No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Believes Pacquiao vs. Marquez 5 Will Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newyorican_papi View Post
    I'm really upset with Pacman for the whole simple fact that he even chose to take this fourth fight. He was 2-0-1 with Marquez and had nothing to prove with him anymore. He ruined his career because of this KO. Nobody comes back from a KO like that ever the same.
    Pacquaio had no choice. Bob Arum told him that the only way he was going to get the type of money that he wanted was to fight Marquez again. Arum wasn't going to pay him that kind of money to fight Bradley again. Cotto turned down another catchweight fight for the same money he was paid for the first fight and there was no way Arum was going to make a fight with Mayweather. Now, a fight with Marquez is the only option available to Pacquaio. A Mayweather fight, in which he would have made a minimum of $60 million is off the table. He would get paid peanuts (for Pacquaio) to fight Rios and he would probably only make the guaranteed money for a Bradley fight since only one-third of the 600,000 people who purchased the first fight would purchase it again. So now, Pacquaio will only be allowed to fight Marquez for the rest of his career, however long it lasts because he completely f..cked himself by turning down a Mayweather fight twice.

Comment

I wanna see the fight..I don't want pac to go like that..especially against marquez..but I dont think JMM wants a 5th fight.

Comment

Make. It. Happen. I can't wait.

Comment

Pac told Merchant right after the fight that he straight up wanted a rematch

JMM told the media day and weeks after that hes gonna let his wife and kids determine his career

Its obvious Marquez is scared cuz he knows he was getting his ass kicked and got lucky

Comment

I don't mind watching the 5th fight if it ever happens, 5th fight will definitely be another war. IMO, Pac needs to take his title back from Tim B, to lure JMM since it will makes more sense to fight Pac for the Welterweight title plus a bigger purse.

I don't think Pac is done yet but another loss will affect his legacy as a boxer. Either be as dedicated as JMM to boxing or just stick to politics, can't have both world all the time.

Ali and Lewis got KO'd before and those KO losses don't even crosses my mind and didn't hurt their stature, Pac got KO'd several times and he always rises but this time, Pac has to decide if he's a boxer or somebody else otherwise, JMM will knock him out again.

...and Pac should stop listening to Arum!

Comment

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
              Maybe SCARED people. Marquez got a huge victory over Pacquiao and it's OK if he retires....BUT, before the KO, they know what was happening. Pacquiao was starting to punish Marquez.

Yo man, love that Pac Marquez painting on your sig.. Who did it and do you know if the artist is selling them?

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post

JMM told the media day and weeks after that hes gonna let his wife and kids determine his career

Its obvious Marquez is scared cuz he knows he was getting his ass kicked and got lucky
                Come on stop with that Marquez has been campaigning for this fight for a long time he was behind on the scorecards yes but isn't this always the story Juan behind on the scorecards but coming in on the end and winning on points Marquez has been proving all along that he is the only opponent who hasn't and never fought scared against pacquiao you're biased my friend if Marquez was lucky on the knockdowns than pacquiao was more lucky to win on points and score knockdowns as well with Marquez he meaning Marquez has been proving all along how he can overcome adversity getting knocked down hard from other fighters and getting up and winning the fight from younger fighters Marquez has been saying all along how he won all their previous fights and he proved it this time leaving no doubt he didn't leave it in the judges hands its closure my friend PAC said before the fight there would be no excuses afterwards and he lost cause he fought careless Marquez on the other hand didn't fight careless and won so get over it

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing a fifth fight but hey man Marquez has been saying all along how he won all their previous fights and this is closure he left no doubt real talk no other fight needed between the two the fact is Marquez can recover from hard knockdowns and pacquiao can't sure arum wants a fifth fight maybe manny does to but let's face it he won't be the same fighter if him and Juan fight again he will be real hesitant and Marquez will be able to pick him apart even more I'm not saying pacquiao is done I'm just saying if they fight again it will be a berry patch for Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by Muscles72 View Post
                      I wouldn't mind seeing a fifth fight but hey man Marquez has been saying all along how he won all their previous fights and this is closure he left no doubt real talk no other fight needed between the two the fact is Marquez can recover from hard knockdowns and pacquiao can't sure arum wants a fifth fight maybe manny does to but let's face it he won't be the same fighter if him and Juan fight again he will be real hesitant and Marquez will be able to pick him apart even more I'm not saying pacquiao is done I'm just saying if they fight again it will be a berry patch for Marquez.
                      Cool, so you can make major money betting, and if you don't like Pac you get to see him koed again. As for Juan, he's made great money compared to me and you, but very little compared to Pac and Floyd. This is the first time he can request purse parity with a superstar. He can probably double his career total in 2 fights. That'll generally get a fighter motivated.

Comment

Working...
                      X