Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really someone wants to see Broner/Burns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
    Bull crap they are cherry picking his fights so he looks good and burns is a punching bag that will do just that. Doest matter if its his first or his 5th it's getting old to see these fighters getting spoon fed bums and broner is not going to learn anything from beating that euro bum
    It does matter you dumbass. lol He's only fought one fight at lightweight and DeMarco was considered the best lightweight. How the hell is that cherry picking. My God, some of you guys are really something else. hahahaha

Who's your favorite fighter? I just love how some of you don't put nothing on the line by not displaying any kind of avatar picture of your favorite fighter. I'm sure we could find plenty of fault in your fighters as well.
    Last edited by ROSS CALIFORNIA; 01-01-2013, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
      It does matter you dumbass. lol He's only fought one fight at lightweight and DeMarco was considered the best lightweight. How the hell is that cherry picking. My God, some of you guys are really something else. hahahaha

Who's your favorite fighter? I just love how some of you don't put nothing on the line by not displaying any kind of avatar picture of your favorite fighter. I'm sure we could find plenty of fault in your fighters as well.
      You are a clown if you seriously thought demarco was the legit guy at light weight then you really are a total moron. I can't even stop laughing about it.Thier are only two guys that matter at light weight and that is Vazquez and April. Those are the two guys broner should be fighting and chasing a fight with burns is pointless he is a punching bag.

You know why I don't have any fighter on my avatar because Iam not a dick puller like you
      Last edited by wizard king; 01-01-2013, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
        Over hyped, because you don't think he's as good as others think. Well, you'll see how good your opinion is. lol
        No, over hyped because many point him out to be the next Floyd, better than Gamboa, on a another level than Burns etc.
        Broner is a good fighter, not a great one. There's no fluidity between offense and defense, stiff upper body with little head movement and it seems to me as he lacks a little patience. Those are, of course, all things he can work on and improve, but as of now he's overrated in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by tyson View Post
          ...on a another level than Burns etc.
          We could find out if this is true or not but Burns is ducking him. By pricing himself out and wanting to be paid tax free.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            We could find out if this is true or not but Burns is ducking him. By pricing himself out and wanting to be paid tax free.
            No, he wants £400,000 ($650k) after taxes. He's giving up home advantage and putting his world title on the line, this seems far from an extortionate fee.
            Last edited by Weebler I; 01-01-2013, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Richard Schaefer said that Burns was asking for 3 or 4 times his highest payday.

Comment

I know Broner would destroy him but Burns is listed as one of the best at 135 at the moment, might as well go ahead and fight

Comment

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
                  You are a clown if you seriously thought demarco was the legit guy at light weight then you really are a total moron. I can't even stop laughing about it.Thier are only two guys that matter at light weight and that is Vazquez and April. Those are the two guys broner should be fighting and chasing a fight with burns is pointless he is a punching bag.

You know why I don't have any fighter on my avatar because Iam not a dick puller like you
                  Abril and Vazquez are good fighters, but to say they are the only good ones at LW just goes to show how ignorant you are. And the dick puller comment is just a cop out by you. You have your favorite fighters, but you aren't enough of a man to put it out there like that. Your bi**h ass couldn't take the criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by tyson View Post
                    No, over hyped because many point him out to be the next Floyd, better than Gamboa, on a another level than Burns etc.
                    Broner is a good fighter, not a great one. There's no fluidity between offense and defense, stiff upper body with little head movement and it seems to me as he lacks a little patience. Those are, of course, all things he can work on and improve, but as of now he's overrated in my opinion.
                    That's your opinion and I can respect that. I agree he doesn't have great head movement, but he does have fast reflexes and uses the shoulder roll very effectively. I've watched boxing since the mid 80's and in that time I have seen several over hyped fighters that never turned out to be anything, so I know what I'm getting my self into when I say Broner is going to take over boxing soon. Here's one of my favorite "failed" over hyped fighter fights. I watched it live on TV. This one is a classic, too bad its not all there on You tube. I have this whole thing on VHS.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      Richard Schaefer said that Burns was asking for 3 or 4 times his highest payday.
                      His promoter Frank Warren is asking. Burns has a world title, he's making good money filling arenas. From a promotional perspective to put all that on the line while giving up home advantage has to be worth it financially.

From Burns's perspective, he's always wanted to go to the States to fight Broner, this was an interview from when Broner was his mandatory:

TG: I understand that your next step is still pending. Last week it looked almost certain that it would be American mandatory, Adrien Broner, and now there is a potential move to lightweight. Why the sudden change?

RB: To this point I’m still a super featherweight. Broner’s team spoke to Frank Warren, and then decided to announce a date, without confirming anything with us. I’m still waiting! When I heard Broner was my mandatory I was more than happy to go over to America and fight him; he’s a big name, a great fighter and I need fights like this to get my name out there. Lightweight has been mentioned, by Frank Warren and Alex Morrison, so we need to sit down and discuss our options.

TG: The Broner fight provides a lucrative payday and HBO exposure in the States. You have been craving fights of this magnitude since you won the title last year. You must be desperate for it?

RB: Broner is a great fighter and I have said repeatedly that I would never duck anyone in my career because I want the big fights. When you look at the top ten, these are the guys that I’m meant to be up against. Although I’ve taken some stick for recent title defences, people need to realise, none of them were my choice. Having said that my mandatory is Adrien Broner and that is a fight I am really up for.

TG: Ideally Ricky, what do you want to happen? You must have a preference?

RB: My preference is to go over to America and fight Broner. It’s a bigger fight and it gets my name out there. If I go over to the States, do a job on him, then it sets me up for even bigger fights down the road, so what more could I ask for? I’ve always said that I would love to see my name up in lights, in Las Vegas, and that is still an option for me.

TG: Are you able to say to your promotional or managerial team; “make this fight, whatever it takes?”

RB: I’ve been doing that my whole career. I wanted to fight Mzonke Fana because he was ranked number one by Ring Magazine and I want that belt. Whether it was Adrien Broner, or anyone else in the top ten, I would have been pushing to fight any of them. We’ll just need to see what happens in the next few days.

TG: Have you any words for your fans that are waiting for the next move?

RB: When the Broner fight was announced and the US was mentioned, my phone rang off the hook, and I would take such a big crowd over there. Let’s see what happens but either way I will be in a big fight.
                      http://www.secondsout.com/uk-boxing-...-adrien-broner

Comment

Working...
                      X