Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explain why Sergio Martinez vs floyd mayweather at 160 doesnt make sense?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The double standards are incredible:

Q. Why can't Manny fight Cotto at 154lbs if he's already destroyed him?
    A. Manny's already said he won't fight above 147lbs again, so it's fair.... even though the weight played no part in the first fight of course (it ain't cherry picking even if it's draining... so there!).

Q. Why can't Floyd fight Martinez at 160lbs?
    A. It's a fact he barely makes light-middle. Even though his haters won't admit it , he must be super amazing that the only opponent credible for him has to out weigh him by 10 to 15lbs as well as be P4P and number one at the weight. Pacquiao can get KO'd by his third choice opponent and still be a legend, Mayweather can't be well thought of unless he risks his life two divisions above where he should be fighting (NO CATCHWEIGHTS ALLOWED, unlike the legend).

Comment

floyd could do that and its the only fight left out there that means something in my opinion. but he cant be EXPECTED to do that. he doesnt have to. Only the truly great fighters test their abilities where they are not supposed to.

Comment

Dude's is talking about Pacquiao is too small for Sergio at 150 and that Margarito almost killed him. But then Mayweather vs Martinez at 160 makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldSugar View Post
          I know right. Floyd will be a 37 yr old blown up welterweight. What does it do for Martinez besides getting a retirement cheque?
          Floyd will be 36 in Feb.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Dude's is talking about Pacquiao is too small for Sergio at 150 and that Margarito almost killed him. But then Mayweather vs Martinez at 160 makes sense.
            They've been lobbying hard to get Floyd in with the middleweights the last two weeks

I wonder why...coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
              but you wanna give Floyd credit for beating a two fight lightweight at 147.

odd.[/SIZE]
              WTF does this even mean? You guys are ******ed.

First it was yesterday "At least Pacquiao challenged himself by fighting Marquez".

Now this "two fight lightweight at 147" crap. You guys are mentally ill.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                Marquez fought Pacquiao twice at welterweight and did very well. So yeah, Mayweather deserves credit for dominating Marquez.
                He deserves some, but he did not honor the catchweight and that was the first time Marquez had fought above 135. I don't think it would be quite as easy for Floyd now.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  They've been lobbying hard to get Floyd in with the middleweights the last two weeks

I wonder why...coincidence?
                  This site's been salivating for Mayweather-Martinez for a little more than 2 years now. With Pac out of the picture, that's the only risk left for Mayweather, and most people want to see it at 160 rather than 154.

Comment

The Robert Guerrero fight sucks because it just does. Just say that, rather than embarrass yourselves like 2501 or El Gallo Negro. Just say the fight sucks because RG is not an elite fighter. That's what I think.

But all this crap, questioning if Guerrero is a WW even after two good performances against full blown WW's. It's just stupid. It shows the real stupidity of anti-Floyd fans. Though it would be hard to top the joke thread about Pacquiao challenging himself against Marquez.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      This site's been salivating for Mayweather-Martinez for a little more than 2 years now. With Pac out of the picture, that's the only risk left for Mayweather, and most people want to see it at 160 rather than 154.
                      I've been dying to see Mayweather vs Ward at 168 actually.

Comment

Working...
                      X