Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many losses does Floyd Mayweather Jr have against SRL'S WW resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
    Hearns is the tougher matchup for sure. But he lacks in boxing IQ and he never had the legs. He let fighters like Leonard and Hagler get him into slugfest with didnt benefit hit at all. And I wont give Hearns the benefit of the doubt because of that.
    As far as Leonard goes everybody looks at Floyd now and tries to compare that against Leonard at his best. I dont do that. So I would easily take Floyd post multiple hand surgeries over Leonard post eye surgery. I respect your opinion but Ill stick to my own.
    Hearn's had phenominal boxing IQ. Ive never seen him outboxed... if you find a fight where he was, let me know.

Comment

i see no possible way that floyd could beat hearns. i don't think he could beat duran either. so at least 2. benitez is 50/50. thats not a knock on floyd though. i just don't see him beating many great welterweights due to size. duran had nothing to do with size though. he had the skill and style to beat him.

Comment

Ray Leonard big fights at WW:

Hearns - beats PBF
        Duran - beats PBF
        Kalube - beats PBF
        Benitez - beats PBF
        Dave Green - PBF would win..this one, Green threw wide punches and didnt have a good jab.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
          Hagler, Hearns, and Duran.

Would be close with Benitez, but I think FLoyd could pull off points in that one, maybe.
          Just watched Benitez-Hearns the other day and saw his fight with Duran again about a year ago. The way he could make guys miss while on the ropes was incredible. Benitez-Hearns has to on the most technical three-knockdown battle one can find.

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
            Ray Leonard big fights at WW:

Hearns - beats PBF
            Duran - beats PBF
            Kalube - beats PBF
            Benitez - beats PBF
            Dave Green - PBF would win..this one, Green threw wide punches and didnt have a good jab.
            Kalule wasn't at WW. Jr. Middle fight.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
              Just watched Benitez-Hearns the other day and saw his fight with Duran again about a year ago. The way he could make guys miss while on the ropes was incredible. Benitez-Hearns has to on the most technical three-knockdown battle one can find.
              Yeah, his defense was amazing. What I love about him is that he just makes you miss by a fraction of an inch, so efficient.

I remember watching Benitez-Hearns and seeing the combinations Tommy was throwing. They were SOOOO quick, and Benitez could just sense every punch coming, and made them just miss by millimeters. It was just mind blowing.

His biggest failing was his fairly limited offense compared to guys like Duran, Hearns, and Leonard.

Thats where Floyd would make up the difference.

I believe without a doubt that Benitez is the slicker of the two, and I am not sure how Floyd would react to not being able to land his shots.

Would be a very interesting fight.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                Yeah, his defense was amazing. What I love about him is that he just makes you miss by a fraction of an inch, so efficient.

I remember watching Benitez-Hearns and seeing the combinations Tommy was throwing. They were SOOOO quick, and Benitez could just sense every punch coming, and made them just miss by millimeters. It was just mind blowing.

His biggest failing was his fairly limited offense compared to guys like Duran, Hearns, and Leonard.

Thats where Floyd would make up the difference.

I believe without a doubt that Benitez is the slicker of the two, and I am not sure how Floyd would react to not being able to land his shots.

Would be a very interesting fight.
                I cant see how PBF would be albe to land on Benitez..with his 1-2 punch combos..

Comment

I would think Hearns would be the toughest fight for Floyd
                  Duran and Hagler would be tough too but both could get frustrated with boxers
                  They would be 3 tough opponents for Floyd but I think he fairs best against Duran

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                    Kalule wasn't at WW. Jr. Middle fight.
                    I was going by the list provided in the opening post.. either way PBF would not fair to well againts most of SRL's opponents.

Comment

I voted zero...just to make Buboy cry. I'm sure he posts here in BoxingScene. 80% of Pacland lurks this once respectable site.

Comment

Working...
                      X