No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Golovkin Ripped, Putting in Work For Rosado

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check View Post
    You're crazy if you think Rosado is that good. I doubt he can beat any of those guys you listed.
    Lara is the only one that gives him trouble out that bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
      You're crazy if you think Rosado is that good. I doubt he can beat any of those guys you listed.
      You don't think he can beat K9? How many times have you seen Rosado fight?

Comment

Comment

I think Rosado wont make it beyond the fourth but whatever, good luck.

Comment

GGG always looks like a positive person, smiling and on good mood, that´s a good sign for an athlete. Not worrying and consuming his energy on negative stuff, always concentrated on boxing. But I guess it´s because he knows he´s good, too good.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              So where is he then? C-level, D-level? I think he's a top 10 LMW and would've beat K9 had he decided to stay there. At worst, he's a C+ and at best a B-. Is Golovkin still a world-class fighter if he loses or struggles with Rosado?

at junior middleweight i'd call him a fringe contender. he's fought one world class fighter, and that was alfredo angulo. he beat ouma when ouma had lost his last three meaningful fights, and was coming off of a W over a guy who was 13 - 18. it was a split decision to boot.

he's looked decent of late, but he was fighting the likes of charles whitaker, powell, and the welterweight jesus soto karass. he even had some ugly patches against powell early in that fight if i remember correctly.

if rosado is in the fight in the least i'd be worried about golovkin's prospects of really doing anything meaningful in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                Please tell me what he's shown you since the GGG star was born. I'll wait....?.............?.......... Its much worse than even Khan's following when they prematurely made him heir to the thrown. I don't know if he can take a punch. He tires quickly. He admires punches. His hands get ridiculously slow in the mid to late rounds. All Rosado has to do is bank rounds early with his jab and then load up on left hooks after the 6th and he'll knock him out. See on the 20th bub.
                Sya on 20th brother. We're all free to have our opinions. It takes a bit of courage to stand behind your words. I'll be first to admit that I was wrong and you are great analist and see what us mortals can not see. In case Rosado wins by KO.
                I was cheering Golovkin from his amateur career. He was dropping (in amateur gloves - people who boxed know what it means) current well established fighters during Olimpics and WC. Bute, Dirrel etc. Those guys are 168s now. He has great honed technique, very well schooled. Pure speed is not his asset but he has great timing. He reminds me of Kostia Tsu. He actually shows the same mistake - he's fairly open in order to land his shot. But thing is that Golovkin has much better chin than Kostia had. This guy has never (read - never) been down in his entire career. Main thing is his devestating power. This guy hurts with a glazing shot. He hurts hands blocking his punches. He always sparr with much bigger guys. Still they run away because its a tough job. Very well known guys (higher weight devision) who sparred with him say same thing: "This guy has very serious pop in his punches"
                I have different view of Proksa than you. This guy was highly prised for his speed and movement and he can punch. He KO'ed Silvester - when Geal won title from Silvester it was a close fight that Geal won on points. Proksa never been down in his pro career. Did he go down from GGG shots.
                Struggle with Ouma. It's documented that Gena spent two night prior to fight sleeping in airport (thanks to his management at that time) and had flu. After the fight he said "I could barely see him and legs and hands weighted like I a tone or something. So I was just throwing shots in his direction. This was enough that eventualy (after looking very good and sharp first several rounds) Ouma was badly hurt by accumulation of punches that landed on block, partly blocked, glazing etc. Than he started to fall apart and took a couple of cleaner shots and was very badly hurt when he was waived out. Ouma went straight to hospital and had multiple traumas and spend considerable time there. To me Gena is like next Kostia and can do as well as Tsu did. And he has more power and better chin.

Talk on 20th my friend.

I actually feel for Rosado - he may never be the same.

Cheers
                Ted
                Last edited by TudorMiron; 12-28-2012, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Golovkin SUCKS.

Everyone knows the biggest threat at 160 Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    at junior middleweight i'd call him a fringe contender. he's fought one world class fighter, and that was alfredo angulo. he beat ouma when ouma had lost his last three meaningful fights, and was coming off of a W over a guy who was 13 - 18. it was a split decision to boot.

he's looked decent of late, but he was fighting the likes of charles whitaker, powell, and the welterweight jesus soto karass. he even had some ugly patches against powell early in that fight if i remember correctly.

if rosado is in the fight in the least i'd be worried about golovkin's prospects of really doing anything meaningful in boxing.
                    His competition hasn't been stellar, but I do like the way he's been performing as of late. Soto-Karass/Powell/Whittaker all brought something different to the table and it forced him to develop his skill-set. He has consistently shown improvement and he has shown to be versatile in his attack. He has the physical attributes and some skill to go along with them, and has shown the tenacity to successfully regroup from his losses. I think if he comes with an intelligent game-plan, he can potentially walk away with the W. He said he's coming for the KO, but I'm sure that his trainer will be in his ear all night to use his reach. GGG's biggest advantage is his overall boxing experience, and he could render Rosado's physical strengths useless. I won't think any less of the loser.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      It's the shape of his head I guess, too funny
                      yeah it is

Comment

Working...
                      X