No announcement yet.

Casual uninformed boxing fans can be annoying

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
    What fights did you put on the list? Just out of curiosity.
    Off hand i remember Morales/Barerra all three but especially the first, Hearns/Hagler, Vazquez/Marquez all three, SRL/Duran, and Mayweather/Corrales, and Ali/Frazier. And others but tried to keep big names with good skilled fights to maintain interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
      Off hand i remember Morales/Barerra all three but especially the first, Hearns/Hagler, Vazquez/Marquez all three, SRL/Duran, and Mayweather/Corrales, and Ali/Frazier. And others but tried to keep big names with good skilled fights to maintain interest.
      Those fights along with Corrales/Castilla, Holyfield/Bowe, Leonard/Hearns, just to name a few should make anyone love boxing.

Comment

''Khan would beat Hearns'' always makes me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
          Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          ''Khan would beat Hearns'' always makes me laugh.
          maybe in a foot race but definately not in a boxing match

Comment

Casual boxing fans............unfortunately they keep the wonderful world of boxing financed.

As much as I hate to say it, Stephen A Smith and Skip Baylesss with their ignorant rants continue to drum up interst in boxing. Even though combined they know less than the average 9 year old about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by trufightfanatic View Post
              I was at work yesterday and in the break room one of my coworkers started talking about the Pacquiao knockout loss to JMM etc. Well eventually as usual the discussion shifted to Mayweather and how he hasn't fought anyone his whole career and that's why he is undefeated. He stated that Floyd should fight Marquez since Marquez just beat Pacquiao. That's when I said that yes I would be glad to see Marquez get another big payday, but I don't think the outcome of the fight would be any different than there first fight a rew years ago. He then said what first fight. After I told him about the first fight and how Floyd pretty much won every minute of the fight, he says well Marquez wasn't established as a good fighter back then. I said you are right he was already established as a great fighter but Floyd was and would always be a bad matchup for him stylistically. Well he went on to trash Floyd some more and then talked about how the two (******N) heavyweight brothers are bad for boxing etc. and that they haven't fought anyone either. It's baseless idle chatter like that from clueless part time boxing fans, whom only watch the marquee fights that really gets my goat.
              And of course you forgot to inform him how Mayweather made Marquez come up three divisions and failed to make weight right?

Comment

I have run across casuals with more frequency lately. It could be a sign that boxing is growing a little in popularity.

What I don't get is that they know so little yet try to act like they know a lot. If I'm ignorant on a subject I usually don't try to pretend that I'm expert.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  I have run across casuals with more frequency lately. It could be a sign that boxing is growing a little in popularity.

What I don't get is that they know so little yet try to act like they know a lot. If I'm ignorant on a subject I usually don't try to pretend that I'm expert.
                  I blame social media. It gives every and anyone a chance to voice themselves. People use it and then get used to voicing their thoughts all the damn time

Comment

Working...
                  X