Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Believes Pacquiao vs. Marquez 5 Will Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really upset with Pacman for the whole simple fact that he even chose to take this fourth fight. He was 2-0-1 with Marquez and had nothing to prove with him anymore. He ruined his career because of this KO. Nobody comes back from a KO like that ever the same.

Comment

Did we really expect anything else?

I would love for Bob to enforce VADA style testing and Pacman to say "NO NEED, I WANT REVENGE"

Marquez vs. Pacquiao 5 Who's juice is stronger...

Whos in?

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        How often do you see people crying over a certain rematch of a FOTY caliber fight? And all these Marquez "fans" eager to deny him a well earned payday. Damn how quickly they forget the name of the game.
        Maybe SCARED people. Marquez got a huge victory over Pacquiao and it's OK if he retires....BUT, before the KO, they know what was happening. Pacquiao was starting to punish Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
          Maybe SCARED people. Marquez got a huge victory over Pacquiao and it's OK if he retires....BUT, before the KO, they know what was happening. Pacquiao was starting to punish Marquez.
          This is non stop boxing. Stop making so much sense, you'll either confuse people or have a bunch of kids call you an idiot for having an unbiased opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by newyorican_papi View Post
            I'm really upset with Pacman for the whole simple fact that he even chose to take this fourth fight. He was 2-0-1 with Marquez and had nothing to prove with him anymore. He ruined his career because of this KO. Nobody comes back from a KO like that ever the same.
            He never intended to fight Marquez a 4th time in the first place. Pac was trying to get a rematch with Miguel Cotto at a catchweight again. The hang up was that Cotto refused to drain himself again and decided to fight Trout. We all know that there was no money to fight Bradley in a rematch, so his next option was to fight Marquez. Pac knew that was the only way to get the money he wanted since Cotto declined. Heck, even Arum came out and criticized Cotto be saying he was scared to take another beating from Manny. The whole objective was to get Pac in the ring with someone who would make him look good, since many fans complained that Pac hadnt looked good in his last few fights. If Cotto had agreed, Pac would have beat him up again, and the Pac train would still be rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
              Perhaps you should try to look at things more objectively. Was Marquez just looking for a knockout? IMO bad gameplan considering he's never really hurt Pac ever before. Perhaps he was taking more damage because Pac was leaping in less and was harder to counter when he crept in more cautiously. Your last two sentences contradict each other, obviously Pac changed tactics up a bit and paid for deviating from those tactics.
              Actually, Marquez is the only one that has been able to stun pacquiao, in every fight. But he's always been content with out boxing him but in this fight he knew it wouldn't be enough, regardless of anybody's opinion on the judges past decisions. He has always been able to counter PAC and in this fight it was no different, he caught him with at least 3 huge rights, two dropped him; he also went to the body strong to compliment those shots. Pacquiao is fast and his feints are hard to time because he's throwing a 1-2 behind them but it was inevitable the way he was lunging in the whole night. I'm not saying I expected that kind of KO but I wasn't counting Marquez out. Another thing, PAC had his shot to take Marquez out in the 5th but he did a poor job trying to finish him, not going to the body once.

Comment

Originally posted by sceneboxing View Post
                This is non stop boxing. Stop making so much sense, you'll either confuse people or have a bunch of kids call you an idiot for having an unbiased opinion.
                Lmao...I realized that. But it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
                  Until he went full ****** and Marquez perfectly timed that counter.
                  I'm fine with a rematch, you can't deny these two were meant to face each other. I'm also fine with Marquez retiring with a stunning last win.

Comment

Originally posted by noStylez View Post
                    Until he went full ****** and Marquez perfectly timed that counter. I'm fine with a rematch, you can't deny these two were meant to face each other. I'm also fine with Marquez retiring with a stunning last win.
                    Like i said before....retiring is the smarter decision. But as a boxing fan, i feel like we NEED a 5th. Before that perfect shot, the fight was already a classic.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
                      He already got the payday and pay back you moron and he is past his dam prime get it through your pig head it's over. Jmm is basically 40 yrs old and only butt hurt PAC turds want to see PAC try to ko an even more older jmm. PAC had his chance but couldn't do it in 4 fights and it back fired on his face like diarrhea. Jmm has nothing to prove period.
                      Hey champ, do you the difference between 6m and 18m? Maybe Floyd should have retired right after DLH, he got the payday lmao.

Comment

Working...
                      X