No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Martinez Still Target Floyd Mayweather Jr. Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
    it is enough, but whats the point in carrying on fighting if your not going to fight the best?
    becuase its called professional boxing, its a job. And, contrary to the standard you and other impose on floyd, fighting the best is not what older boxers near retirement do, they fight the most lucrative fights available.

SOmetimes, like with Ricky Hatton, you end up fighting both the best and most lucrative. SOmetimes, like SRL, you end up with Macho Camacho.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      Financially, you know this isn't the case. PPV sales aren't usually driven by competitiveness but opponent name value. SO please, the overexaggeration to self support your own argument is coming dangerously close to the manny fringe fanbase logic.

Legacy wise, unless its at 160 for the MW title, it doesn't add anything.
      Well if you wanna put it that way, the fact is that Martinez in fact headline a major ppv event. Has ginger ever headlined a major ppv event??

Defending any & everything Floyd does is dangerously close to Manny fanboy logic. Look at yourself before you talk about me please.

Comment

forget the money a second dunn, martinez is the legit middleweight champ, canelo hasnt beaten anybody of note. just from a boxing fans point of view, what would you rather watch?
        If Floyd chooses to go to 160 and fight him cool,but does he have to ???HELL NO,is he a duck if he doesnt??HELL NO....No other damn fighter has this requirement put on him it is ridiculous

Comment

Financially, you know this isn't the case. PPV sales aren't usually driven by competitiveness but opponent name value. SO please, the overexaggeration to self support your own argument is coming dangerously close to the manny fringe fanbase logic.

Legacy wise, unless its at 160 for the MW title, it doesn't add anything.
          It should, but you are probably correct, it wont.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
            Anybody who honestly believe that Mayweather is going to fight in May then turn around and fight in September is an idiot.

On topic, of course Martinez still wants the Mayweather fight. It's the biggest pay day that he could possibly make by far. Mayweather would make more fighting Canelo though, so I don't see him taking it.
            This guy is keeping it real.

Comment

becuase its called professional boxing, its a job. And, contrary to the standard you and other impose on floyd, fighting the best is not what older boxers near retirement do, they fight the most lucrative fights available.

SOmetimes, like with Ricky Hatton, you end up fighting both the best and most lucrative. SOmetimes, like SRL, you end up with Macho Camacho.
              do you agree with that as a boxing fan? fighting for the most money rather than fighting the best?

i think he chooses the easiest opponent for the most money. not just the most money, otherwise he would have fought pacquiao.

Comment

Money should step up to the plate and enhance his legacy instead of keep fighting safe opponents he knows he will beat.

Comment

forget the money a second dunn, martinez is the legit middleweight champ, canelo hasnt beaten anybody of note. just from a boxing fans point of view, what would you rather watch?
                  Your unwritten assumption that one ight is better than the other notwithstanding, I would prefer floyd/sergio as a fan because I want to see floyd do something no one thinks he can.

But don't act like Sergio is calling out floyd because he thinks floyd is the most competitive fight for himself. This is where Larry is ABSOLIUTELY right and Bush is letting his dislike for floyd to guide his judgement.

Floyd has no "on paper" quality competitive fight at ww right now so he has to fight outside of 147. Marinez has quality fights at 160 right now but isn't seeking them, rather he is calling out floyd, who we all know is a WW who will give up weight if he thinks there is significant money to be made.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                    If Floyd chooses to go to 160 and fight him cool,but does he have to ???HELL NO,is he a duck if he doesnt??HELL NO....No other damn fighter has this requirement put on him it is ridiculous
                    i didnt say he has to. i said its the only challenge there. floyd claims to be the best of all time so prove it and accept a challenge.

Comment

• Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                      do you agree with that as a boxing fan? fighting for the most money rather than fighting the best?

i think he chooses the easiest opponent for the most money. not just the most money, otherwise he would have fought pacquiao.
                      1st you complained that he would not fight ww's..he did that and yet you are still complaining...why????you were one of the posters claiming he was scared of Mosley

Comment

Working...
                      X