No announcement yet.

Floyd has defeated the #1 guy in EVERY division he has been in

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    He does...sorry at 160 HE IS THE MAN, not at 154, the moment he fights Martinez at 154 then the same people asking for the fight at 154 would came he made him come to 154, believe me I have seen it before.
    He's been offering to come there forever, but i guess Floyd isnt a 154 fighter anymore, i mean he is fighting Rob at WW

Comment

No it's relevant, am a boxing fan I want to see health fighters not zombies, this is one of the reason I don't like Pacquiao against Cotto.
      Why can't Mayweather fight at 160 and challenge for the title? Plenty of other guys have. Delahoya/Hopkins Corey spinks/Jermain Taylor, Duran tons of guys. Most guys lose but if Mayweathers so great he should succeed where his contemporaries fail. Even Kassim ouma and vinny paz tried it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Campaigning at another division would make him lose that title (as well as the WBC title)

The perfect plan is that Sergio has to "prove" himself now? So you want him to drop everything, to fight at 154 knowing full well that Canelo and Floyd will NEVER fight him?
        Yes prove you can fight at 154, that is not going to make him lose his title at 160, that pure horse*****, again it's the perfect plan, instead of Martin Murray he should fight a contender at 154, that way the Mayweathers, cottos, or Canelo have no excuses.

Comment

Then all he has to do is fight at 154, perfect game plan... People don't understand how difficult it is to make weight, the fact that he weight in at 158 shows me he cannot make 154 and be health, you want to see an unhealthy fighters in the ring with Mayweather but I would rather not and this is my amateur boxing experience talking.
          Cool lets make that fight against floyd then

If you think he cant make 154 healthy, why would you want him to fight at 154 at all? So you want to see him fight other fighters unhealthy? hmmmmm or is it you just dont want to see him fight floyd

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            Come on, Gatti #1 at 140? The others are correct, but Gatti was not the best 140 pounder. That distinction belonged to Ricky Hatton after he the beat THE guy at 140, Tszyu. I agree with the rest.
            You are right. Tsyzu was #1 at 140 at the time. Hatton turned down a shot at Mayweather at 140 before he fought Tszyu. Mayweather called out Tszyu also, but he chose to fight Hatton instead. By the time Hatton and Tszyu fought, Mayweather had moved on to 147.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
              Why can't Mayweather fight at 160 and challenge for the title? Plenty of other guys have. Delahoya/Hopkins Corey spinks/Jermain Taylor, Duran tons of guys. Most guys lose but if Mayweathers so great he should succeed where his contemporaries fail. Even Kassim ouma and vinny paz tried it.
              It's ridiculous what you guys expect from Mayweather. 160? GTFO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                That's exactly my thoughts, I would rather Mayweather go to 160 and take that fight for his legacy, not at 154 because Martinez would be a zombie.

Comment

Then all he has to do is fight at 154, perfect game plan... People don't understand how difficult it is to make weight, the fact that he weight in at 158 shows me he cannot make 154 and be health, you want to see an unhealthy fighters in the ring with Mayweather but I would rather not and this is my amateur boxing experience talking.
                  thats stupid....so when sergio drops his titles to do down in weight looking for floyd and floyd fights canelo instead and then retires, where does sergio go from there? if sergio doesn't have his titles, nobody will fight him. he can barely get big fights now.

Comment

Campaigning at another division would make him lose that title (as well as the WBC title)

The perfect plan is that Sergio has to "prove" himself now? So you want him to drop everything, to fight at 154 knowing full well that Canelo and Floyd will NEVER fight him?
                    Yes we all know Chad Dawson lost his Light Heavyweight belt when he fought Andre Ward, wait a minute............ he did not.

If Floyd fights Martinez I want it to be at 160lb. I'm not interested in seeing fighters come down in weight to even out the playing field as it means something has been taken away from the fighter. People assuming Sergio would be the same man at 154lb are kidding themselves. People who are relying on Sergio's ''willingness'' to drop down to 154lb do not know a thing about getting your foot in the door.

Comment

Cool lets make that fight against floyd then

If you think he cant make 154 healthy, why would you want him to fight at 154 at all? So you want to see him fight other fighters unhealthy? hmmmmm or is it you just dont want to see him fight floyd
                      To prove he can indeed fight at 154 and be healthy, then the pressure is on Mayweathers, cottos, or Canelo to fight him at 154.

Comment

Working...
                      X