No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Martinez Still Target Floyd Mayweather Jr. Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HAVISJ View Post
    Damn, you read the writing and still can't believe it. That wasn't Mayweather who said he weighed 147, it was the writer. Mayweather said he was sick and had a hurt hand, those were his words
    It's pretty clear you didn't bother to read the article yourself, the article site's Mayweather as claiming he weighed 147 on fight night (it's on the very first sentence):

"According to Floyd Mayweather, he may have weighed 151-pounds at Friday's weigh-in, but when he came to the ring on Saturday night for his scheduled fight with WBA 154-pound champion Miguel Cotto - he only weighed 147-pounds."

HBO never gave the fighters' fight night weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
      It's pretty clear you didn't bother to read the article yourself, the article site's Mayweather as claiming he weighed 147 on fight night (it's on the very first sentence):

"According to Floyd Mayweather, he may have weighed 151-pounds at Friday's weigh-in, but when he came to the ring on Saturday night for his scheduled fight with WBA 154-pound champion Miguel Cotto - he only weighed 147-pounds."

HBO never gave the fighters' fight night weight.
      So you don't think a sick man can lose 4lbs overnight? That's not anything to lie about.

Comment

• Originally posted by HAVISJ View Post
        So you don't think a sick man can lose 4lbs overnight? That's not anything to lie about.
        why not just weigh in on the hbo scale? i mean, no big deal, he doesn't have to, but then no need to say more. as it is, sounds ridiculous, and is just another reason not to take Floyd's future self serving claims seriously, right next to that $20m he earned for the Big Show.

Comment

• True or not, going from 151 to 147 is not believable unless he had diarrhea all night. He looked plenty hydrated during the fight.

Losing four pounds of water from a sickness in one night is going to leave you pretty wrecked and if it was that bad, how did they migate the damage so to speak during the fight.....a diaper?

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            why not just weigh in on the hbo scale? i mean, no big deal, he doesn't have to, but then no need to say more. as it is, sounds ridiculous, and is just another reason not to take Floyd's future self serving claims seriously, right next to that $20m he earned for the Big Show.
            Well, maybe you guys know him on a personal level, unlike myself. You know when he's telling the truth and how much he makes

Comment

• Why is it so easy to have controversy about floyd even his weight there is a cloud of mystery like how did bruce lee die?

floyd better fight sergio im telling ya. SRL can fight Marvin and im assuming sergio isnt as good as hagler, so why wont Floyd at least try to try to achieve something close to what SRL the ww did?

Comment

• Wow sergio still wants floyd and the fans want this, well, not floyd fans but most boxing fans do.

Comment

• there seems to be a lot of people who don't want to see floyd take on martinez. i wonder why?

Comment

• Originally posted by happyman View Post
                    there seems to be a lot of people who don't want to see floyd take on martinez. i wonder why?
                    It's the Floyd fan boys... They are afraid he will lose to Martinez.

Comment

• I doubt Martinez gets that fight, unless he's willing to go 154 or below. It'll be so tough for him to make that weight, so that's a good thing for Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X