No announcement yet.

HOF/ATG Poll: Pac ahead of Floyd for ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
    Floyd has not beaten anyone in the top 100 all time greats in his prime.

FACT.

Is that better for you?

If you want to talk strictly resume then no Marquez is not better, in my heart he is because I consider him 3-0-1 against Pacquiao but that's in my heart not on paper.

The subject isn't Marquez though, the subject is Pacquiao over Floyd and there is no debate who the greater fighter is currently. Wins over Guerrero, Canelo, Berto, etc won't change that. Even a win over Martinez is highly debatable.

Pacquiao > Floyd

It's a tough pill to swallow for you I'm sure, but it's the truth.
    Soooo, let me ask you this, and you should know where this is going.
    Who has Pac beat that puts him so much ahead???
    and before you try to deflect; I would have to say Floyd's inactivity does hurt him.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2todabody View Post
      Soooo, let me ask you this, and you should know where this is going.
      Who has Pac beat that puts him so much ahead???
      and before you try to deflect; I would have to say Floyd's inactivity does hurt him.
      He has beat a trio of great mexicans for starters. He has put it on the line month after month almost, year after year. For almosst 8 years steamrolling everything inhis path.

with his short stature and reach has moved up weight and ko;ed tough son of guns. The blueprint to beat pac has been to run from him and not takee any chances.

No one has been able to dictate to Pac as he has been to overwhelming, onlly react to what Pac did, and hope for the best.

Comment

• Pacquiao isn't and never was in the same league as Mayweather.

In this generation, it's Floyd Mayweather Jr. and then there's everybody else.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          He has beat a trio of great mexicans for starters. He has put it on the line month after month almost, year after year. For almosst 8 years steamrolling everything inhis path.

with his short stature and reach has moved up weight and ko;ed tough son of guns. The blueprint to beat pac has been to run from him and not takee any chances.

No one has been able to dictate to Pac as he has been to overwhelming, onlly react to what Pac did, and hope for the best.
          Beating 3 "mexicans" as you put it doesn't make for ATG. Although good wins, all good fighters have beat other good fighters. And yes you gotta love that he goes out and fights, but you can't let your love of Pac cloud boxing common sense. Most of these supposed great wins for pac are people that Mayweather beat as well, most before Pac, and the rest without catchweights.
          You don't want to admit it but Pac's opponents have been "picked to suit his style just like Mayweather does.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2todabody View Post
            Beating 3 "mexicans" as you put it doesn't make for ATG. Although good wins, all good fighters have beat other good fighters. And yes you gotta love that he goes out and fights, but you can't let your love of Pac cloud boxing common sense. Most of these supposed great wins for pac are people that Mayweather beat as well, most before Pac, and the rest without catchweights.
            You don't want to admit it but Pac's opponents have been "picked to suit his style just like Mayweather does.
            Morales and barrera were great fighters not were not picked to suit his style. JMM supposedly doesnt fit pacs sstyle yet Pac still beat him 3 times if not for error on scorecards.
            pac has beat everyone floyd has beat and then some, and he fights with is a neccesary part of being a great

Not all counterpuunchers are going to give pac problems. Some tried to like miguel for a round or two and had a little success but still lost.
            Last edited by hugh grant; 01-05-2013, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Morales and barrera were great fighters not were not picked to suit his style. JMM supposedly doesnt fit pacs sstyle yet Pac still beat him 3 times if not for error on scorecards.
              pac has beat everyone floyd has beat and then some, and he fights with is a neccesary part of being a great

Not all counterpuunchers are going to give pac problems.
              Of course they were. Man dude why are you so desperate to try an elevate manny. He got ktfo by an opponent that the majority of boxing media think beat him at least twice and possibly 3 times before the ko. Manny just isn't as great as you thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                Of course they were. Man dude why are you so desperate to try an elevate manny. He got ktfo by an opponent that the majority of boxing media think beat him at least twice and possibly 3 times before the ko. Manny just isn't as great as you thought.
                You won't get him to admit that, me and you both know that the only reason we had 4, and now maybe a 5th fight is because Pac and Roach don't really feel they won 2 of those fights and the 3rd fight for sure, and I can give Pac credit for trying to prove it to himself.
                But this guy wants to overlook the catchweights, and all these Top Rank fighters..let me repeat Top Rank fighters.
                Its cool to have luv for Pac, but give Mayweather his due for what he has done as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  . Man dude why are you so desperate to try an elevate manny. He got ktfo by an opponent that the majority of boxing media think beat him at least twice and possibly 3 times before the ko. Manny just isn't as great as you thought.
                  Why do pac haters mention JMM as if Pac has had difficulty with 4 different opponents, and that JMM counts for 4 men? That is still one boxer!

Pac is as great as people think, even having one krptonite opponent. Most greats have lost to someone that shouldnt tie their laces. JMm is not a bum let me reiterate that.

AND why keep saying Pac got ktfo as if kos mean more now. So floyd never kos anyone so that muust mean floyd is trash then i guess. Making it sound like JMM koing Pac is something special. It is but considering Pac was going for the ko like madman perspective is needed but perspective isnt going to be found on you thats a certainty.

Comment

Why do pac haters mention JMM as if Pac has had difficulty with 4 different opponents, and that JMM counts for 4 men? That is still one boxer!

Pac is as great as people think, even having one krptonite opponent. Most greats have lost to someone that shouldnt tie their laces. JMm is not a bum let me reiterate that.

AND why keep saying Pac got ktfo as if kos mean more now. So floyd never kos anyone so that muust mean floyd is trash then i guess. Making it sound like JMM koing Pac is something special. It is but considering Pac was going for the ko like madman perspective is needed but perspective isnt going to be found on you thats a certainty.
                    Interesting. So manny lost to an inferior opponent. Floyd never loses to inferior opponents which according to you is all he fights. So that would then make floyd the better fighter right?

Anyway you cut it dude manny got embarassed. Just accept it that he is inferior to an elite boxer/counter punchers because he never took the time to learn defense sand proper balance.of course when you fight mostly come forward. Punchers you don't need those skill.

Comment

• Look, thats the problem! You got it from both sides, Your a Pac fan correct? Me I luv boxing, people are gonna troll to get a rise. My thing is you have to realise Pac is good but, this resume is padded just like Mayweathers. I don't know if your one of the blind Pac fans that will say stupid $h!t, like Mayweather fights old fighters, when he fought De La Hoya a year before Pac, AND at Oscars actaul weight of 154, (yeah because he had to. Oscar was the golden ticket then). He fought Cotto after Pac, but at Cotto's current weight of 154, when Pac didn't want anything to do with Cotto at 154. I don't even discuss all that ducking bull****, because no one really knows whats going behind the scenes.
                      IMO they both are first ballot HFO's no matter what

Comment

Working...
                      X