No announcement yet.

Canelo vs Trout according to LaOpinion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
    So the bolded is how you came up with Trout being a "glorified stay busy fight"?

Pretty much.

Comment

It is a fight that should happen...but for some reason I doubt it will! I will believe it when I see the Press Conference and it is signed sealed and delivered

but if it is then major props to Canelo for once

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
        Pretty much.
        Oh ok. I was just checking. Now we can have a healthy conversation about Boxing.

Comment

Didn't they learn from what happened to Cotto? If you have a big fight coming up you definitely don't want to risk it by fighting Trout first.

But all credit to Golden Boy if this happens. Bob Arum definitely wouldn't take chances if he was in this position.

Comment

This would be great. However, I'm skeptical about the validity of this...

Comment

Please Canelo fight Trout. This will be a good fight and I expect Trout to win this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                Honestly the way I see a Trout vs. Canelo fight. Is Trout by UD. It'll be rough early but Trout out-boxes Saul in the later rounds.
                Man, I have the same feeling as well, but I just hope Canelo is the real deal and can wear down a fighter like Trout to dominate the later rounds or stop him. I'll be surprised if this fight comes off before a Mayweather fight.

Comment

Only thing that worries me about Canelo is his stamina but I dont think Trout will push the pace enough to make that a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
                    Man, I have the same feeling as well, but I just hope Canelo is the real deal and can wear down a fighter like Trout to dominate the later rounds or stop him. I'll be surprised if this fight comes off before a Mayweather fight.
                    I seriously doubt the put Canelo in there with Trout with a Mayweather fight somewhat anywhere near being put on a negotiation table. Cause if Saul loses that Floyd fight is up in smoke. I dont think we'll ever see Floyd fight another opponent thats coming off a lose no matter who it is(like he did for Zab).

I think Saul can match fire power, but not speed and stamina. He just hasnt proven such yet. But I do like Saul's patience, and he does put his punches together very well. Either way Canelo's next opponent has to be a step up from the Josesito's and Jose Miguel's of the boxing world. Also, the kid's gonna grow out of 154 in the next couple of years. How is he going to transition to 160 without being tested at 154?

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                      Only thing that worries me about Canelo is his stamina but I dont think Trout will push the pace enough to make that a factor.
                      Yes. His stamina is the elephant in the room if you ask me. He just hasnt put in the hard rounds necessary for anyone to be able to discern whether or not he will be effective in the later rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X