Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will the casuals remember most about Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's easy. And I quote "his awesome speed & power".

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
      no such place exisit, but on earth that how it will go down.
      It exists on earth. It's a state of mind that affects idiots.

Comment

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words.....

Manny pacquiao has had a full and robust career. His fans are well aware of his many victories, but in the world of the media, especially social media like Facebook and Twitter, images get communicated and embedded in our social consciousness instantaneously.

Take this photo of President Obama and the first lady:

Once this photo was tweeted it made history and created a lasting image. Similarly the image of Manny Pacquiao lying on his face created a lasting image in not just boxing but all of sports:

To boxing fans the image of the "invincible" Manny Pacquiao lying on his face was unthinkable, therefore the image itself was made even more potent. It's a shame that this is the image that will dominate his career but it will, just as the man that caused it has been a thorn is Manny's side for years. The rivalry between the two fighters has really defined both of their careers and for one to have such a powerful and emphatic victory over the other tips the scales, that were even, more profoundly in Marquez's direction.

This image of Pacquiao will forever dominate his career.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
          He will be rembered as the guy mayweather was scared of. Pretty much what casuals fans think already.
          depends on who you ask homie....Pac MIGHT be remembered more for refusing the blood test...just sayin!!

Comment

one word really Legand

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
              It's sad that in this day and age people are so worried about fighters having an 0 that to the casuals he'll only be remembered as laying face down on the canvas.
              It's not true tho, just what flomos are trying to project in an effort deflect from the fact Mayweather flat out ducked the guy fighting the likes of Victor Ortiz and Robert Guerrero instead.

Some people are forgetting Manny Pacquiao hasn't retired. He will be back and will again KO other fighters. It's just the latest chapter in the glittering career of the fighter of the decade.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                It's not true tho, just what flomos are trying to project in an effort deflect from the fact Mayweather flat out ducked the guy fighting the likes of Victor Ortiz and Robert Guerrero instead.

Some people are forgetting Manny Pacquiao hasn't retired. He will be back and will again KO other fighters. It's just the latest chapter in the glittering career of the fighter of the decade.
                I see your point and I agree 100%. To the casual Floyd fans who believe the 0 is the end all be all, they're looking at it as a victory for Floyd because he's never lost or hasn't been stopped, which I don't agree with. They're showing more credit to Floyd for still having the 0 than to Pacquiao for willing to fight the best. I still think Floyd will whoop Pac if they fought but it's obvious Floyd isn't confident in himselft and wants to go out with the 0 and I agree it's clear he's been ducking him. I think Pac still has 2 or 3 good fights in him. He won't be the same boxer he was before but that doesn't mean he'll get KO'd again, I just don't see anyone else doing that.

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but I actually started becoming kind of "anti-pacquiao" after he was refusing the tests. I think he later agreed on taking the tests to salvage his name. Im sure that they took on marquez because they figured he was hitting 40 yrs old, and how could he possibly beat pac now? It made the victory even more sweet! The casual fans that I know feel that marquez is the better fighter, but pacquiao is a superior athlete. Pacquiao beat guys that marquez wouldn't be able to! Cotto,Margarito,De la holla,etc.

Comment

well if they've only been watching pac's recent career then they'll probably remember pac as the little guy that was beating up on bigger guys (de la hoya, hatton, cotto, margarito, etc.), of course the KO would be hard to forget, but i don't think it's main thing they'll remember about pac especially if they consider themselves to be a fan of him...

Comment

The only way to smooth a bad memory is to replace it with a more spectacular one.

Humiliation

Brutality

Comment

Working...
                      X