No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez Reflects on 2012, Talks 2013

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way was that a lucky punch.

JMM trained hard for that punch and was looking for that punch all the way through the fight and he got it right....the punch was perfect.

However, what was lucky or fortunate was the timing....last second of the round....JMM was lucky in the fact MP didn`t take the final 10 seconds easy and was stupid enough to rush in giving JMM the chance to deliver his perfect punch.

For me this 4th fight wasn`t decisive enough for JMM....JMM wasn`t giving MP a hard time or a technical lesson or dancing rings round him....if MP hadn`t been so dumb (I believe you call it ring IQ or lack of) JMM wouldn`t have got that fabulous knockout but would have ended up a few rounds later losing to a TKO from MP.

MP was busting JMM up so where is the glory for JMM knowing that if MP didn`t give him the chance to launch his rocket KO punch in the final seconds of round 6 he was going to be stopped himself in another couple of rounds by a TKO.

But as the saying goes it takes two to tango...JMM was actively looking for that punch so maybe it was just a matter of time....maybe he was happy for MP to take rounds knowing that he would land that KTFO punch eventually no matter how close he was going to get to a TKO himself.

The coin with JMMs head on one side and MPs head on the other is constantly spinning in the air....some you win some you lose....MP and JMM are both warriors and deserve respect by all.

Comment

I have to admit during that fight especially rds. 5 and 6 manny was getting the best of Juan up until the ko of course but let's not forget as the fight goes on the more Marquez gets stronger do we really think pacquiao would've been able to keep that pace for 12 rds all that head and body movement all night I don't think so Jim lampley said it its an exhausting way to fight and they were rubbing his calves and was visibly tired at the end of rd.5 and as he should be it was a tough rd. fact of the matter is no other fighter would've been standing after that onslaught and it helped that Marquez knows him so well so let's give Juan the props he deserves if there is a rematch so be it but if not Marquez finally got his due and proved he was the better fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Muscles72 View Post
        I have to admit during that fight especially rds. 5 and 6 manny was getting the best of Juan up until the ko of course but let's not forget as the fight goes on the more Marquez gets stronger do we really think pacquiao would've been able to keep that pace for 12 rds all that head and body movement all night I don't think so Jim lampley said it its an exhausting way to fight and they were rubbing his calves and was visibly tired at the end of rd.5 and as he should be it was a tough rd. fact of the matter is no other fighter would've been standing after that onslaught and it helped that Marquez knows him so well so let's give Juan the props he deserves if there is a rematch so be it but if not Marquez finally got his due and proved he was the better fighter.
        indeed, marquez had rough times early with katsidis and diaz and knocked them both out late, i feel a ko in marquez favor was inevitable, pacquiao was being reckless and it was just a matter of time before he got caught

Comment

Originally posted by Muscles72 View Post
          Although I don`t dispute what you are saying and previously said myself that JMM was looking for that punch and trained for it, I feel that MP didn`t need to maintain that pace for the full 12 rounds as I believe he would have got a TKO by the end of round 9. Full credit is given to JMM though as it was not a lucky punch and he was going for it, his plan worked whereas MPs plan failed. JMM does seem to get stronger against his opposition the longer a fight goes but MP was busting him up and whether he could continue or not the referee would have probably stopped the fight giving MP a TKO. If ever they do fight again I don`t foresee such a vicious KO happening again from JMM but a more conservative MP busting JMM up to result in a TKO....but we`ll see and if JMM wants to retire he has the right to retire with his head held high.....his KO of MP was decisive in the way it ended the fight but to me his victory wasn`t as one sided as the result....had he been dancing rings around MP whilst looking for his KO punch then I would be happy with the win once and for all deciding but as it happens MP looked to be getting the better before he got KTFO....who I am to judge though, I am just a humble spectator of the sport....either way I give both warriors their props for entertaining us and giving us so much to debate and speculate about lol.

Comment

the figth was not going to be stop and who ever thinks JMM was gong to lose by a ko or tko doesnt know crap about. JMM has never been stop ever and Nacho is one of the best cutman in boxing he puts alot of guys to shame out there. Bayless was not going to stop the figth base on a bloody nose there seems to be alot of morons saying JMM had a broken nose that is a lie that has been confirm by both Nacho and JMM as nothing but horse$h!t

Comment

Originally posted by denix View Post
              Let this victory pay for all Pac's damages done to fellow Mexicans.
              Since when did so-called Boxing fans get so damned butt-hurt over the nationality of fighters Pac or anyone has beaten. That is no true Boxing fan. That is someone who treats Boxing like it is some major racial war. Pathetic. What a fuked up in the head mindset.
              Last edited by richardt; 01-01-2013, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by solo20 View Post
                the figth was not going to be stop and who ever thinks JMM was gong to lose by a ko or tko doesnt know crap about. JMM has never been stop ever and Nacho is one of the best cutman in boxing he puts alot of guys to shame out there. Bayless was not going to stop the figth base on a bloody nose there seems to be alot of morons saying JMM had a broken nose that is a lie that has been confirm by both Nacho and JMM as nothing but horse$h!t
                Why do you sound so butt hurt?

Whilst it is true that JMM has never been stopped...ever...it doesn`t mean he never will be stopped...ever.

He looked and was a lot stronger in this fight...he was totally changed....a different boxer....three, hell even two months ago if someone had suggested MP was going to get KTFO in such devastating a way from JMM I would have laughed but indeed JMM KTFO of MP so unexpectantly. Therefore, to base an arguement on a boxers past (yes, I know MP has lost by KO before but not in the same way) is to be totally blind. MP was thought to have a granite chin but JMM proved a KO in spectacular fashion on MP could be done so what`s not to say JMM can`t be stopped......he gets knocked down but he gets back up again but one day he will stay down or be hurt enough for the referee to step in.

I am of the opinion that MP would have got a TKO over JMM if he was smarter and didn`t go in for the kill too soon (especially in the final seconds of a round). It was obvious JMM was looking for that KO punch but MP was being his usual reckless aggressive self that was his downfall.

JMM could have been TKOd by MP....I am not stating that as a fact as it is all speculation and what ifs now as MP got KTFO and lost but for you to say with such certainty that JMM would never have lost to a TKO that is ridiculous and for you to say the referee would never have stopped the fight based on a bloody nose is to suggest that he doesn`t ultimately care about the total damage a boxer is taking as long as he gives the boxer a chance to eventually unleash his KO punch (at the time did Kenny Bayliss know his nose wasn`t broken for sure....).

I wasn`t disrespecting JMM, just saying how I think it would have played out if MP had been smarter (i.e respected the new version of JMM) and more patient for another couple of rounds.

Take it easy fella...

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  Ok, now explain who Marquez has beat except this hypejob.
                  Stop crying b1tch !!

Aside from all of the pac-dribble.....

History will show that there is only one clear victor from their rivalry.....

..... the last man standing.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                    Marquez owns PAC stop hating *******s
                    We still got broken-hearted pac-b1tches crying like litle girls

The last man standing b1tches !!

Comment

Originally posted by Kunni Phunt View Post
                      Why do you sound so butt hurt?

Whilst it is true that JMM has never been stopped...ever...it doesn`t mean he never will be stopped...ever.

He looked and was a lot stronger in this fight...he was totally changed....a different boxer....three, hell even two months ago if someone had suggested MP was going to get KTFO in such devastating a way from JMM I would have laughed but indeed JMM KTFO of MP so unexpectantly. Therefore, to base an arguement on a boxers past (yes, I know MP has lost by KO before but not in the same way) is to be totally blind. MP was thought to have a granite chin but JMM proved a KO in spectacular fashion on MP could be done so what`s not to say JMM can`t be stopped......he gets knocked down but he gets back up again but one day he will stay down or be hurt enough for the referee to step in.

I am of the opinion that MP would have got a TKO over JMM if he was smarter and didn`t go in for the kill too soon (especially in the final seconds of a round). It was obvious JMM was looking for that KO punch but MP was being his usual reckless aggressive self that was his downfall.

JMM could have been TKOd by MP....I am not stating that as a fact as it is all speculation and what ifs now as MP got KTFO and lost but for you to say with such certainty that JMM would never have lost to a TKO that is ridiculous and for you to say the referee would never have stopped the fight based on a bloody nose is to suggest that he doesn`t ultimately care about the total damage a boxer is taking as long as he gives the boxer a chance to eventually unleash his KO punch (at the time did Kenny Bayliss know his nose wasn`t broken for sure....).

I wasn`t disrespecting JMM, just saying how I think it would have played out if MP had been smarter (i.e respected the new version of JMM) and more patient for another couple of rounds.

Take it easy fella...
                      not reading all that crap sounds to me the one who is butthurt is you . you dont know crap about boxing if you think Pac would have got the tko over JMM i called it that JMM would win by ko, what ever man

Comment

Working...
                      X