Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explain why Sergio Martinez vs floyd mayweather at 160 doesnt make sense?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this matchup, along with martinez/ward, are really the only times i'd like to see catchweights used. floyd isn't a real big light middleweight and he's never fought at 160 before. martinez, at an older age, stands to risk being drained if he were to fight at 154. have the fight be at 156/157 just like i would like to see martinez/ward at 164.

Comment

• The haters call Mayweather a ducker, but everytime I ask why Cotto at 154lbs didn't make sense for Pacquiao, so little that he requested ANOTHER catchweight and ran for hills when he didn't get it (straight into a right hand from Marquez LOL), these people run for the hills before answering. I think I've asked this question multiple times on this thread alone and have yet to receive a decent answer.

Guevara, or any of your ilk. Please answer why it's ok for Pacquiao to duck a 154lbs fight against someone he already dominated, but not ok for Mayweather to do anything less than fight at middleweight- against the best one. Is it because Mayweather is just that much better than Pacquiao you expect more?
      Last edited by Marvellous1; 12-25-2012, 03:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUEVARA View Post
        It will create enough interest and hype to sell more than a guerrero fight. (Mayweather going for his so called 6th weight division)

Sergio is a pound for pound elite.

Legacy wise floyd needs this to revive whatever is left of a tainted/suspect/arguably "well manipulated" career

Not since the great Roberto Duran has it been achieved.

Skills not size wins fight -Thats from floyd jr himself

If Sergio gets beat floyd's career/legacy will be underwhelming considering how his fans hype him up to be.
        I'd like to see it, but Floyd is the fighter that doesn't take those kind of chances. He fights for money, not legacy. Sergio is willing to come down, so Mayweather would take him up on that before ever moving up to MW.

Comment

• Originally posted by RossCA View Post
          I'd like to see it, but Floyd is the fighter that doesn't take those kind of chances. He fights for money, not legacy. Sergio is willing to come down, so Mayweather would take him up on that before ever moving up to MW.
          If Floyd took a CW and won do really think he would he get any credit at all , it would be a drained Martinez is all he would get from it , and Manny dont take those chances , CWing a plodder like Margo is a lot different than a fighter like Martinez , sometimes I think you fellas just dont think things out , after all the uproar about Manny and his drainings I cant see Floyd taking a CW and 160 is just to big , Floyd weighed 146 against JMM while Manny weighed 147 , but Manny could never fight SM at MW but Floyd is supposed to , the double standards placed on Floyd are crazy .

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            If Floyd took a CW and won do really think he would he get any credit at all , it would be a drained Martinez is all he would get from it , and Manny dont take those chances , CWing a plodder like Margo is a lot different than a fighter like Martinez , sometimes I think you fellas just dont think things out , after all the uproar about Manny and his drainings I cant see Floyd taking a CW and 160 is just to big , Floyd weighed 146 against JMM while Manny weighed 147 , but Manny could never fight SM at MW but Floyd is supposed to , the double standards placed on Floyd are crazy .
            Excuses to not see Floyd get beat. Floyd knows he gets criticised no matter what so why not fight Sergio at 154 if too chicken to fight at 160?

He didnt mind bloating JMM up, he knew hed get criticized, and he did. Floyd still fought him. Being criticised is not a valid excuse not to fight. He will be more critised for fighting guerro at 147.

So hes not going to fight anyone as he will be crticised? So retire then and dont fight anyone! And he will be criticised in retirement as well. Floyd and critisme go hand in hand like fish and chips, horse and carriage, love and marriage.
            Last edited by hugh grant; 12-25-2012, 04:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              Excuses to not see Floyd get beat. Floyd knows he gets criticised no matter what so why not fight Sergio at 154 if too chicken to fight at 160?

He didnt mind bloating JMM up, he knew hed get criticized, and he did. Floyd still fought him. Being criticised is not a valid excuse not to fight. He will be more critised for fighting guerro at 147.

So hes not going to fight anyone as he will be crticised? So retire then and dont fight anyone! And he will be criticised in retirement as well. Floyd and critisme go hand in hand like fish and chips, horse and carriage, love and marriage.
              Another ducker who flees the question I repeatedly ask. Why is Mayweather a chicken for not facing Martinez at 160lbs, and Pacquiao not a chicken for running from a fight with Cotto at 154lbs? Especially seeing as Pacquiao had the comfort of knowing he could beat Cotto. Even though the catchweight had nothing to do with the previous result, Pacquiao needed another one. Why? It must have been important as they ran from the fight without it..... straight into a humiliating KO from a smaller, older opponent.

I'll ask again, why was is fine for Pacquiao to run from a fight with Cotto at 154lbs?

(I think this is what you call "lawyering". Using facts to put someone in an impossible position to answer a question)

Consider yourselves LAWYERED.

Comment

• Because Floyd can't make middleweight. He's way too small

Comment

• Originally posted by GoldSugar View Post
                  Because Floyd can't make weight. He's way too small of a heart and testicular fortitude
                  fix it for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUEVARA View Post
                    fix it for you.
                    Stop thinking of his testiculars

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                      do you think things out? floyd-marquez was at a CW and floyd cheated. just too easy.

Comment

Working...
                      X