No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Haye: Not Interested in Price or Fury Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    What did Haye do hit Valuev with seven of the ten punches that he threw during the entire fight? In my opinion Haye didn't even do enough to beat the Beast. And I am far from alone with that opinion of the fight. I also tried to find the Compubox numbers out there. But there was a technical problem with the system. And the problem was that all the people that where supposed to count the punches fell asleep during the bore fest of a fight.
    Haye vs Valuev

Landed/Thrown/Pct.

Haye 98/143/68.5%

Valuev 64/390/16%

I don't even think it was close tbh, Valuev walked forward all night, threw a lot of arm punches and landed absolutely nothing while getting hit just about everytime Haye threw. I think there was one decent punch from Valuev all night.

117-111 type fight.
    Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 12-27-2012, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      Haye vs Valuev

Landed/Thrown/Pct.

Haye 98/143/68.5%

Valuev 64/390/16%

I don't even think it was close tbh, Valuev walked forward all night, threw a lot of arm punches and landed absolutely nothing while getting hit just about everytime Haye threw. I think there was one decent punch from Valuev all night.

117-111 type fight.
      I have looked and I honestly cannot find the Compubox numbers anywhere. Therefore, I find it rather strange that you are the only one that has found them. But I did find something interesting. The British newspaper, The Guardian, actually scored the Valuev-Haye fight a draw.

Comment

I have looked and I honestly cannot find the Compubox numbers anywhere. Therefore, I find it rather strange that you are the only one that has found them. But I did find something interesting. The British newspaper, The Guardian, actually scored the Valuev-Haye fight a draw.
        The punch stats are on several other boxing sites, which you're not allowed to link to. Just search for the punch stats and you'll get them.

A couple of British outlets scored it either for Valuev or a draw, as he fought a very different fight than what they expected. Obviously the punch that wobbled Valuev gave them reason to think that going gung-ho should have been his tactics all night, despite the size difference. I believe he should have been a bit more agressive, but overall had the right tactics and won the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          The punch stats are on several other boxing sites, which you're not allowed to link to. Just search for the punch stats and you'll get them.

A couple of British outlets scored it either for Valuev or a draw, as he fought a very different fight than what they expected. Obviously the punch that wobbled Valuev gave them reason to think that going gung-ho should have been his tactics all night, despite the size difference. I believe he should have been a bit more agressive, but overall had the right tactics and won the fight.
          Haye should have been a bit more aggressive has to be understatement of the year. I have also, on more then one occasion, searched for the numbers to no avail. I have even read articles that state that they don't exist. That is there is nothing official that can be found. I have even tried to count the punches myself. But I was so bored that I fell asleep not once but twice in my attempt to do so. By the way Sky TV was one of the British en****** that scored the fight for Valuev.

Comment

Explain to me how I contradicted myself. I said he moves well and he is fast and powerful and he, in my opinion, lacks boxing skills. If you don't understand what I meant maybe you should stick to watching Star Wars movies.
            I do think that Haye moves well and is in fact fast and powerful. However, I honestly thought Wlad made him look somewhat amateurish. Because in my opinion Haye's boxing skills are overrated. Therefore the only fighters Haye has looked good against are the ones that stood in front of him and traded with him. Hell, he couldn't even get inside of Valuev's slow a$$ jab.
            Ummm ok like the thicko you are, I'll break it down for you.

Sentence 1: I honestly thought Wlad made him look somewhat amateurish.
            Sentence 2: Because in my opinion Haye's boxing skills are overrated.

How can Wlad make him look amateurish if you say he's overrated? If he's overrated, Wlad can't make him look amateurish because he would already be ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post

How can Wlad make him look amateurish if you say he's overrated? If he's overrated, Wlad can't make him look amateurish because he would already be ****.

Overrated doesn't mean his skills are ****. It's like saying, he still has decent but not legendary skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post

Haye is fast on his feet and has good head movement. Because he does have great reflexes and is indeed fast. In my opinion he just doesn't have the best boxing skills to go along with his other attributes. You want proof? Anyone that sticks a jab in his face turns Haye into a boring fighter. And the fighters that Haye looks good against are the ones that stand and trade with him. That is when all he needs is his speed and power.

Comment

The Haye vs Wlad fight would have turned out different if Wlad had been warned and then deducted points for illegal leaning, he would have been forced to fight and we would have had a tear up on our hands. The referee did a very poor job, the leaning ruined the fight, Wlad didnt want to engage in a inside battle, which is fair enough, but the tactics he used were illegal

Not sure how he got away with those illegal moves, maybe Bonte paid he referee a bung

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                    The Haye vs Wlad fight would have turned out different if Wlad had been warned and then deducted points for illegal leaning, he would have been forced to fight and we would have had a tear up on our hands. The referee did a very poor job, the leaning ruined the fight, Wlad didnt want to engage in a inside battle, which is fair enough, but the tactics he used were illegal

Not sure how he got away with those illegal moves, maybe Bonte paid he referee a bung
                    Wlad was in fact warned and a point was in fact deducted.

Comment

Wlad was in fact warned and a point was in fact deducted.
                      which round?

should have had more points deducted because from what i recall he did it to the very last moment of the fight, which ruined any chance of a tear up. 1 point wasnt enough

Comment

Working...
                      X