No announcement yet.

floyd beat cotto, trout beat cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
    If all this is true, then explain why Pacquiao wouldn't fight him at the weight. Explain why he needed a catchweight- AGAIN (We know you can't/won't).
    I've already tried explaining this to you. It's a simple matter of principle, Pac is not fighting at 154 ever. Doesn't matter if it's Cotto or Matt Hatton or Lara, he's done moving up, as of his 7th weightclass. Clear?

He first offers Cotto 147, not a CW. Cotto responds, says be a man, offer 150 like you did to Marg. Pac offers 150, which is a very fair weight for Cotto. Cotto declines, blames weight and money. Meanwhile takes a fight for 5 times less, is way undersized, and storms off when scores read.

Comment

Canelo not fighting Trout.

Mayweather v Trout is the fight boxing fans want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Cotto's best weight. Not his best weight.

When you're coming in at 151, 154 probably isn't your best weight.
        When you're asking for a 150 CW and 160 rehydration limit against a fringe, medically unfit SWW, 154 is probably not your best weight either.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
          So Floyd should always just takes the fight that makes him the most money, forgoing legacy and fighting best. You would stop supporting him because he took on a tougher challenge which wouldn't earn him as much money? Wow.
          Originally posted by happyman View Post
          wait you would stop being a floyd fan if he fought trout? under what circumstances? that makes no sense to me. trout is a much tougher opponent than the former featherweight guerrero
          Yes he should always take the fight that makes the most money. More times than not the most lucrative fight is a challenge worth watching. And no I wouldn't stop being a fan because he fights Trout. I would stop being a fan if he fights Trout just to cater to haters. All these Trout discussions go to show one thing I've been trying to prove for years. It doesn't matter who Floyd beats y'all will create a monster in boxing that he's ducking. Other fighters are allowed to close chapters. Maywwather's book is one on going chapter. Until he finds a way to do it with one arm and his eyes closed it won't suffice.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
            Yes he should always take the fight that makes the most money. More times than not the most lucrative fight is a challenge worth watching. And no I wouldn't stop being a fan because he fights Trout. I would stop being a fan if he fights Trout just to cater to haters. All these Trout discussions go to show one thing I've been trying to prove for years. It doesn't matter who Floyd beats y'all will create a monster in boxing that he's ducking. Other fighters are allowed to close chapters. Maywwather's book is one on going chapter. Until he finds a way to do it with one arm and his eyes closed it won't suffice.
            Then why did he skip out on Pac and Canelo??

Comment

he doesn't have to do any of that, defending his title against a legit SWW will do. Trout is good cause he's coming off a high profile win, and is his mandatory challenger. Sergio would be better even at 154 IMO. Canelo would be ok too, but would be way better if Canelo beat anyone worthy.

Comment

It doesn't matter who Floyd beats y'all will create a monster in boxing that he's ducking. Other fighters are allowed to close chapters. Maywwather's book is one on going chapter. Until he finds a way to do it with one arm and his eyes closed it won't suffice.
                I don't know what your issue is here. If a fighter wins a fight, people look to the next fight and if a fighter is active he is obliged to take the fight people want to see. The only way you close a chapter in boxing is retiring for good.

What do you want to see if a fighter wins a fight? you want him to take the rest of his career off ducking legit threats and screwing other fighters with weight? If any fighter does that, he gets called on it.

Boxing fans are about the sport, not the protection of one fighter to cherrypick at will - that's a nuthugger.
                Last edited by Weebler I; 01-03-2013, 02:33 AM.

Comment

If I was a Canelo fan I would rather them fight each other as well LOL

Comment

Floyds book has many chapters. One each for the prime welterweights he avoided, Margarito, Cotto, Williams and Pacquiao. There are also chapters where he brought up guys from up to two weight classes lower, and now you're pining for another chapter with a career fw.

Why is it considered bad for Floyd, who is a 154 lb, undefeated champion, to take on another undefeated 154 lb black champion in his prime?

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
                      If I was a Canelo fan I would rather them fight each other as well LOL
                      But you're a floyd stan who wants canelo and trout to beat up each other so Floyd can claim the victory.

Comment

Working...
                      X