Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis is one of the most underrated champions of all times. Shame shame shame.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    1. The "something missing" is an American passport, isn't it, be honest.

2. "no grit" Log the **** off son, go join the tiddlywinks forum.
    I've never held national bias against or for a fighter. Hell, my being an American Calzaghe apologist on this board is proof enough. But, you don't seem to have respect for personal opinion or the ability to counter anything I said so go ahead and get in a last word if you're one of these fragile Lewis minions. He was a respectable champ and a decent guy, but I maintain my personal*reasons for not being in awe.

Comment

Agreed. And I agree with the late Manny Steward; at his best, Lewis could beat any heavyweight from any era. I watched about 6-7 of his fights again the other night and he was the total package, aside from a sometimes-iffy chin. Great ring general with the tools to implement any gameplan. An ATG jab. Great power, size and strength. Threw beautiful combinations to the head and body with force. And one overlooked attribute was his willingness to dig deep and engage in a war when needed.

It's sad but looking at that era, the contenders were world's better than they are today, and they weren't exactly amazing. But a motivated Ray Mercer could have ran through this era. Heck, a 41yr old Mercer bruised up Wlad's eye with that jab pretty bad. And he barely landed and was beyond shot. Anyway, Lewis was and is underrated but in my opinion is a top 10 heavyweight of all-time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        I was thinking of this when I saw this thread. Good thing is that he was able to redeem himself right away.

Comment

of course he's underrated.

He ended USA dominance over heavyweight boxing after like 120 years, his punches sent shockwaves throughout the nation that were felt from the white house, to graceland.

It was so bad, that American childeren were too terrified to lace up a glove if they were over 200lb, and there hasn't been a good heavyweight since.

^^^^ All of this.

Personally, I rank Lennox in the top 3. American's continue to hate, though.

Comment

1. The "something missing" is an American passport, isn't it, be honest.

2. "no grit" Log the **** off son, go join the tiddlywinks forum.
            lmfao earl "the slayer"hickey i love it.

Comment

no way is lennoxx overrated his pedigree in the ams along with the pro game dominance puts him easily in the top 10

Comment

If anything, he is overrated. Not underrated.

Comment

Lewis is one of the greatest of all time, prime for prime, and in good condition, I can see him beating anyone. Lets not forget that a Lewis who was in the worst condition and heaviest weight of his entire career beat Vitali in only 6 rounds. That should put things into context. Most other heavyweight champions (especially of the current era) are of a totally inferior pedigree to Lewis. When he was in shape and motivated he was impossible to beat, and even when completely out of shape he beat the current heavyweight champion in only 6. His retirement brought with it the fall of the heavyweight division and left it in the ruins it's in today.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Agreed. And I agree with the late Manny Steward; at his best, Lewis could beat any heavyweight from any era. I watched about 6-7 of his fights again the other night and he was the total package, aside from a sometimes-iffy chin. Great ring general with the tools to implement any gameplan. An ATG jab. Great power, size and strength. Threw beautiful combinations to the head and body with force. And one overlooked attribute was his willingness to dig deep and engage in a war when needed.

It's sad but looking at that era, the contenders were world's better than they are today, and they weren't exactly amazing. But a motivated Ray Mercer could have ran through this era. Heck, a 41yr old Mercer bruised up Wlad's eye with that jab pretty bad. And he barely landed and was beyond shot. Anyway, Lewis was and is underrated but in my opinion is a top 10 heavyweight of all-time.
                    I think he lost to Ray Mercer and it always seemed like Lewis pawed with his jab to me.

Comment

Originally posted by UnicornGirl View Post
                      Lewis's chin and resume is severely underrated. Shame.

Lennox Lewis have defeated and fought more big punchers than any other fighter in the history of boxing- bar Ali.(that is debatable).
                      Ruddock-Bruno-Mason-Golota-Grant-Vitali-Tua-Morrison-even 2002 shot Tyson had massive 1 Punch KO Power.-Briggs.-Rahman II-Mccall II-Vitali
                      Sure, he lost against Rahman when he was sleeping and unprepared. But he avenged his only legit defeat. (He avenged his illegitate one as well)
                      His resume is packed with a long list of World Class fighters. Yes he beat a Past it Tyson. But even that Tyson still = a B Class fighter.
                      Holyfield was still elite when Lewis fought him, as rankings proved.

He ruined so many fighters as well. These fighters all looked great heading into Lennox fight, but never recovered afterwards.

Ruddock-Golota-Tua-Grant etc... So many careers ruined.

He is not just Vitali's tko6 Daddy... In fact, that's an insult to both fighters.
                      He lost fair and square to McCall too. He was wobbling on his feet as the referee stopped it. Lewis wasn't that great, but he was better than the Klitschko's.

Comment

Working...
                      X