Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More disastrous cherry pick? Pacman/Oscar or Pacman/Marquez.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    1. Pac fights on a TR show > Pac gets paid by Arum
    2. Pac takes a lump sum to fight on another promoter's show > Pac gets to pay Arum

The apples to apples comparison is 26-28m he made vs JMM, Bradley vs 29m he'd have made if he took Floyd's offer. Worst deal ever.
    Ok. thats a fair point. i don't see why he loses $11 mil. But i still think thats on Manny. He can buy his deal out. To keep allowing bob to make so much off him is mind boggling.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      First off, we don't know if Floyd's offer meant Golden Boy and Floyd would promote the fight or if it would be co-promoted by Top Rank. Quite obviously the former legally wouldn't be possible
      I think clearly it wasn't gonna be a copromotion. It's not legally impossible for Pac to fight on another promoters card, but Arum would have to get a satisfactory cut. Pac certainly couldn't do that without his promoters clearance, we recently saw that with Rigo and Hyde.

Comment

I think clearly it wasn't gonna be a copromotion. It's not legally impossible for Pac to fight on another promoters card, but Arum would have to get a satisfactory cut. Pac certainly couldn't do that without his promoters clearance, we recently saw that with Rigo and Hyde.
        We know with 100% certainty there is no way in hell bob arum would simply allow Golden Boy to promote Pacquiao in the richest fight in history. Absolutely zero chance.

Comment

You literally have no idea how contracts work do you?

First off, we don't know if Floyd's offer meant Golden Boy and Floyd would promote the fight or if it would be co-promoted by Top Rank. Quite obviously the former legally wouldn't be possible and the latter would be a joke. Lets say in this fantasy world some how Top Rank would allow this offer. With the millions of dollars that goes into promoting a fight,the venue, etc etc etc out of that $40 million pac would have made LESS than what he fights for. But again legally none of this would fly.
          You didn't ask about contracts you asked how would the money get in his account, which I answered.

As fo the contract, the possibiltiy exists that Manny could make Less. But that is a function of his deal and suggests he shouldn't be working with TR or should buy out his contract.

other than the mutual hatred, legally, there is no reason why couldn't tr and GBP co promote. I'll assume floyd and GBP would handle it but I cant see Bob letting that happen. If so, what exspenses would Pac incur as far as promotion?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            Ok. thats a fair point. i don't see why he loses $11 mil. But i still think thats on Manny. He can buy his deal out. To keep allowing bob to make so much off him is mind boggling.
            It's because when TR promotes a show, Pac gets a solid wage but a lot is left on the table for Arum. I'd guess usually well more than 27%, but it's variable, depends how the ppv does. A successful Pac ppv yields at least 40m for Pac and TR to split.

It's not the best deal, but could be a lot worse, see anyone but Floyd. And Pac never had interest in the promoter thing.

Comment

We know with 100% certainty there is no way in hell bob arum would simply allow Golden Boy to promote Pacquiao in the richest fight in history. Absolutely zero chance.
              I guess I cant argue with this.

Comment

I don't think so either, but a 60m (lets say) offer might make him think twice. As it is, TR/Pac's pot for Pac vs JMM is probably bigger than 40m

Comment

I don't think so either, but a 60m (lets say) offer might make him think twice. As it is, TR/Pac's pot for Pac vs JMM is probably bigger than 40m
                  Nope, no amount of money would make him think twice as it goes much deeper than money in regards to Arums beef with GB.

Comment

if so, why for manny to only reap $28 mil is ridiculous. Why in the hell did he resign with TR?

Comment

Remember lads out of the 28m he made for Marquez,he still has to pay Arum his 28% plus Roach and the rest of his team
                      He is lucky to make 15m for himself
                      Now they have admitted that Floyds offer of 40m would have ending up making them around 50m on the back end,however that works
                      So after Arum and his team get his money,he would make close to 30m
                      Even if this fight sold 2m Floyd would probably get around 50m,with more add on's
                      Floyds offer sounds worse than it is and eliminates the risk for Manny when it comes to ppv numbers
                      Wether you think it's fair or not tho,its pretty obvious Arum has been scamming Pacquiao for years

Comment

Working...
                      X