JMM knows he will likely lose in the 5th fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
    maybe he is just 40 and has achieved what he wanted
    I agree here. Marquez's sole goal for the last few years, if not more, was to beat Manny. When was the last time you heard someone say they trained 4.5 months for a fight against an opponent that he already faced 3 times?

As far as a goal is concerned, Marquez achieved it, A 5th fight would be more for money and perhaps to continue to solidify his standings in both the Manny vs Marquez rivalry and his legacy .... but he would be getting a lot of money so it will be hard for him to refuse to fight one more time.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
      maybe he is just 40 and has achieved what he wanted
      Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
      what will happen if Floyd gets beat by a 40yr old?

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
        Damn! short arms can be handy at times. Just like Pacquiao, Junior won´t be the same after that

Comment

Originally posted by the_ilest View Post
          marquez beat pac 4 times. A fifth fight is pointless for Marquez. After that brutal Ko, pac is not going to be the same. A fifth fight is just pointless and dumb. i would rather see marquez fight bradley and earn a new belt at welter.
          yea and pacquiao has a win over bradley.

delusional JMM stans.

2-1-1 pendejo

Comment

If the man that won the 4th fight like a boss says it is 4-0, it is 4-0 then.

Comment

ridiculous! I've always been a massive fan of both but Pacs punch resistance is gone and he's on the decline more than Marquez. Pacs style of fighting has less longevity than the style of Marquez

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                An old saying in boxing is once you stop an opponent its the same outcome in the future!!
                Lennox Lewis (twice) would disagree with you and so would Terry Norris in his second fight with Simon Brown. That was no lucky punch but the fact is, a 5th fight would be exciting and in boxing anything can happen.

Comment

But I would like to see Marquez rise one last weight class and see if he can win at 154. Tall order but I would have a serious problem rating JCC Senior above him if he was successful. Right now JMM is in the same company ATG as Sal Sanchez, JCC, Carlos Zarate. I also think Pippino Cuevas was the best pure devastating Mexican warrior. He was one ***ing brutal puncher. He broke guys bones left and right. Pippino is very underrated. 10 defences of the title, 9 KO's. Only Randy Shields heard the final bell and Randy had a cast iron chin.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    But I would like to see Marquez rise one last weight class and see if he can win at 154. Tall order but I would have a serious problem rating JCC Senior above him if he was successful. Right now JMM is in the same company ATG as Sal Sanchez, JCC, Carlos Zarate. I also think Pippino Cuevas was the best pure devastating Mexican warrior. He was one ***ing brutal puncher. He broke guys bones left and right. Pippino is very underrated. 10 defences of the title, 9 KO's. Only Randy Shields heard the final bell and Randy had a cast iron chin.
                    154 are you serious?! Imagine him in there with canelo, trout, Angulo, or even meet Martinez at this weight.....yeah let's not do that again

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
                      He is get and did win in spectacular fashion, but it seems he even knows that if there is a 5th fight, he had a lot to lose. He can make a lot of money but likely will get TKO'd. Manny solved JMM finally, and was on his way to winning until a lucky punch that would knock anyone out.
                      Actually there was 2 lucky punches!, he knocked him down twice,lol. Honestly, Except for the 3rd fight, there was always a point in each of they're fights where it looked like pacquiao was about to win!. Marquez always came back...

Comment

Working...
                      X