Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ascension of ATG Lineage from 1960 to present

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm actually not even black but have great respect for their history. Ike Williams, Henry Armstrong and Ezzard Charles ARE the super champs of the last 100 years. Archie Moore, Whitaker and Roy Jones are up there as well.

Hopkins deserves a mention, as does Mike Spinks and Evander Holyfield. Great champions.
    great post..I have much love for my hispanic fighters as well..just feel like repping my own today...I need to research Ike williams I wonder if they have any footage...

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
      why does it have to be "black" and not simply American fighters
      that's what i be saying, but thats how people talk in the U.S and around in boxing..thats why in another thread i asked does RIGONDEAUX qualifies as black although he isnt an american. The **** baffles me.

Comment

yes, there's a lot of blacks in poverty so they made good boxers.
        here we go..they just werent talented enough on their own, their poverty made them great legends

Comment

Originally posted by Brandish View Post
          great post..I have much love for my hispanic fighters as well..just feel like repping my own today...I need to research Ike williams I wonder if they have any footage...
          do you claim other blacks as yours? Or a certain stable of blacks?. IJS cause the last time i checked blacks are in majority countries in all the americas

Comment

that's what i be saying, but thats how people talk in the U.S and around in boxing..thats why in another thread i asked does RIGONDEAUX qualifies as black although he isnt an american. The **** baffles me.
            black is a dumb word to use to describe us but look were we are..even african american falls short since many black americans were indigenious to America (something they love to hide)..so rigs is black cuban, afro cuban, african cuban, or just plain indigenious cuban...I use them all interchangeably depending on the intellect of the person I'm conversing with.

Comment

do you claim other blacks as yours? Or a certain stable of blacks?. IJS cause the last time i checked blacks are in majority countries in all the americas
              I claim them all..from canada to brazil.. all the way to africa.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                yes, there's a lot of blacks in poverty so they made good boxers.
                jon jones is from the burbs

Comment

Check Ike's fight with Beau Jack. The KO was one of the worst I've seen.

Comment

I claim them all..from canada to brazil.. all the way to africa.
                    Sam Langford

Comment

go back and read my post..

1. Broner,
                      2. Ward
                      3. Bardley
                      my bad as i was typing i was trying to think who the person i was missing was just thought i didnt see ward should have check and avoided looking like an idiot

Comment

Working...
                      X