• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donaires opposition was a joke

JMM gets it

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
      Donaire was a clear favorite against everyone he fought this year. Also none of his opponents fought back. To me JMM is hands down the fighter of the year. Knocking out Pacquiao is an achievement that far eclipses cleaning out 122 against fighters who won't fight back, regardless of how good they are supposed to be. Donaire had a good solid run this year but chances are he'll never do anything in his career that comes close to the accomplishment of Marquez this year.
      Don't know about that man, sure it's not quite on the magnitude of the Pac-Marquez IV win but he did demolish Darchinyan as a big underdog...

Comment

Suck it Donaire haters. If donaires destroys rigo and mares next year he will be P4P #1 and another FOTY!!

Comment

I dont care if Donaire fought through the year with an injury, Marquez brutally knocked out the number 1 pound for pound fighter in the world that should have put him on everybody's fighter of the year list.

Comment

It's very hard to get the award off of 1 win only, you at least have to have a decent second one. It Marquez had beat a top 10 140er, he'd have more of an argument, but he didn't.

Donaire's comp at 122 is pretty similar to JMM's at 135, except Donaire knocked off 4 of them in a year with ease.

Comment

I have no problem with Donaire getting the award. He won a title off of WV2, he unified against Mathebula, and he beat the best guy in the weight class against Nishioka. That is a very solid year. (Arce was a joke, admittedly.)

Marquez did knock out Pacquiao which is huge but otherwise he had a very quiet year. I don't think he should get the award based on just that win.

Comment

A lot of peps in here are butthurt that Marquez didn't win it . There's two reason why he didn't win it...his win is suspect from working with a known peds trainer and he was getting his azz handed to him before the win.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
                  A lot of peps in here are butthurt that Marquez didn't win it . There's two reason why he didn't win it...his win is suspect from working with a known peds trainer and he was getting his azz handed to him before the win.
                  I don't think the steroids are relevant here but the prob I have is that he simply scored a KO on a guy he was losing to. And that's it. KO of the year? YES! But you don't earn FOTY on one punch. You earn it by doing exactly what Donaire did.

Comment

chris john is fighter of the year. he beat 44-0 chonlorn piripiyno. just because you are ignorant doens't mean it didn't happen! give chris john his trophy now!

Comment

congrats Donaire, you earned it champ

Comment

Working...
                      X