No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Martinez Still Target Floyd Mayweather Jr. Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
    no, fight martinez to prove he is the GOAT as he claims to be. to do that, he needs balls.
    My man, it takes "balls" to step in the ring with another professional fighter. Why don't you stop thinking with your "balls" and start using your brain instead? What do you do for a living? It's like people log on to the internet and immediately disconnect from reality and lose perspective. Beating Martinez would not make Mayweather the goat. Some of you are overrating Martinez and giving him a pass just to hate on Mayweather. Beating Martinez at 54 would be a good win, but haters would discredit it saying that Martinez is old and weight drained. Mayweather fighting Martinez at 60 is not realistic, and it's funny watching posters say that Mayweather should go up to 60 and fight him. That makes absolutely no sense for Mayweather and would be the dumbest decision that he could make. He can't even make 54, but he's suppose to go up to 60 and give Martinez every advantage just to "prove" something? Come back to reality people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      How does Martinez eliminate ginger?? Lets ask ourselves out of the 2, which would fight which??
      Canelo was calling out Martinez. Do I think he was serious? Nope. Sergio called his bluff and nothing happened. It's clear that the plan is feed Canelo lackluster opposition to build him up as a viable "threat" for a shot at the P4P throne. They've been successful thus far, and I don't think they have any plans on stopping now. Floyd will oblige because the risk:reward ratio is in his favor.

Martinez isn't gonna be given a chance to get Mayweather because he won't be able to fight Canelo. This is why he should just forget about it and try to clean out the MW division. He has no control at LMW but he does at MW. He needs to force the top MWs to fight one another, so that he can have a legacy match-up in the twilight of his career.
      Last edited by kiaba360; 12-31-2012, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        Canelo was calling out Martinez. Do I think he was serious? Nope. Sergio called his bluff and nothing happened. It's clear that the plan is feed Canelo lackluster opposition to build him up as a viable "threat" for a shot at the P4P throne. They've been successful thus far, and I don't think they have any plans on stopping now. Floyd will oblige because the risk:reward ratio is in his favor.

Martinez isn't gonna be given a chance to get Mayweather because he won't be able to fight Canelo. This is why he should just forget about it and try to clean out the MW division. He has no control at LMW but he does at MW. He needs to force the top MWs to fight one another, so that he can have a legacy-defining match-up in the twilight of his career.
        I cannot even argue these points.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          There is no sane reason for the fight at 154?? The koolaid right there. it's the biggest fight that can be made in boxing.

When was the Punisher/Martinez2 & when was Chavez/Martinez?? It's insane to compare the 2, that's crazy.

I guess Floyd fans simply consider it safe to assume Martinez cannot make 154 & then try & pass it off as a fact, when it is most assuredly not.
          the point is Martinez is not a ppv headliner, he aint selling the fight.

I never said he couldn't. DOesn't matter to me if he can or can't. the fight should be at 160.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
            My man, it takes "balls" to step in the ring with another professional fighter. Why don't you stop thinking with your "balls" and start using your brain instead? What do you do for a living? It's like people log on to the internet and immediately disconnect from reality and lose perspective. Beating Martinez would not make Mayweather the goat. Some of you are overrating Martinez and giving him a pass just to hate on Mayweather. Beating Martinez at 54 would be a good win, but haters would discredit it saying that Martinez is old and weight drained. Mayweather fighting Martinez at 60 is not realistic, and it's funny watching posters say that Mayweather should go up to 60 and fight him. That makes absolutely no sense for Mayweather and would be the dumbest decision that he could make. He can't even make 54, but he's suppose to go up to 60 and give Martinez every advantage just to "prove" something? Come back to reality people.
            look, if you claim to be the best, fight the best.

me? im an electrician. not sure what that has to do with anything tho.

might not make him the GOAT but it adds to his legacy. guerrero and canelo do not.

he can make 154. im not buying that he cant. did you see him when he came out of the slammer?

it isnt like martinez is a massive middleweight either.

Comment

look floyd fans, all im saying is there is only 1 fight out there for floyd that does anything for his legacy.

am i wrong?
              I know what ur saying, it's just BS. And if he does do it and wins, ul say something else. But if he loses ul say "I knew he wasnt that good"...
              Ur hate is blocking ur view of greatness

Comment

• Originally posted by cixthree View Post
                I know what ur saying, it's just BS. And if he does do it and wins, ul say something else. But if he loses ul say "I knew he wasnt that good"...
                Ur hate is blocking ur view of greatness
                oh is there another fight out there that adds to his legacy? didnt think so. must be a hater ey?

Comment

look, if you claim to be the best, fight the best.

me? im an electrician. not sure what that has to do with anything tho.

might not make him the GOAT but it adds to his legacy. guerrero and canelo do not.

he can make 154. im not buying that he cant. did you see him when he came out of the slammer?

it isnt like martinez is a massive middleweight either.
                  I get what ur saying here, the #1 is not always the best in the div. But say he fights the #3, then he's ducking the #1, see how Floyd logic works?
                  Ginger is the #1 in his div, Robet has gained ground at 47, so how are they not the best?
                  Ur losing man...

Comment

oh is there another fight out there that adds to his legacy? didnt think so. must be a hater ey?
                    What u fail to realize is Floyds legacy is already written. Adding to it is ONLY extra, but it's pretty much already written.
                    People like u will always want more, and it's never gonna stop. It's like a race car driver that wins the race, but ur still praying he crashes on the victory lap

Comment

• Originally posted by cixthree View Post
                      What u fail to realize is Floyds legacy is already written. Adding to it is ONLY extra, but it's pretty much already written.
                      People like u will always want more, and it's never gonna stop. It's like a race car driver that wins the race, but ur still praying he crashes on the victory lap
                      It's like that with all undefeated slick fighters, people pray on there downfall.

Comment

Working...
                      X