20 million viewers for boxing in Japan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
    damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Floyds next fight may be in Japan
    i think we should promote goodwill towards them japanese, not export them our garbage, just saying

Comment

goddamit they put some good fights every tuesday, sometimes even on other weekdays, and i wanna watch them but can't find them anywhere

Comment

They have crappier cable than us? "**** nothing to watch tonight but these stupid jumping crap shows lets watch some boxing frukkk yeaaahh"

Comment

Ratings are more than likely higher than I thought since I misread how to translate them. I was think 1% = 1 million when in actuality in Japan it stands for 1% of the total poplation. So since the ratings is 20% it's actually closer to 26 million.

The dominant boxer in Japanese history is Fighting Harada who for some reason isn't listed on the top ten I posted earlier but is all over the top 50 most watched Japanese shows ever.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
            Ratings are more than likely higher than I thought since I misread how to translate them. I was think 1% = 1 million when in actuality in Japan it stands for 1% of the total poplation. So since the ratings is 20% it's actually closer to 26 million.

The dominant boxer in Japanese history is Fighting Harada who for some reason isn't listed on the top ten I posted earlier but is all over the top 50 most watched Japanese shows ever.
            He was a mad bastard. Great fighter. Like that eras Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
              He was a mad bastard. Great fighter. Like that eras Pac.
              Well he was always a very inconsistent fighters, often showing up out of shape. His fighting style makes Pac's boxing skills look like Mayweather's by comparison.

Comment

Updated the top list to include Harada's ratings

EDIT: ratings represent a percentage of the total population of Japan at the time. E.G present day Japan is 129 million.
                1. Harada vs Jofre 64%
                2. Harada vs Rudkin 60%
                3. Harada vs Karaboro 57%
                4. Harada vs Jofre 54%
                5. Harada vs Joe Medal 53%
                6. Harada vs Rose 53%
                7. Gushiken vs Rios 43%
                8. Koki vs Naito 43%
                9. Koki vs Randaeta 42%
                10. Golden Dragon High-hyun vs Gushiken 41%
                11. Tatsuyoshi vs Yakushiji 39%
                12. Tyson vs Douglas 38%
                13. Gushiken vs Vargas 38%
                14. Flores vs Gushiken 36%
                15. All Kameda bros card 33%
                16. Barukasu vs Gushiken 32%
                Last edited by croz; 12-24-2012, 12:19 PM.

Comment

They have 5 champs and dont even recognize 2 of the belts, they are very underrated, mostly unknown cuz of their size

Comment

Working...
                  X