Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is HBO'S BIAS ALL ABOUT THE NUMBERS OR PERSONAL LIKES AND DISLIKES?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is HBO'S BIAS ALL ABOUT THE NUMBERS OR PERSONAL LIKES AND DISLIKES?

We know that Manny Pcaquiao is/was the poster child of HBO yet his numbers are lower than those of Floyd's, but it is Floyd that is guilty of everything and anything.

When Floyd asked for stronger testing HBO considered it a non-issue, meaning that steroids are not the issue but the issue is that Floyd wasn't fighting the fights. When Pacman gets knocked out all of a sudden Jim Lampley has become the Gabe Montoya of mainstream boxing. All of this because Roach said that Marquez was on PEDS?

Why have the Klitschko been pretty much banned from the HBO waves when they have the highest ratings? Vitaly vs Arreola had 2.1 rating. Isn't HBO a commercial giant that is concerned about numbers only and that's where their bias should lie? Apparently not. I think Vitaly and Wlad can be just as good poster men for boxing than Manny is. They speak more languages than Pacquiao and arguably better English, they represent the sport with respect and they are just as dominant. They do not gamble, beat up women, drink alcohol and so on and so forth like Floyd and Manny and maybe that's why.

I think HBO goes with their personal taste in how a fighter fights and that's wrong. They prefer how Manny Pacquiao fights over Floyd and the Klitschkos even though he brings in lesser numbers. Forget about journalistic integrity, they have lost that long time ago, where is their business integrity? Are the people at the top that stupid that they allow the HBO broadcasters to spew propaganda against the fighters that bring them the most money?

What do you guys think, is it just the boxing style of Pacquiao that they like or smth else too?
    Last edited by pesticid; 12-26-2012, 09:17 AM.

both........

Comment

depends on if the bias is hate driven or not i suppose.

Comment

i think they have figured out there are fans of 2 kinds ones that will tune in because they like a fighter and another because they hate the fighter. with a fighter like mayweather i think the hate is designed to get more people to watch in the sense to hopefully see him lose. i think they have realized 3 out of 5 mayweather fans hate him.

Comment

Working...
        X