was nothing close about this fight. Its not like Ortiz-Berto, where Berto had a couple great moments that make people remember that fight as closer than it was.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
        Yeah cause they both held each other during that first KD and that nullifies getting beat up for 12 rounds and warrants a rematch.
        why would it be fight of the year candidate if it was 12 rounds of Berto getting beat up?

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
          Man first off you cannot thumb a fighter in boxing anymore, the gloves thumb is set with what are called thumb locks, it doesn't allow you to move your thumbs, and the padding is large enough as to not injure the eye.

Secondly Berto fought as well as he ever did, it's just that he is a C class fighter and was beaten by a better opponent, 10/10 times Guerrero will beat him..
          I don't know about that. Berto's eye swelled VERY FAST. His other eye took longer to swell up like that. And Guerrero's eye took rooounds before it was shut too. Berto's eye swelled up so fast that even the commenters were stunned and said it had to be from a thumb. And I agree.

I think Guerrero would beat Berto, but it would have been way closer if the fight had been controlled properly by the ref through point deductions.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            why would it be fight of the year candidate if it was 12 rounds of Berto getting beat up?
            it's not a foty candidate to most people, cause berto the drug cheater clinched way too often even to the point where his corner told him to stop clinching.

it's funny how people still defend them

Comment

I hope Guerrero gets the Mayweather fight.
              Mark my words:

Guerrero will not be allowed to do any of the illegal tactics on Floyd?
              Why You ask?

First Floyd is too good to allow it but even if The ghost tries it, Floyd is too high profile and the ref will give quick warnings, possible point deductions, and maybe even disqualify...Watch!

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                Yeah cause they both held each other during that first KD and that nullifies getting beat up for 12 rounds and warrants a rematch.
                Yea because 1 kd and inability to finish after your opponent gets exhausted from beating you up nullifies getting shut out and exposed and warrants a rematch.

Another example of double standards quotes from the "realest mfker on this forum".

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  THANK YOU!

People need to wake up.

Comment

I usually don't respond in threads in which a dim-whited TS makes a ****** statement, then attacks everyone who doesn't agree, but I loved this fight so here's my take. If the ref was a more known and respected guy like Smoger, would it have gone any differently? No. People see someone they can tear down and use that as an excuse. Both fought dirty but it enhanced, rather than took away from the fight. It would have been a clinch-fest had they not been forced to fight their way through it. If Berto didn't like being hit while held, then he should have put his energy into body movement and not clutching onto Guerrero's other arm.

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
                      I hope Guerrero gets the Mayweather fight.
                      Mark my words:

Guerrero will not be allowed to do any of the illegal tactics on Floyd?
                      Why You ask?

First Floyd is too good to allow it but even if The ghost tries it, Floyd is too high profile and the ref will give quick warnings, possible point deductions, and maybe even disqualify...Watch!
                      He was fighting inside...
                      Far as I'm aware it was Guerrero who was moving up in weight why was Berto simply allowing himself to be absolutely bullied and dominated the whole entire fight?
                      Further more Berto just doesn't have much heart when someone comes for a war he is going to go into a defensive shell and just look for one big punch that was never coming for him.

As for Floyd nobody beats him at the moment I doubt... Be good to see Floyd get roughed up though Guerrero is a man with alot of desire in him so can't fully write him off.

Comment

Working...
                      X