Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BScene’s 2012 Year End Awards: Robbery Of the Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rios abril was no robbery, i wasnt impressed by abril weak punches, i had it a draw

Comment

And dont pull out the hater card clowns.

I think Pac deserves way more credit than he got following that fight, because I thought Bradley would beat the p1ss out of him.

Bradley was the first live dog Pac had fought for years, he wasnt disadvantaged either contractually or on the scales, although 140 would have been interesting.

Aside from the Top Rank smoke-and-mirror hype, Pac's last 2 fights have showed exactly where he is at..... above Bradley, and below Marquez, just like many boxing insiders have been saying for a long time.

Mentioning Pac alongside Mayweather is absurd, Floyd is clearly on a different level..... again, just like many boxing insiders have been saying for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by stretchedout View Post
        Pacquiao got out-worked and out-hustled. If Manny made that fight closer than it needed to be, then the fault lies with him.

Why should Pacquiao get credit for only fighting the last minute of every round and allowing himself to be out-hustled?

Why should Pacquiao get credit for missing wildly? Compubox recorded everything he threw including punches that clearly missed.

Why should Pacquiao get credit for unnecessarily expending energy? That is why he faded down the stretch.

Why should Pacquiao get credit for providing opportunities for his opponents? We saw what happened when he tried that with Marquez, but against Bradley it was a successful strategy? Not.

That was a very close fight, like most predicted, Rios/Abril was not.
        Bradley got made to look nothing like himself in that fight. He was shook early, and it had a lasting effect.

We shouldn't concern ourselves with these little anomalies who think "it was close".

Comment

Cloud / Campillo was the only "robbery" I see on that list.

Comment

What an interesting year for Pacquiao. KO of the year. Fight of the Year and now Robbery of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by royjonesjrKTFO View Post
              Cloud / Campillo was the only "robbery" I see on that list.
              You're lucky you missed Pac Bradley and Abril Rios, they were even worse. Campillo won no doubt, but put himself in the hole with the 2kds

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
                rios abril was no robbery, i wasnt impressed by abril weak punches, i had it a draw

That fight was a horrible robbery all around. Rios didn't even make the weight yet he still got badly outboxed.

Comment

Pac and Bradley was no robbery and even if it was....it was NOT the biggest robbery of the year. Abril vs Rios just to mention one was bigger.

Comment

referee Pat Russell always get away with robbery....dude made a few calls that has robbed boxing fans of a few classic moments...his call last year in Hopkins-Dawson I and this year he didn't allow Mike Alvarado a chance to warrior it up and continue...a classic was definitely brewing in that one, but old Pat and his authority trip...smh

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
                      what you should sense is someone sick and tired of repeating himself.
                      It's gonna be alright, this website is nothing but repetition, don't take it to the heart.

Comment

Working...
                      X