No announcement yet.

Ellerbe: "Floyd has made no decision on who he's fighting next"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
    This type of rationalizing always happens when Floyd picks a below par fighter.

The fact is Guerrero has no advantages over Floyd. Canelo has size, power, and comparable speed. Both will get toyed with in the ring, but at least Canelo can land something huge if Floyd doesn't stay careful.
    See, I hate those types of flawed arguments. its like u are penalyzing him gor being too good. if Ghost fought literalky anyone else from 130-147 u and a ton of othets would say its a great fight, yet with Floyd its not.

Trout beats Cotto with a huge size advantage and its a great win but if Floyd has any advantage, the win means nithing. He's so good that he has to take fights with all disadvantages or its not a hard fight. he is the omly guy held to that standard. no one even cares about his times off or jail time. he has to fight all huge guys in his 5th weight class who have nearly 15 pounds on him in the ring an more rhan that naturally or he's not challenging himself.

its a joke
    Last edited by DLT; 12-22-2012, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
      See, I hate those types of flawed arguments. its like u are penalyzing him gor being too good. if Ghost fought literalky anyone else from 130-147 u and a ton of othets would say its a great fight, yet with Floyd its not.

Trout beats Cotto with a huge size advantage and its a great win but if Floyd has any advantage, the win means nithing. He's so good that he has to take fights with all disadvantages or its not a hard fight. he is the omly guy held to that standard. no one even cares about his times off or jail time. he has to fight all huge guys in his 5th weight class who have nearly 15 pounds on him in the ring an more rhan that naturally or he's not challenging himself.

its a joke
      The accidental respect is quite telling, I find it pretty funny too.

God forbid 36 year old Floyd fights Kirkland, Angulo, Molina or Vanes. There would be hell to pay.

But these are good fights for anyone else at the weight.

Comment

Floyd knew who he'd be fighting on May 4, 2013 on September 4. Of 2005

Comment

I wasn't originally looking forward to this fight before Guerrero fought Berto, I would have preferred Berto vs Floyd, but I have to be honest, I dont mind this fight and I think Guerrero will make it a real fight and take a war to Floyd.

This could actually be a much much better fight then a lot of people think. I wont be shocked if Floyd makes it a boring shut out, but equally watching Floyd ship in a lot more shots, I think a young aggressive Guerrero who will leave it all in the ring isn't that bad an option, at least he genuinely believes he can win, thats a good start IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post

its a joke
            I'm penalizing him for not fighting the challenges he should be fighting if he's as good as I think he is.

You're also assuming and injecting what you think that I think instead of what I've said. I'm not even a fan of Guerrero. The guy has proven nothing at 147 so far other than that he is a decent fighter that beat up HBO hypejob Andre Berto.

Do I think he's competitive with a fighter like Floyd just because he did that? Hell no. So why would I think that Floyd-Guerrero is a good fight?

If Floyd is an all-time great fighter, not just a good fighter, he shouldn't need all the advantages to win. I'm the type of fan who wants Floyd to improve his legacy and reach his ultimate potential. I don't credit Floyd with fantasy wins or give him a pass when he fights mismatches. As a fan I think Floyd is wasting his time fighting these type of fights that do nothing, but line his pockets, but I think he's shown time and time again that Floyd doesn't care about his fans or his legacy.

Comment

I'm penalizing him for not fighting the challenges he should be fighting if he's as good as I think he is.

You're also assuming and injecting what you think that I think instead of what I've said. I'm not even a fan of Guerrero. The guy has proven nothing at 147 so far other than that he is a decent fighter that beat up HBO hypejob Andre Berto.

Do I think he's competitive with a fighter like Floyd just because he did that? Hell no. So why would I think that Floyd-Guerrero is a good fight?

If Floyd is an all-time great fighter, not just a good fighter, he shouldn't need all the advantages to win. I'm the type of fan who wants Floyd to improve his legacy and reach his ultimate potential. I don't credit Floyd with fantasy wins or give him a pass when he fights mismatches. As a fan I think Floyd is wasting his time fighting these type of fights that do nothing, but line his pockets, but I think he's shown time and time again that Floyd doesn't care about his fans or his legacy.
              Who can he fight on May 4th that's a more legit fight than the #3 WW Guerrero???

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                Who can he fight on May 4th that's a more legit fight than the #3 WW Guerrero???
                Why does this question get asked whenever Floyd fights?

Guerrero has only had 2 fights at WW after skipping a division and he's already #3 after beating Berto?

It's like Floyd waits for these type of situations.

Floyd should be looking up, not down. Canelo is more legit in my opinion since I think he'll be more of a challenge for Mayweather than Guerrero and is more of a defining win than Guerrero. He'll also make more money fighting Canelo. As a fan of Floyd, Canelo makes the most sense.

Comment

Why does this question get asked whenever Floyd fights?

Guerrero has only had 2 fights at WW after skipping a division and he's already #3 after beating Berto?

It's like Floyd waits for these type of situations.

Floyd should be looking up, not down. Canelo is more legit in my opinion since I think he'll be more of a challenge for Mayweather than Guerrero and is more of a defining win than Guerrero. He'll also make more money fighting Canelo. As a fan of Floyd, Canelo makes the most sense.
                  Berto may not be a world beater, but he'd beaten a couple Top 10 WW's before in Collazo and Zaveck.

Guerrero's beaten 2 Top 10 WW's, that better than anything Canelo has done. I'm not saying Guerrero is a huge fight or anything, but it's a solid fight against a top ranked WW.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    Berto may not be a world beater, but he'd beaten a couple Top 10 WW's before in Collazo and Zaveck.

Guerrero's beaten 2 Top 10 WW's, that better than anything Canelo has done. I'm not saying Guerrero is a huge fight or anything, but it's a solid fight against a top ranked WW.
                    If you want to play the who beat who game then Canelo DEFINITELY deserves more of a shot than Guerrero.

Ortiz beat Berto, Ortiz lost to Josesito Lopez who then got KO'd by Canelo.

Guerrero beats a Berto coming back after a long layoff and a PED scandal and he now deserves a shot at Mayweather more than Canelo?

In what world does that make sense?

Comment

If you want to play the who beat who game then Canelo DEFINITELY deserves more of a shot than Guerrero.

Ortiz beat Berto, Ortiz lost to Josesito Lopez who then got KO'd by Canelo.

Guerrero beats a Berto coming back after a long layoff and a PED scandal and he now deserves a shot at Mayweather more than Canelo?

In what world does that make sense?
                      Lopez had been fighting at JWW before he fought Ortiz and is likely going back down there. Canelo weighed 165-167 on fight night against Lopez, which is pretty big for a JMW as it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X