Schaefer says he doesn't think Canelo-Trout will happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Okay.

You're Canelo's promoter, he's going to fight September 15th 2012.

Let's see who's available:

Floyd Mayweather Jr? Turned down Canelo,wanted a vacation.
    Miguel Cotto? Turned down Canelo as well, said he needed a vacation.
    Paul Williams? Nope, out of boxing forever.
    James Kirkland? Injured.
    Victor Ortiz? Beaten by Josesito Lopez.
    Lara? Martirosyan? They had a fight scheduled.
    Carlos Molina? He just fought the month prior.

The podium is all yours, give us Canelo's next opponent for September 15th 2012.
    Are you seriously telling me that a 140lber who JUST moved up to 147 was legit the only opponent the 2nd biggest boxing promotional company could get a hold of?

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      Canelo Alvarez vs Gabriel Rosado live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena for the WBC junior middleweight championship of the world. A proven 154 pound figher and would have taken short money any time this fight was offered to him. A P4P level win? No, but much better than facing Josesito Lopez at 154, that's for damn sure. He could've fought better fighters, but he didn't. That's on him.
      I'll take Trout & K-9 for the win. Both calling him out after scoring wins a few months earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        I'll take Trout & K-9 for the win. Both calling him out after scoring wins a few months earlier.
        But I assume Trout was in discussions with Cotto already and was not an option. And I think K9 was in between promoters at the time, even if he wasn't, I think Rosado was a better opponent for Canelo.

Comment

But I assume Trout was in discussions with Cotto already and was not an option. And I think K9 was in between promoters at the time, even if he wasn't, I think Rosado was a better opponent for Canelo.
          What about that Russian Champ?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Okay.

You're Canelo's promoter, he's going to fight September 15th 2012.

Let's see who's available:

Floyd Mayweather Jr? Turned down Canelo,wanted a vacation.
            Miguel Cotto? Turned down Canelo as well, said he needed a vacation.
            Paul Williams? Nope, out of boxing forever.
            James Kirkland? Injured.
            Victor Ortiz? Beaten by Josesito Lopez.
            Lara? Martirosyan? They had a fight scheduled.
            Carlos Molina? He just fought the month prior.

The podium is all yours, give us Canelo's next opponent for September 15th 2012.
            Vanes and lara had nothing scheduled....
            Carlos molina will take the fight in a heart beat

Comment

Negative bro. Both were available & both called him out. Those are just 2 more, of the many available jr middleweights that ginger ducked for Josesito.
              Last edited by Bushbaby; 01-02-2013, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Good. I'm glad to see fighters take the Floyd route. Low risk/high reward.

Look at where the sport is now, ppvs in the millions. How can that business model be wrong? The only way to improve it is to fight once every two years instead of once a year. Builds up more anticipation to see the star fighter and puts more money in his pocket!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
                  What about that Russian Champ?
                  Explain please. I'm confused.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
                    Good. I'm glad to see fighters take the Floyd route. Low risk/high reward.

Look at where the sport is now, ppvs in the millions. How can that business model be wrong? The only way to improve it is to fight once every two years instead of once a year. Builds up more anticipation to see the star fighter and puts more money in his pocket!!!!
                    I agree & while we get it dry, we should insist on no lube.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      Negative bro. Both were available & both called him. Those are just to more, of the many available jr middleweights that ginger ducked for Josesito.
                      Then Trout was the best opponent for him on September 15th. Either way, he never takes legit challenges and his fans need to quit giving him credit for fights he "tried" to make.

Comment

Working...
                      X