Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BoxingScene’s 2012 Year End Awards: Fighter of the Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Donaire deserves it, he did put a lot of hard work and dedication.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      I don't think the steroids are relevant here but the prob I have is that he simply scored a KO on a guy he was losing to. And that's it. KO of the year? YES! But you don't earn FOTY on one punch. You earn it by doing exactly what Donaire did.
      I couldn't agree with you more but when it comes to the higher people behind close door, the peds thing is going to be brought up. We just don't hear it because it's just us fans arguing with eachother. Behind close door with the knowledgeable people, many suspect if Marquez is clean because he's working with a known peds sciencetist trainer.

Comment

Where is DOTY aka duck of the year = floyd got that hands down

Comment

Cong**** to Nonito! Working his way up is only logical. Cant wait to see if he keeps his power as he goes up in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by GUEVARA View Post
            Where is DOTY aka duck of the year = floyd got that hands down
            Damn bro, tighten up this ain't even a Floyd thread lol

Comment

I'm okay with Donaire getting this award.

Comment

I don't agree with Donaire getting this award. Sure, he fought four times, but the competition wasn't great, and it was the only competition available to him, considering the promotional feuding. Everyone has been calling for Rigondeaux or Mares. The Nishioka win is a good win, though. However, his other fights were against C or B- fighters. Going into all four of those fights, Donaire was favored to beat those opponents. So, he didn't really surprise anyone with his performances. Also, I feel as if he is being awarded for his stance on drug testing. What does that have to with being fighter of the year? This is a good thing, but fighter of the year should be based on their performance inside the ring and not for things they do outside of it. Why is it such a big deal all of a sudden, though? Sure, fighters got caught in the past couple of months. But, suddenly there is more clamor about drug testing and cheating since there has been in a very long time. I don't even think it got this bad when Pacquiao was being accused, since it seemed only Mayweather was talking about it. I think it's unfortunate that Marquez gets criticized badly for his performance against Pacquiao, since the same wasn't said about Pacquiao during his dominant victories over bigger fighters. Anyway, I think Marquez deserves the fighter of the year based on accomplishments in the ring. No accomplishment is bigger than his victory over Pacquiao. Donaire's collective efforts in four fights are not greater than Marquez knockout heard round the world. Marquez alone destroyed the Super Fight the world waited for and put a halt to one of the two Mega Stars of boxing. The Pacquiao train came to a halt because of Marquez alone. Maybe, people will appreciate what this knockout means once we see how 2013 plays out for both of these fighters. But, it seems intuitive tw=o award the fighter of the year to Marquez, given what he did to a top 5 P4P fighter and how he did it.
                Last edited by Null; 12-26-2012, 05:31 AM.

Comment

I wonder if the Ring will follow suit with this Espn and HBO......

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
                    I don't agree with Donaire getting this award. Sure, he fought four times, but the competition wasn't great, and it was the only competition available to him, considering the promotional feuding. Everyone has been calling for Rigondeaux or Mares. The Nishioka win is a good win, though. However, his other fights were against C or B- fighters. Going into all four of those fights, Donaire was favored to beat those opponents. So, he didn't really surprise anyone with his performances. Also, I feel as if he is being awarded for his stance on drug testing. What does that have to with being fighter of the year? This is a good thing, but fighter of the year should be based on their performance inside the ring and not for things they do outside of it. Why is it such a big deal all of a sudden, though? Sure, fighters got caught in the past couple of months. But, suddenly there is more clamor about drug testing and cheating since there has been in a very long time. I don't even think it got this bad when Pacquiao was being accused, since it seemed only Mayweather was talking about it. I think it's unfortunate that Marquez gets criticized badly for his performance against Pacquiao, since the same wasn't said about Pacquiao during his dominant victories over bigger fighters. Anyway, I think Marquez deserves the fighter of the year based on accomplishments in the ring. No accomplishment is bigger than his victory over Pacquiao. Donaire's collective efforts in four fights are not greater than Marquez knockout heard round the world. Marquez alone destroyed the Super Fight the world waited for and put a halt to one of the two Mega Stars of boxing. The Pacquiao train came to a halt because of Marquez alone. Maybe, people will appreciate what this knockout means once we see how 2013 plays out for both of these fighters. But, it seems intuitive tw=o award the fighter of the year to Marquez, given what he did to a top 5 P4P fighter and how he did it.
                    In his weight class who wouldn't he be favored to beat???

There are other awards for Marquez to collect..... I don't think sole ownership of FOTY is one of them

Comment

I'M PROUD TO SAY, I'M ONE OF DONAIRE'S FAN!

Keep up the good work!
                      I've always said that Best fighters don't worry if his opponent is on PED's or not!

Merry X'mas & Happy New Year to all...

Comment

Working...
                      X