Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will the Mayweather camp and fans hype up the Ghost?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by happyman View Post
    im American as well, but I dont really feel the need to support this ****ty fight.
    1st. I'd like to see your breakdown of why this is such a ****ty fight.

2nd. Both fighters are American, so you shouldnt have a problem showing some nationalistic pride and showing your support for two of our outstanding athletes.

Yes??????

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
      1st. I'd like to see your breakdown of why this is such a ****ty fight.

2nd. Both fighters are American, so you shouldnt have a problem showing some nationalistic pride and showing your support for two of our outstanding athletes.

Yes??????
      nvm dude u changed my mind. this will be FOTY and totally worth $70. WARFLOYD

Comment

Originally posted by happyman View Post
        nvm dude u changed my mind. this will be FOTY and totally worth $70. WARFLOYD
        GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! You just made me a happy man. I'll send you a PM with the directions to the house. You can watch the fight here on the big screen in the family room and eat and drink what ever you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Ged21 View Post
          The flip side of that mentality is that no matter who floyd fights there is going to be criticism. If i asked you, who would satisfy you as Floyd's opponent for May 4th, somebody else would come in here and rip that opponent. The fact of the matter is floyd's opponent will be someone with a name on HBO, someone who is Hispanic, and someone who is willing to take the smallest percentage of the purse while still making the most money in his life. As fans sometimes this is disappointing but thats how it is. You can either choose to intelligently express your dissatisfaction, you can choose to not buy or watch the ppv, or you can choose to just enjoy the fight for what it is. This is the politics of the sport and no matter how sarcastic and condescending these threads get, nothing will ever change that.
          ^^Exactly! there is NO opponent that could satisfy some people on here. That's just the way it is. People who dislike him won't like him no matter what he does and the same goes for those who do like him.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidFire_Royce View Post
            ^^Exactly! there is NO opponent that could satisfy some people on here. That's just the way it is. People who dislike him won't like him no matter what he does and the same goes for those who do like him.
            Floyd/Pacquiao 2yrs ago would have satisfied every single boxing fan. Too bad Floyd and Arum seemed more interested in playing games than getting serious about making the fight a reality.

Comment

Throw Floyd in with my boy Culcay, he'd leave Floyd spitting out the mouthpiece and calling it a career. He'd make Canelo look like a noob b4 the KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
                Hype? Please, there's little need for such theatrics, Floyd's fights sell because he can put on a show. Realistically, with the defeat of Manny Pacquiao, there isn't much out there for Floyd, but he's still intent on fighting so he has to choose someone. The fact that it won't be Manny he's fighting is already a strike against him because a replacement will never be good enough.

Meh, it is what it is.
                I'm not sure why that makes any difference, he wasn't going to fight him anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  I'm not sure why that makes any difference, he wasn't going to fight him anyway.
                  The idea was still viable to some fans, his KO made even that nothing more than well, a wisp of smoke.

Comment

I actually think this is the first fight in a long time where Floyd hasn't picked the easiest opponent. Although I don't think he or most of the boxing fans know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Thornton Melon
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by -Kev-

Guerrero is the best WW opponent for Floyd right now.

The true best opponent at WW right now, is JMM, who Floyd already beat and let's face it, you would criticize that fight too. So shut up, wait for May 4th, stream or buy the PPV and then come back here to make another thread, among the countless other threads whining and b-tching about Floyd after May 4th.

Are you saying that after Floyd beat Cotto that you were saying, man I hope he fights the Ghost next.
                      just four years ago he was saying Cotto didn't deserve to fight Floyd.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X