Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Martinez Still Target Floyd Mayweather Jr. Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously this is a fight Mayweather should go for at 160, it's a win win for him, he wouldn't be the favourite for the first time in a while and a win would put him up there, if he loses people can say the weight was too much for a former super feather weight, He has beaten bigger guys in the past like Ricky Hatton, De la Hoya, Cotto etc so he should really go for this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rk16 View Post
      Ever since 2009 that midget refused to fight Mayweather!
      What else could he do but fight the next in line which us exactly what he did
      well whatever you think, my point still stands, he didnt fight the best at his weight for 3 years.

Comment

• This would be a good retirement fight for both. Make it happen Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
          exactly, so why not actually go and do it?

10x better than a guerrero fight or canelo fight, would you not agree?
          because when anyone that invests their money they expect the most return on their investment. Floyd can use x millions of dollars to promote and market either a sergio fight or a canelo fight. SInce everything (other than Bushbaby's ridiculous assertion) suggests a floyd/canelo ppv outsells a floyd/sergio ppv, I can understand why floyd would choose it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
            he hasnt fought the best at his weight for 3 fcuking years!!!
            again, when you acknowledge why that didn't occur rather than just blame floyd, we can have a more reasonable discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              because when anyone that invests their money they expect the most return on their investment. Floyd can use x millions of dollars to promote and market either a sergio fight or a canelo fight. SInce everything (other than Bushbaby's ridiculous assertion) suggests a floyd/canelo ppv outsells a floyd/sergio ppv, I can understand why floyd would choose it.
              you dont still believe that bollocks about floyd being his own promoter do you?!!!!

if floyd and sergio fight, they are both getting paid. end of story.

Comment

Martinez didn't headline the ppv, Bush Chavez did. Canelo has also done monster ratings on Mexican TV and mexican fans have historically supported ppv's when one of their favorite sons are fighting.

Of course I haven't "defended" the floyd/canelo fight, I just haven't criticized it BECAUSE IT HASN'T BEEN ****ING SIGNED YET!!!!!

when you make a reasonable point, ie canelo's opposition, I agree with it.
                What?? Did Chavez jr fight himself?? Did he shadowbox a mirror?? Martinez was the other half of that equation. The headline was not Chavez jr vs a mirror. It was Chavez/Martinez.

Like I've said & stated over & over, If Floyd fights again at 154, it should be Martinez. Not ginger. Who hasn't done squat & doesn't deserve it. But if you agree that Martinez/Floyd is the bigger fight, maybe even biggest & best fight that can be made, why settle for ginger/Floyd?? (From a fan's perspective). I'd understand you arguing the case if you somehow was a part of Floyd's company & tended to gain from his earnings. But you're not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Seriously this is a fight Mayweather should go for at 160, it's a win win for him, he wouldn't be the favourite for the first time in a while and a win would put him up there, if he loses people can say the weight was too much for a former super feather weight, He has beaten bigger guys in the past like Ricky Hatton, De la Hoya, Cotto etc so he should really go for this.
                  Lol they wouldn't, u think people got on Pac bad for getting ko'd??? imagine Jr

Comment

• Who cares that Martinez has date already with Murray and major talk of Sept rematch and who knows if he can really make 154 cause Floyd the WW is ducking the MW champion. This is my superfight if he can make 154 but i know this cannot be entertained for at least a year so all this talk of floyd being a coward is just hate. Lot more of that lately

Comment

again, when you acknowledge why that didn't occur rather than just blame floyd, we can have a more reasonable discussion.
                      not going into why, its just a fact. floyd and pacman were the 2 best at welterweight. so my statement stands.

Comment

Working...
                      X