No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Angel on Khan Rematch: No Chin, Can't Break an Egg

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Angel on Khan Rematch: No Chin, Can't Break an Egg

Amir Khan (27-3, 19KOs) will have no chance at winning a rematch with WBA/WBC junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia (25-0, 16KOs), according to the boxer's father/trainer Angel Garcia.

Angel sat ringside in Los Angeles and watched Khan, now being trained by Virgil Hunter, beat up previously undefeated Carlos Molina, who moved up from the lightweight division.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Garcia has got Judah and Lucas M next..

Comment

Wow Garcias seem to go out of their way to duck Khan...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Garcia has got Judah and Lucas M next..
        Assuming he gets past Judah, Garcia is gonna duck Lucas

He'd rather drop the WBC title than lose it AND the WBA title to a guy who can't draw

Garcia can't draw without the belts either. so he needs to keep a hold of them until he gets a big fight, possibly the Khan rematch or if Marquez comes back to town

Comment

Originally posted by mmainukraine View Post
          Wow Garcias seem to go out of their way to duck Khan...
          not really, they are ducking matthysse because he's a real threat, not a guy with no chin.

Comment

Khan didn't show much change in his last fight Danny would have KO Khan.

Comment

I didn't watch the start of khan/Molina,did angel garica walk out with Molina and was he in the dressing room watching khan get his hands wrapped?

Comment

I didn't realize it until I saw Khan's record, but damn, Khan hasn't really had a decent KO or KD in a while. Salitas was probably the only one in a 4 year period. Barrera was stopped on cuts, which has more to do with Khan's hand speed than power. Malignaggi was one of those being outclassed type of stoppages, but he wasn't dropped. He got Maidana with a good body shot, but anyone can go down if hit in the right spot and isn't necessarily indicative of power. McCloskey was a crap cut stoppage. Judah was a weird body shot/low blow/quittage KO. The Peterson KD was bull**** and should have been ruled a slip. And he couldn't drop a blown up lightweight in Molina.
                Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 12-23-2012, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  I didn't realize it until I saw Khan's record, but damn, Khan hasn't really had a decent KO or KD in a while. Salitas was probably the only one in a 4 year period. Barrera was stopped on cuts, which has more to do with Khan's hand speed than power. Malignaggi was one of those being outclassed type of stoppages, but he wasn't dropped. He got Maidana with a good body shot, but anyone can go down if hit in the right spot and isn't necessarily indicative of power. McCloskey was a crap cut stoppage. Judah was a weird body shot/low blow/quittage KO. The Peterson KD was bull**** and should have been ruled a slip. And he couldn't drop a blown up lightweight in Molina.
                  that has more to do with amir khan's head ramming into barrera's.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    that has more to do with amir khan's head ramming into barrera's.
                    Really? I haven't watched that fight in a while. Forgot about that. Looking even worst for khan.

Comment

Working...
                    X