Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez: GOAT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come nobody talks about how Prime JCC lost to Taylor and needed a ref to help him?

If you don't watch HBO Legendary nights and don't get brain washed.

THE REF'S job is to KNOW the time once 10 seconds count is on. Every ref will tell you they know when the 10 second count begins..

So STEELE KNEW 100% THERE WAS AROUND 1-2 SECONDS LEFT....

Comment

• I'm sorry I don't know that much history about JCC.

but didn't he quit against Oscar? Yes or no?

also didn't he lost against Pernell as well? Yes or no

the Randall TD? Controversial? yes or no?

JCC is an ATG.. but I don't think JMM will ever quit.. and he's 39 going on 40.

If you quit once in a fight AT ANY STAGE of your career. imo it really does put a stain on your resume?

Comment

• Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
        How come nobody talks about how Prime JCC lost to Taylor and needed a ref to help him?

If you don't watch HBO Legendary nights and don't get brain washed.

THE REF'S job is to KNOW the time once 10 seconds count is on. Every ref will tell you they know when the 10 second count begins..

So STEELE KNEW 100% THERE WAS AROUND 1-2 SECONDS LEFT....
        The refs job is to ensure the safety of the fighters. 10 or 100 seconds left is irrelevant. Twice Steele asked Taylor if he was OK, twice Taylor failed to acknowledge.

Fight over. Btw, there five seconds left when the fight was waved off. The timekeeper was slow in stopping the clock.

Comment

I'm sorry I don't know that much history about JCC.

If you quit once in a fight AT ANY STAGE of your career. imo it really does put a stain on your resume?
          no man everyone quits, dela hoya did, duran did, tyson did etc... these people are humans.

Comment

• being seen on par with mike tyson means you're doing something right.

Comment

I'm sorry I don't know that much history about JCC.

108 wins and 87 KOs erases stains. 87 wins in a row erases stains. 13 year undefeated streak erases stains (holds the record). 27 successful consecutive defenses of world titles erases stains (holds the record). 37 title fights erases stains (holds the record). 31 title fight victories erases stains (holds the record). 21 title defenses won by knockout erases stains (record tied with Joe Louis).

By the time JMM gets to 87 fights, he should be about 65 years old, if my math is correct. When he gets there, we'll re-evaluate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
                I hear your logic loud and clear. Perhaps Ezzerd was the greatest boxer to ever lace on gloves. Perhaps. Perhaps not. Surely, the same argument can be made for a host of ATGs. George Foreman for one.

The flaw in your logic is that it is subjective and opinions are always debatable. At the end of the day, statistics have to be the difference because they give a factual determination to a fighter's entire career. In this respect Ezzerd doesn't stand a chance with fighters such as Chavez, Robinson, Duran...etc... Number of World Titles, number of Title defenses, length of reign, unbeaten streaks....these are all indicators of true greatness throughout a career.
                Greatness is always gonna be subjective. There's not an equation for greatness. It's not a case of 88 wins = GOAT. It's not a case of "world titles" in 8 divisions = GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Welsh Jon View Post
                  Greatness is always gonna be subjective. There's not an equation for greatness. It's not a case of 88 wins = GOAT. It's not a case of "world titles" in 8 divisions = GOAT.
                  Well more often times than not, you may notice that those that are legitimately talked about as GOAT, have the numbers behind them. In other words, without the numbers....no GOAT. That is a basic equation.

Comment

• Older boxers are allowed shamelessly pad their record. It's unbelievable how two faced boxing fans are. If one of today's fighters pads his record he's considered a bum chaser, the older guys on the other hand can do it all they want. Julio fought a guy who was 6-2 in the middle of his career. What exactly is the excuse for that?

Comment

• Originally posted by croz View Post
                      Older boxers are allowed shamelessly pad their record. It's unbelievable how two faced boxing fans are. If one of today's fighters pads his record he's considered a bum chaser, the older guys on the other hand can do it all they want. Julio fought a guy who was 6-2 in the middle of his career. What exactly is the excuse for that?
                      31 title fight victories does not constitute a pad. That's the kind of granite that greatness is built upon. lol

Comment

Working...
                      X