No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Denies Fifth Pacquiao Fight, No Decision Yet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
    Agree.... My point here is, was Marquez outboxing Pacquiao before the KO?
    Like i said, no excuses. Some of you guy talk like if Marquez was outboxing Pacquiao since round 1. Same guys who were crying for Pacquiao to give Marquez a rematch.
    Some of you guys must realize that pac was having more success than ever in those three or four rounds (and got a 1 point advantage by middle fight lmao!) just because JMM was shooting for the knock out. He took the risk of giving rounds away for the sake of putting Pacquiao to sleep, and he did it, like a BOSS. Pacquiao did not and wont get credit for stuff he didnīt do.

Comment

• Its a tough choice for JMM you know he's thinking I can make the lions share make my demands and probably knock this guy out even easier because lets face it Manny for whatever reason no longer has the punch resistance to JMMs right hands,
      Jmm was in a war and had to take some serious shots to get that ko, it was perfectley set up two half steps back and he walked manny into it ,was a very short punch which made all the difference.
      but on the other hand what if he gets robbed again? Jmm was having a rough round but he never wavers when hes hurt,this whole notion that manny had him out is bs , he obviousley was nOT hurt to perfectley set that shot up,its the same mistake soo many JMM victims fall for they think hes more hurt than he really is and they wind up getting KTFO ,After seeing Maanny knocked down then out a 5th fight would be very favorable to JMM ,it doesnt matter what Manny does JMM always kicks it up that extra notch,cant box because he gets out-boxed cant brawl because hell get iced. The only factor here is JMM will be 40 yrs old.
      Frankly Manny is a total idiot to want to fight JMM again it would be the end for him if it isnt already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantomas View Post
        Some of you guys must realize that pac was having more success than ever in those three or four rounds (and got a 1 point advantage by middle fight lmao!) just because JMM was shooting for the knock out. He took the risk of giving rounds away for the sake of putting Pacquiao to sleep, and he did it, like a BOSS. Pacquiao did not and wont get credit for stuff he didnīt do.
        I agree,I wont say JMM deliberatley took shots,because no fighter does that,butI will say his strategy in this fight was far different it was to go for that ko shot which he practiced for months ,remember when they shut the 24-7 cameras off in JMM sparring? JMM always landed that rt hand on Manny almost at will but this time Manny was stood still a bit longer hesitated at times made more mistakes and JMM was hitting much harder and cleanly,to me Pacmans chin is gone which at one point was considered Granite happens to all the great to me it was just too many JMM fights for Manny,as well as others.
        Manny is slipping he was at his peak vs Clottey and Margs and since then his output has fallen by as much as 500 punches!a steady steady decline,I say that margs fight took something away hell never get back.

Comment

• i actually know marquezs niece, she got my gloves signed, i myself have told her to tell him to retire, and alot of his fam is doing the same, hopefully he listens, nothing more to prove, only fight i would want to see would be him and danny garcia in mexico

Comment

• Originally posted by lilducer22 View Post
            i actually know marquezs niece, she got my gloves signed, i myself have told her to tell him to retire, and alot of his fam is doing the same, hopefully he listens, nothing more to prove, only fight i would want to see would be him and danny garcia in mexico
            NO Mang !! ONE more fight, no one needs to be afraid that Pac will do the same thing to JMM that he did to Pac,,,,,its only right, I mean Mang, Hey , JMM went to the P.'s and made mockery begging for a fight the least JMM should do is give Pac that last fight.

IF he KO's Pac again he nails the coffin, but if his face is beat to S### then what??

just so you know I pull for JMM when he is not fighting Pac. I think JMM is a P4P fighter, a Mexican GREAT !!!!

I just want to see him do that again,,,,,,,,,if he can

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
              It is not about what a fighter deserves, it is about the business side something you know nothing about. JMM deserves more but that is not how business works.
              Actually, the "business" is only a business when the public buys the product and it's no secret that Mexican fans are one of the biggest, if not the biggest, boxing supporters here and in Mexico. Why do you think the biggest ppv dates are during Mexican holidays. That and that alone would entitle Marquez to a 50/50 purse split, but we do know Arum will try to blackball Marquez.

Comment

• Yeah Marquez...... you passed the NSAC BS urine test. Take some blood test then talk.

Comment

• Originally posted by jr2122 View Post
                  Actually, the "business" is only a business when the public buys the product and it's no secret that Mexican fans are one of the biggest, if not the biggest, boxing supporters here and in Mexico. Why do you think the biggest ppv dates are during Mexican holidays.
                  No, it has nothing to do with a fan base, it has to do with the revenue of the fighter on PPV's. Floyd and Pac are larger than life and pull in the numbers against whoever and whenever they fight. The numbers are increased during Cinco De Mayo because of an undercard with Mexican fighters and a Hispanic fighter in the main event but the fact is, JMM will never pull the numbers that Floyd and Pac do. But he is worthy of those numbers. JMM is a truly great fighter who has fought everyone, a Boxing icon and role model. He deserves more than Pac in a rematch, but Pac is the one who pulls the numbers on PPV' and THAT dictates who gets what. Marquez can decline the fight unless they offer him the same or more than Pac but he will be declined and the business sense proves that. JMM could never in a million years draw PPV numbers like Pac or Floyd. THAT is the business side. Not fair but it is real.
                  Last edited by richardt; 12-30-2012, 12:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
                    NO Mang !! ONE more fight, no one needs to be afraid that Pac will do the same thing to JMM that he did to Pac,,,,,its only right, I mean Mang, Hey , JMM went to the P.'s and made mockery begging for a fight the least JMM should do is give Pac that last fight.

IF he KO's Pac again he nails the coffin, but if his face is beat to S### then what??

just so you know I pull for JMM when he is not fighting Pac. I think JMM is a P4P fighter, a Mexican GREAT !!!!

I just want to see him do that again,,,,,,,,,if he can
                    The "fans" forget Marquez is 39 years old, if it was up to pacquiao fans they would fight until he finally gets his KO, so what does that say about their fighter? How much glory is there really from knocking out a 40 year old man that already knocked out your fighter? Just saying... It was a great victory but, IMO, Marquez is fighting on borrowed time, he's not a defensive fighter like Hopkins.

Comment

• But I hold JMM in higher regard than Pac and Floyd for the simple reason that he fought BOTH Pac and Floyd when niether Pac nor Floyd would fight each other and BOTH those guys made excuses for not fighting each other. JMM can retire some day knowing he fought both guys when all they had were excuses for not fighting each other. That makes JMM pretty damn special because NO ONE can say he ever ducked a fighter. He fought BOTH.

Comment

Working...
                      X