Comments Thread For: Donaire Will Ask Rigondeaux To Do Random Drug Tests

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here's my problem with the request:
    http://www.boxingscene.com/donaire-i...ght-him--54477

as others posted at the time, it's easy for him to say that cuz if his opponent fails they won't be allowed to fight anyways so it's an empty promise to say he'll still fight them. now if rigo refuses or fails but is somehow still allowed to fight and he still fights him, then I have no problem. but that's not what this sounds like.

it also looks weak when he's always said he doesn't want to fight rigo cuz rigo hadn't earned the shot. well, rigo hasn't done anything big since he said that so that statement should still apply. however, he's now suddenly willing to fight rigo but throws a random stipulation in there that was never required for any of his previous opponents. this just looks weak.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
      he has no connection with VADA other than having given margaret goodman some knowledge about PEDs...she explains it in this interview:

http://www.boxingscene.com/vada-inte...es-role--56816

plus VADA caught berto (who at the time was working with Conte) for small trace amounts of a steroid..so if conte was running VADA then wouldn't they have tried to hid that under the rug somehow to prevent conte from looking bad.
      Obviously you're unaware of what the term consultant means in a professional context.

Comment

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
        Donaire is doing year-round testing. Floyd the Martin Luther King of the sport's cleanliness is not doing it. I wonder why.
        How can you down talk Floyd and Manny refused even his form of testing?you cant be serious

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
          How can you down talk Floyd and Manny refused even his form of testing?you cant be serious
          They had to watch animal services scrape their hero off the canvas like a roadkill, they're so anally devastated they'll do/say anything at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by heihaci
            Is Rigo working with Memo?
            Why does it matter? Arce works with Memo and has been confirmed. I didn't see Donaire asking for extra testing from Arce. Donaire is *****ing out and don't be surprised if this fight doesnt happen. I'm not expecting it to anyway.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              Why does it matter? Arce works with Memo and has been confirmed. I didn't see Donaire asking for extra testing from Arce. Donaire is *****ing out and don't be surprised if this fight doesnt happen. I'm not expecting it to anyway.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
              weren't you accusing of JMM of Roiding too? lol oh but now that overrated ass rigo hired memo everything is okay........bum ass cuban fans
              Last edited by MVOLT; 01-02-2013, 04:02 PM.

Comment

So what? again any normal boxing fan wouldnt have a problem with this, I knew this would be the norm soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  Obviously you're unaware of what the term consultant means in a professional context.
                  but it's not HIS organization like you mentioned in your comment...VADA is a completely independent organization.
                  Dr. Goodman spent those eighteen months educating herself on the subject of PEDs by talking to experts in the field.

“In my investigations, I spoke to many people,” Dr. Goodman explained. “I spoke with Travis Tygart, President of USADA, who has done an amazing job in making the public face this issue. Don Catlin considered by many as the father of anti-doping has been extremely helpful. I have spoken with conditioning experts, promoters like Lou DiBella--a huge anti-doping advocate, trainers and fighters. However you wish to look at it, few, if anyone, understand the problem like Victor Conte. People in MMA and boxing can remain blind, inadequately protect the athletes that need their help, or they can learn how to find the cheaters and lessen the health risks. Conte was very helpful in educating me on PED use and performance enhancing methods.”

However, Goodman was quick to point out that while Conte has been supportive of VADA, this is an independent group. To Dr. Goodman, in order to survive, the cornerstone of VADA must be its independent nature. Commissions with elected officials can be corrupted or swayed by personal relationships. For the testing to positively affect the sport and remain pure, it must be run by those outside the sport free of conflict of interest.

“No promoters, trainers or conditioning experts, commissions, sanctioning bodies have any influence or role over VADA and how VADA operates,” Dr. Goodman stated firmly. “That is what makes it work---we are independent of everyone except our own panel of experts listed on our website. Trust me, after working in boxing and MMA for so many years, I can’t begin to tell you how many, including politicians want to influence and control commissions. Often these folks are successful.”
                  http://www.maxboxing.com/news/max-bo...ean-up-boxing-

conte is just a strong advocate of what margaret goodman and VADA is doing...

Comment

No complaint from me. Donaire does it, therefore he has a right to ask in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
                      This is a pretty telling comment on what Donaire thinks of Rigondeaux.

Rigo's not moving up in weight or anything like that, and is not the first Heredia opponent he would be facing and yet Donaire singles him out for Random testing?

Kind of a dumb statement. I don't see this request getting in the way of the fight, but it sure does expose what Donaire thinks of Rigo's skills.
                      I liked this comment.

Comment

Working...
                      X