No announcement yet.

Grade the Degree of Difficulty for Each of the Potential Floyd Opponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is martinez at 160 on that list?
    Floyd will never do that and if he did that's almost a guaranteed loss.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
      Lara is a fighter I can see Canelo comfortably beating
      Lara has faced three top 10 JMW's, Molina, Williams and Vanes..neither of them came close to "comfortably" beating him. I doubt Canelo comfortably beats Lara, I don't even think he beats him.

Comment

Move up From 140

Danny Garcia D-
        Lucas Matthysse D
        Amir Khan C- (styles)

Robert Guerrero C-
        Timothy Bradley C-
        Kell Brook D-
        Devon Alexander C-
        Juan Manuel Marquez C

Canelo Alvarez C+
        Sergio Martinez (fight takes place at 154) A
        Austin Trout A
        Erislandy Lara A-
        James Kirkland D+
        Carlos Molina C-

Sergio Martinez (fight takes place at 160) A++

Comment

Floyd passed over on the toughest challenges from 07-10. sad too because if he was as great as you guys claim, he could have made an incredible mark on boxing. imagine this on his resume from 07 til now.

Margarito
          Cotto
          Williams
          Pacquio

apparently they were all too easy

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Lara has faced three top 10 JMW's, Molina, Williams and Vanes..neither of them came close to "comfortably" beating him. I doubt Canelo comfortably beats Lara, I don't even think he beats him.
            It's a shame GBP signed Lara just for the power to keep Canelo away from him. He's one of the ranked opponents I believe Canelo would beat.

why do you say Lara would beat Canelo?

Comment

hard fights Trout, Martinez, and Lara
              Tall, slick counter-punching southpaws... who know how to measure distance. How many such opponents has Mayweather fought?

Heck it would be interesting to see how a 130-135 pound mayweather would have fought had he faced a guy like 'Titere' Vasquez (orthodox) or Richard Abril; he would have won yes, but it would have been interesting to see.

Comment

It's a shame GBP signed Lara just for the power to keep Canelo away from him. He's one of the ranked opponents I believe Canelo would beat.

why do you say Lara would beat Canelo?
                I'm not too sure about that outcome. It's why I said I don't think Canelo beats him. It would not be a blow out for either fighter. I think it would be close. Lara tends to fight at his opponents level and is comfortable with that. He fought to a draw with Molina who's a spoiler, he fought a close fight with Vanes which I thought he won, and he clearly beat Williams.

I think if Canelo can't find Lara's body, he loses. He has to go to the body to slow him down, if he can't do that, Lara wins.

Comment

AWW, none of these guys stand a chance. Guerrero I like but he has NO CHANCE...

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                    Tall, slick counter-punching southpaws... who know how to measure distance. How many such opponents has Mayweather fought?

Heck it would be interesting to see how a 130-135 pound mayweather would have fought had he faced a guy like 'Titere' Vasquez (orthodox) or Richard Abril; he would have won yes, but it would have been interesting to see.
                    closest thing was Zab Judah. I gave him 2 rounds but could see how some would give him 3

These would be interesting fights though. Floyd seems to be more advanced against southpaws now after seeing his display against Ortiz. He shoulder rolls against them fairly easily these days.

Guerrero isn't the greatest fight compared to other fights in Floyd's body of work, but he is a jabbing southpaw. I'm kind of glad Floyd will get additional experience against them under his belt by boxing Guerrero. I hope this leads to a Martinez showdown.

Check this Katsidis-Guerrero footage out. Katsidis feints the right to land a big right that hurts Guerrero and sends him reeling to the ropes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0D3DEvub2k#t=30s

Floyd can do that and even more. He's capable of busting out double and even triple right hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuJH9BtcWBs#t=1m35s

We'll see a brilliant display of Floyd's offensive arsenal if this Guerrero fight pops off. Guerrero has the style to get knocked out by Floyd, and FLoyd loves to slice the bodies of lefties.

Robert is open for all kinds of right hand shots.

Comment

I can't name a guy that Floyd wouldn't easily beat from 140-154. He's that good.

Comment

Working...
                      X