Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Denies Fifth Pacquiao Fight, No Decision Yet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOW fans supposedly want more stringent drug testing? Funny how much changes in three years. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      I know when a fighter is shook and when he says he has to ask for his wife's permission to fight that means he shook
      how is he shook when he destroyed him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
        NOW fans supposedly want more stringent drug testing? Funny how much changes in three years. LOL
        f0ck extra drug testing ..we are talking about warriors here not floyd type o cowards..

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          Boxing fans want to see a fifth fight and they also want drug testing prior to the bout.

Pacquiao wants another fight, it's all down to Marquez (and of course, money).
          why now,thought that was a cowards excuse..never seen you be for extra drug testing before even tho Manny has turned it down and even filed a lawsuit over it...why now?

Comment

• Originally posted by puga View Post
            f0ck extra drug testing ..we are talking about warriors here not floyd type o cowards..
            Tell it Weebler as he's the one who brought it up and even went so far as to speak for the likes of you wanting it. I just find the irony of it all (and sad, desperate Pacquiao fans screaming "PEDs! PEDs!") absolutely hilarious.

Surely you can see the funny side, puga?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
              NOOOOO! Lewis got KO'd but Pac got put to sleep to the point he looked dead.

What does Floyd have to do with this?!
              It was just an example bud .... Still was a vicious KO where Lennox got rocked and hit his head on the mat. I can name you others such as Roy Jones Jr but I'm sure that you are going to say that Roy was looking "healthier" than Manny or some thing like that .... lol!

The point was that it happens to the best of them.

Yes, I would have preferred that Manny won but as a boxing fan, Manny vs Marquez #4 was an awesome fight. Wished it went longer as it was high drama.

As for Floyd, it was an example of boring, no risk fight that has nothing much to offer. That is, it was the complete opposite of what we witnessed earlier this month.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                Obviously not even close. 3 is clearly debatable, and faaar closer than Bradley. You average those scores out, and JMM 3 is 114-114, while Bradley was 117-111
                Neither scores were legitimate, so no point in quoting them to me.

If Marquez " lost " the 3rd officially, then Pacquiao lost to Bradley.

Marquez won the 3rd fight 8-4, it could have even been 9-3..... I had to try real hard to give Pac 4 rounds in that fight. And the rounds Marquez won were clear, whereas Manny looked lost at times. I had the Bradley closer at 7-5 or 8-4.

This is a ridiculous discussion, Marquez CLEARLY won that fight. I actually think he won the first 3 fights, but only the first 2 are debatable.

4-0

Comment

• [QUOTE=richardt;12872698]
                  Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  NOOOOO! Lewis got KO'd but Pac got put to sleep to the point he looked dead. QUOTE]Terry Norris was torched by Julian Jackson and we know Norris went on to become a reigning champ. I guess you also forgot that Holyfield was knocked out by Bowe and came back to win big fights. It happens. It is how a fighter rises after that which matters.
                  Thanks richardt for helping to explain the obvious to these guys!!!

Comment

• Pacquiao vs Marquez

History will show that there is only one clear victor from their rivalry.....

..... the last man standing.

Comment

• Two good posts.....

This is an excellent post.....

Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
                      First off, Pacquiao certainly did not "give" Marquez 3 matches prior to the latest. The first one, Marquez gave Pacquiao a shot at HIS title. So lets forget that misinformation. Second, Pacquiao didn't "give" any rematches from the goodness of his heart. The fact that he couldn't beat Marquez decisively made those rematches inveitable. Controversial endings and market forces brought those rematches about (controversy alone wasn't enough to get a Pacquiao/Bradley rematch, was it?). Third, the fourth match wouldn't have happened if Cotto had agreed to play his part in making Manny look like superman again by accepting a catchweight fight (AGAIN). That's what Top Rank wanted, not another encounter with Marquez. Seeing as their weren't any decent options after Cotto told them to "do one", Marquez it was. They thought him being a little bit older might mean they could finally beat him. This fourth fight was billed as the one to end all arguments, all controversy and prove who was the better man by a decisive win, even a KO if either man could get it. One man did, so what's the problem?

Arum wants another match because he knows it's a money spinner. He doesn't care who gets seriously hurt and would happily flog both men to death if it mean more money for him.

Pacquiao fans seem to want another match because they can't seem to deal with the way this last fight ended. Not in their wildest dreams did they think it would be Pacquiao lying face down on the canvas. How much money either makes is nothing to us really as doesn't affect our lives so talking about it is moot. People should just be honest and admit that they invested so much in Pacquiao in some weird sycophantic way and can't deal with his being planked. We've had everything from "lucky punches" to "PEDs! PEDs!". So there just HAS to be another match where he can get revenge, right?

Well, I think it's all in Marquez' hands. He doesn't owe anybody anything and has nothing to prove. If he feels like he can do it again and wants to. Cool. If not, both men should just go their separate ways and be happy with giving the fans a great quadrilogy. Pac's fans need to accept it or get some counselling or something.
                      This is funny as hell.....

Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
                      NOW fans supposedly want more stringent drug testing? Funny how much changes in three years. LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X