Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the heavyweight division get so much crap?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They haven't reached out to the world!! The Vegas scene is a big draw for boxing where are they??? Have they fought on other continents, how often do they actually fight?? One of them got blasted in Vegas (I think) but the Americans gave him props for standing in and giving an effort!! Where did he go after that?? If his county was to be the "new" geographic boxing headquarters where are all the shows emunating from it?? Theres alot missing from their promotion, to bad they didn't sign "short term"(3 years) with King they would have made alot more money (him too hahahaha) but they would have gotten one hell of an education on how and where to promote!!! Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      They haven't reached out to the world!! The Vegas scene is a big draw for boxing where are they??? Have they fought on other continents, how often do they actually fight?? One of them got blasted in Vegas (I think) but the Americans gave him props for standing in and giving an effort!! Where did he go after that?? If his county was to be the "new" geographic boxing headquarters where are all the shows emunating from it?? Theres alot missing from their promotion, to bad they didn't sign "short term"(3 years) with King they would have made alot more money (him too hahahaha) but they would have gotten one hell of an education on how and where to promote!!! Ray
      Youre right, and i wrote in a thread yesterday saying that boxing missed Don Kings ambition in promoting his fighters overseas... but how much did that happen outside of King?

The Klitschkos would be a hell of a lot more popular globally if they were American in the 50's-00's. As it is they are just crazy popular in Eastern Europe, and much less so everywhere else. But hey they are ridiculously rich so im sure they aren't complaining.

Comment

Look at Klitschko-Ibragimov that's when they got booed out at the mecca of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          All of these fighters fight in America against American or Mexican opponents so they get way more exposure in the states than the K-bros do. Bad comparison.
          Klitschko's used to fight in America, what happened? They couldn't draw flies to **** because they are boring as FUCK

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            But Marquez, Pacquiao and Martinez are not heavyweights.

There have always been great fighters from other countries in the smaller divisions (Duran, Monzon, etc).

The truth is: some people feel the heavyweight champion should be an African-American, or at least a black man. That's just the way it is. That's why some narrow-minded older men hate the Klitschkos.
            But Marquez, Pacquiao and Martinez are not boring as ****

The truth is: some people feel that boring fighters are boring and nobody wants to watch boring fighters. That's just the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
              Klitschko's used to fight in America, what happened? They couldn't draw flies to **** because they are boring as FUCK
              The Klitschkos are 6"7, built like brick ****houses, ko a massive amount of their opponents, they run charities, are excellent in interviews and are crazy marketable in terms of sponserships. If they were born and bred in America they would be huge, esp in America but also around the world because of the influence American culture has on the rest of the world (even if that influence is waning slightly). Mayweather has been boring most of his career (from casual fan perspective), how is he doing?

This is all speculation obviously but thats how i see it.

edit this is all wrong lol i was arguing a different argument.

If the K-bros there was a load of american or mexican fighters for them to ko or beat they would get more credit for winning than they do.
              Last edited by Tom Cruise; 01-02-2013, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dc6112 View Post
                The Klitschkos, Haye, Adamek, Povetkin, Arreola, Pulev, Chisora, Fury, Price.

While this division isn't the most exciting in boxing, it has plenty of talent and every one of these guys has something entertaining about them(klitschkos are boring but they almost always finish their guy). So why do the heavies get ***** on all the time as a weak division? Is is just because there's no American in it aside from Arreola?
                because it is crap. are you saying you dont think its a weak division? seriosuly? because if so you dont know good boxing when you see it.

matter fo fact i can tell you dont. the HW division lacks talent far more than it does excitement. you can get some decent fights every now and then but with the exception of the klitschkos, adamek and haye is completely void of talent.

even they are not overly talented either tbh, put them in another division or era and vitali and adamek are the only ones who could hold their own. guys like arreola, fury, chisora etc are garbage, absolutely terrible. you call that talent? who are you trying to fool?

Comment

@Tom Cruise.

You are wrong on this particular subject.

Wladimir has been given more chances to be popular in the States than any fighter I can remember. I don't know if you started watching boxing in the late 90's but the Wlad hype train was full blown. It was the very definition of hype.

He was just as hyped as Michael Grant and after Grant got Lennoxed.. Wlad was even more hyped. Time after time they attempted to promote Wlad.. and time after time he let everyone down in various ways.

1- Knocked out against Sanders.

yet they STILL give him chance after chance

2- Knocked out againST brewster.

YET THEY STILL PROMOTE HIM.

Did you watch the HBO Broadcast of Peter-Wlad I? They made it sound like it was ALI-FRAZIER.. Only Letterman called it like it was 'he was like 'i never seen this much holding' and LARRY IS LIKE 'NO NO UR WRONG WLAD NEVER HOLDS'

They keep giving Wlad chances.. all the way up until Sultan.. that was the straw which broke the camel's back.
                  Wlad was forever banned from NY and MSG after that disgraceful fight.

He was also banned on HBO.

Yet because they love him so much they give him YET ANOTHER CHANCE

against David Haye..... and he BLEW IT AGAIN.

Wlad has blown more chances on the HBO stage than any other fighter I can remember.

He literally struck out like 8 times.... this is all his fault and his fault only.

Comment

Klittard World:

Wladimir was never given chances because he's not American and black'
                    Life is unfair..Wlad was never given chances to shine..

Real World:

Wladimir vs Sultan took place at MSG- the mecca of boxing.. Everyone left or booed them.... Wlad was fired from HBO.

Klittard World:
                    NOBODY LOVES WLAD BECAUSE HE DON'T FIGHT MEXICANS OR AMERICANS.

Real World:
                    Wlad has fought more American fighters than any other nationality.
                    Wlad's fights all the way up to 2007ish was shown on HBO.

Welcome to the real world Neal.

Comment

They never bought into a real promotion! Very few become famous without "ties" in the business!!
                      I've been saying they're both ordinary boxers since I joined here yet theres fans who think their ATG!!! Really???

I just want them and Mayweather and Manny and Juan to go home!!

Its time to see these younger generation perform on the big stage and see who can with stand the tests of time!! Not a defeat, the ups & downs of boxing!! Get the undefeated crap out of your minds and get real. Floyd clinging to his undefeated record has deminished his boxing attitude and in its place its enhanced his business aptitude!!! Only thing is he already made his money and he now gets more boring every time out!! If Robert could get by the first 3 rounds we may see Floyd actually have to fight someone!! Ray.

Comment

Working...
                      X