No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather vs. Guerrero is Close To Done For May 4th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
    I'm not to excited about this fight either but I wouldn't say Guerrero has no chance maybe a slim chance cuz at the end of the day Floyd still will be 36 years old with 12 months of inactivity and If Guerrero is able to fight super dirty like he did with berto then Floyd may have trouble Guerrero also weighed 158 so he will be big..
    Berto was 158. Guerrero was 152 I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by liraj View Post
      Well since floyd is the 154lb champ he could have fought Alvarez, Trout, Bundrage, Molina, Lara, I'm sure Sergio would have came down to 154 if floyd wanted to fight him.

All those guy's would beat Guerrero by the way. Floyd's obviously taking the easiest fight out there right now.
      He's also the WW Champ and taking on his Mando while someone at JMW actually displays they are good enough.

As far as Martinez, do you not know who Murray is? Look up Martinez Murray for April 2013. Then remember Chavez Jr, as that will come into play after.

Easy fight? Ok, we get it, unless Floyd is fighting MW's and/or SMW's, every fight is going to be an easy pick. Same **** different day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        WOW! A top 3 ranked WW, 6 time, 4 division Champion, and one of the hottest fighters right now in any division is considered a cherry pick!

Just goes to show how good some think Floyd really is.
        100%

Comment

• Originally posted by liraj View Post
          Well since floyd is the 154lb champ he could have fought Alvarez, Trout, Bundrage, Molina, Lara, I'm sure Sergio would have came down to 154 if floyd wanted the fight.

All those guy's would beat Guerrero by the way. Floyd's obviously taking the easiest fight out there right now.
          Lmaoooo those are your alternatives? Trout? K9? Molina, Lara? Wow lol, Mayweather fight is at 147, am sure he would go up for Canelo in September though, but let Canelo do something at least.

Comment

• Floyd is a ***** fight canelo at 154 I heard he didn't want to cause of weight issues but he holds the WBA belt at 154 makes no sense Guerrero is to easy for floyd

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
              Fair enough. However Alvarez is the only one who can **** this up. If he declines to fight Trout then it looks bad when Floyd fights Alvarez because we know he will, it’s just a matter of when and what did Alvarez do previously. Right now, nothing great and is only a money fight.

With a Trout win (not assuming he would win but just saying), would make a huge difference in the build up to Mayweather vs Alvarez which is now the biggest money making fight since Pac is no longer in the running next year (or IMO never has, at least not until it is Pac's very last fight).
              First of why are you even coming up with your delusional match-making???

Second is Floyd-Roid a Welterweight or a Jr. middle weight???

Comment

He's also the WW Champ and taking on his Mando while someone at JMW actually displays they are good enough.

As far as Martinez, do you not know who Murray is? Look up Martinez Murray for April 2013. Then remember Chavez Jr, as that will come into play after.

Easy fight? Ok, we get it, unless Floyd is fighting MW's and/or SMW's, every fight is going to be an easy pick. Same **** different day.
                I would point out Martinez would probably have picked Floyd over Murray if Floyd had offered him the May fight and he most definitely would do so over Chavez. That is what he has conveyed in the past at least. The only reason I think he may have stuck with the April date is because he wants to fight in Argentina and the Argentine government seems to really want it as well.

Comment

So Guerrero's good enough but all those those fighters I mentioned at JMW aren't Those fighters would trash Guerrero

Guerrero has no chance in hell here. Floyd knows this.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1prodz View Post
                    First of why are you even coming up with your delusional match-making???

Second is Floyd-Roid a Welterweight or a Jr. middle weight???
                    He's a small WW who fights at WW and JMW while fans are expecting him to fight at MW and/or SMW.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      Sources close to the negotiations have advised BoxingScene.com that a deal is close to done for Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero (31-1-1, 18KOs) to challenge Floyd Mayweather Jr. (43-0, 26KOs) on May 4th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. We've been told the fight will indeed take place in the welterweight division, with Mayweather defending his WBC championship. Guerrero is the mandatory challenger at the weight and hold the interim-belt.

[Click Here To Read More]
                      Guerrero is going to pull the upset

Comment

Working...
                      X