Floyd has defeated the #1 guy in EVERY division he has been in

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
    He routinely weighs in under 160.
    I know what weight he usually hovers around. I also know that its not 154 pounds. At 38-39 years old history isn't on his side if he thinks he will make 154 successfully.

There are several legit options at 154 that are much better than Martin Murray that he decided not to pursue. Why not make yourself relevant at 154? Thats where all the action is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_L View Post
      Whether he could or not is really irrelevant. The point is he's willing to do so but Floyd doesn't want to fight him. If Floyd thought he would struggle with the weight, that would only make Floyd want to fight him more. Floyd isn't avoiding him because he's concerned for Sergio's health.
      No it's relevant, am a boxing fan I want to see health fighters not zombies, this is one of the reason I don't like Pacquiao against Cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Then let him fight at 154 in his next fight, Trout is a good name at the moment, Kirkland if he wants it etc, that would put pressure on people like Mayweather, Canelo, Cotto at 154, but I doubt he makes it health.
        He's a 160 champ ray, he doesn't have to prove anything at 154 to fight floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          He is the real MW champ, he isnt going to lose that title to go and fight in another division just to "put pressure" on a fighter that may/will never fight him, that ridiculous
          He doesn't have to lose that title, all he has to do is fight someone at 154 instead of fighting someone like Martin Murray or baker, that would put pressure on those 3 names that I mentioned at 154, it's the perfect plan... Because right now people that know boxing knows Martinez hasn't fought at that weight for 4 years so its sensible to want to see how he does against a contender before going up against those guys.

Comment

No it's relevant, am a boxing fan I want to see health fighters not zombies, this is one of the reason I don't like Pacquiao against Cotto.
            sergio weights in at 158. that means he doesn't even really have to cut weight. you got guys cutting more than 10 pounds a day before the weigh in. 4 pounds is nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
              Yeah, exactly. He's number 1, despite having people ranked above him. Go figure...

Your earlier post is so true. Larry is a great poster of that sort. Just looks at useless 'facts' and statistics and wanks about that constantly. As you said, on paper, Floyds resume looks amazing, but if you had watched it and knew boxing well, you'd know that there are major league holes all throughout his career after 130 and 135. It was properly good through those divisions and then just went to ****. With the guys around these days, he could have had a properly great career. He's seemingly done his best to not do that after starting out so well.

As much of a fan as you could be, I would have thought that it would be preferable to keep the fact hidden among his better things that the number 1 guys he beat at 140 and 147 were ****ing Baldomir and Gatti.

That's not the type of thing you'd spend much time saying if you were a fanboy of Larry's proportions. That's literally admitting that the very best guys, the number 1 guys as Larry puts it, he beat in two divisions were among the worst 'champions' in those divisions in a long time. Gatti not so bad, except unfortunately Floyd fought him when he was shot, and even in his prime he wasn't anything more than a contender.

Not something to be basing greatness on.
              This is what I always say. He was doing great until he left 135. He was someone to get behind. Then he let me down with soft touch after soft touch. I still think the loss to castillo spooked him and he decided he better be more careful.

So when he was active it was **** bum after **** bum. Then these long retirements sitting on the sidelines waiting for guys to start stumbling then pounce on them. I have no doubt he would have tried to fight Pac if he won and looked bad enough doing it. And the most disgusting thing is he did that through his best years. Imagine all prime fighters did that? OMG we wouldn't even have a sport. Mayweather has no honor. He's just a disrespectful puke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
                He's a 160 champ ray, he doesn't have to prove anything at 154 to fight floyd.
                He does...sorry at 160 HE IS THE MAN, not at 154, the moment he fights Martinez at 154 then the same people asking for the fight at 154 would came he made him come to 154, believe me I have seen it before.

Comment

He doesn't have to lose that title, all he has to do is fight someone at 154 instead of fighting someone like Martin Murray or baker, that would put pressure on those 3 names that I mentioned at 154, it's the perfect plan... Because right now people that know boxing knows Martinez hasn't fought at that weight for 4 years so its sensible to want to see how he does against a contender before going up against those guys.
                  Campaigning at another division would make him lose that title (as well as the WBC title)

The perfect plan is that Sergio has to "prove" himself now? So you want him to drop everything, to fight at 154 knowing full well that Canelo and Floyd will NEVER fight him?

Comment

• how many years did zab judah spend at 147? he looks fine at 140 now. he's 35....again yall just making excuses. sergio can make the weight.
                    Last edited by Big_L; 12-24-2012, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_L View Post
                      sergio weights in at 158. that means he doesn't even really have to cut weight. you got guys cutting more than 10 pounds a day before the weigh in. 4 pounds is nothing.
                      Then all he has to do is fight at 154, perfect game plan... People don't understand how difficult it is to make weight, the fact that he weight in at 158 shows me he cannot make 154 and be health, you want to see an unhealthy fighters in the ring with Mayweather but I would rather not and this is my amateur boxing experience talking.

Comment

Working...
                      X