No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Martinez Still Target Floyd Mayweather Jr. Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
    That is true, but if Mayweather claims he is better than Duran, Hearns, Leonard, Robinson, all of these guys stepped up in weight and fought the best.

Granted they all were legit bigger guys.
    Money stepped up five times still undefeated and has won belts in each class. What you saying?

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
      when is the last time serg fought at 154, wouldnt it be smart for this april 2013 fight to be at 154 so he can make a case? which brings me to my final argument...

how can you duck someone who has an april 2013 fight if your looking for a fight in may 2013???????????

or are you just saying sht?
      The bold there is why i just laugh at people who are basically saying Martinez is a light middleweight, Yes he weigh less than most middleweight on fight night but that doesnt mean he can make 154 in a healthy way, I was one of the people calling for this fight more than a year ago after Martinez KO Williams at a catchweight of 154, At that time he was younger and still he fought it hard to make 157, now more than a year later i dont think he would make 154 and be healthy, And as much as i want to see this fight i would rather Mayweather take it at 160 and seal his legacy than fight a drained 154 Martinez, And i dont care what Martinez says before the fight HE would be drained at 154, If not why not schedule his April fight at 154?

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
        Mayweather will never fight Martinez.

Mayweather famously never fights at catchweights but when Martinez was mention he said "maybe at a catchweight"

Martinez was willing to fight at 150 and still Mayweather passed.

Mayweather has never been about taking risks. it's all about easy money with Mayweather.

Mayweather is a smart man, why risk getting KTFO when he can make more money against easier opponents like Canelo or Guerrero
        how do u fight golden gloves then make it all the way to a ranked boxer in 5 divisions without taking risks?????????

Comment

Im still amazed that people really believe Sergio can still make 154 comfortably. He hasn't fought there in over 3 years and is 38 years old. If he is fighting hand picked Murray in April and Chavez in Sept, that means he would be 4 years removed from 154 and he will be a year older. In no way will Sergio make 154. All u have to do is go one YouTube and watch Sergio post fight in ring interview after he Kod Paul Williams. He was saying he wanted to fight Floyd at 157..

Its very clear he would kill himself to make 154. People just seem to forget these public interviews though
          Last edited by R-NEAL; 12-31-2012, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Im still amazed that people really believe Sergio can still make 154 comfortably. He hasn't fought there in over 3 years and is 38 years old. If he is fighting hand picked Murray in April and Chavez in Sept, that means he would be 4 years removed from 154 and he will be a year older. In no way will Sergio make 154. All u have to do is go one YouTube and watch Sergio post fight in ring interview after he Kod Paul Williams. He was saying he wanted to fight Floyd at 157..

Its very clear he would kill himself to make 154. People just seem to forget these public interviews though
            Last edited by R-NEAL; 12-31-2012, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              The bold there is why i just laugh at people who are basically saying Martinez is a light middleweight, Yes he weigh less than most middleweight on fight night but that doesnt mean he can make 154 in a healthy way, I was one of the people calling for this fight more than a year ago after Martinez KO Williams at a catchweight of 154, At that time he was younger and still he fought it hard to make 157, now more than a year later i dont think he would make 154 and be healthy, And as much as i want to see this fight i would rather Mayweather take it at 160 and seal his legacy than fight a drained 154 Martinez, And i dont care what Martinez says before the fight HE would be drained at 154, If not why not schedule his April fight at 154?
              Ray you are actually looking at this as a fight fan. Most of the posters are just using this fight because its the en vouge way to criticize floyd. Of course by calling for a fight at 154 between the two if floyd wins-Martinez was drained and if Martinez wins-well floyd looks worse because he lost to a drained fighter.

It would be bogus IMO if they fought at a CW for Martinez belt. A champion should never have to weigh less than the max weight of the division. I hope they fight at a full 160 as well.

Of course if they fight this year that means floyd "ducked" guerrero or Canelo.

Comment

I would love to see this fight get made over the Chavez rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by rasdun View Post
                  I agree mayweather would win, just like most thought May would beat Pac. He still won't do it though. everyone has to realize that May will choose every opponent at exactly the right time - look at his last group of opponents. other than Marquez (who had to move up 12 lbs for their foght), none have had any big wins since bc they were either past their prime (de la Hoya, Mosely, Cotto) or never really that good to begin wit (Ortiz)
                  He tried to fight Oscar and Mosley back in the day. Arum himself said Cotto wasn't ready. Also all these guys were coming off big wins when Floyd fought them.

Comment

Yeahhh buddy. Come on out Floyd fans. With your preordained excuses as to why Floyd should not fight Martinez. As to why he should fight ginger instead. And then preach on about how ginger will be a great win, but Martinez would not.

Comment

Martinez unless your over 40 and have been in many wars that have taken a lot out of you Floyd won't fight you. You can fake a knock out loss so Floyd will fight you or maybe you can face his stepping stone Andre Berto

Comment

Working...
                      X