• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
    Arum himself said he is the reason the fight did not happen
    When?

Where?

Comment

ok Larryx, who said something to spark your Floyd defensive diatribes this time?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        When?

Where?
        read the opening post,i post facts in my thread

Arum stated that Mayweather would have fought Margarito for the 8 million, but he wanted a guaranteed 10 million to fight Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton. Arum only guaranteed him 7 million. And for those who don’t know Cotto and Hatton were at the Mayweather-Gatti fight and Cotto was ranked number 5 by the ring at the time (Proof: Listen to the commentary Jim Lampley at the end of round 5) . Cotto had just moved up to the 140 pound weight class and he didn’t make an offer to fight Mayweather after the Gatti fight.

Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn’t interested in participating in. “That’s not in the cards,” Arum said. “He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It’s not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold ‘em and when to fold ‘em. We’ll talk about things down the road.” Notice this part Arum was talking

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
          read the opening post,i post facts in my thread

Arum stated that Mayweather would have fought Margarito for the 8 million, but he wanted a guaranteed 10 million to fight Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton. Arum only guaranteed him 7 million. And for those who don’t know Cotto and Hatton were at the Mayweather-Gatti fight and Cotto was ranked number 5 by the ring at the time (Proof: Listen to the commentary Jim Lampley at the end of round 5) . Cotto had just moved up to the 140 pound weight class and he didn’t make an offer to fight Mayweather after the Gatti fight.

Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn’t interested in participating in. “That’s not in the cards,” Arum said. “He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It’s not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold ‘em and when to fold ‘em. We’ll talk about things down the road.” Notice this part Arum was talking
          What does Cotto or Hatton have to do with Margarito?

I realize that Cotto is in the video I posted, but I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about Margarito, and Arum never said that "I'm the reason Mayweather never fought Margarito", as you just claimed.

All you did was say that Arum only guaranteed Mayweather 7 million for Hatton and Cotto - Two fights I'm not even interested in talking about, and two fights that have nothing to do with this topic of conversation.

Comment

I realize that Cotto is in the video I posted, but I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about Margarito, and Arum never said that "I'm the reason Mayweather never fought Margarito", as you just claimed.

All you did was say that Arum only guaranteed Mayweather 7 million for Hatton and Cotto - Two fights I'm not even interested in talking about, and two fights that have nothing to do with this topic of conversation.
            cause Mayweather was negotiating his resigning..since Arum refused to give him those guarantees he left and make a hell of alot more money.....simple as that..

Comment

You need to read between the lines, it is all connected do you think Arum offered up Margarito for big money with no strings attached~ does that sound like Bob Arum? The Margarito fight wasn't even worth that much, so Floyd getting paid like that for that sort of unknown opposition who was less well known that Hatton or Cotto had to be for a reason correct?

The Margarito stuff was essentially all Bob Arum using free methods and stuff that was never going to work to promote Antonio Margarito, and people ate/eat that shit up

Comment

Working...
              X